Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 514983 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SK MINISTRY OF DEFENSE THREATENS WAR IF KAESONG WORKERS NOT RETURNED
« Reply #615 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:07 pm »

With the tiny amount of trade these isolationist guys are doing smuggling a nuke is not an easy task. I hope that it is practically impossible.

Doesn't US monitor all ships that enter NK ports? It is probably possible to transfer the device to a second ship in a third country's port but that adds more points of failure to the plan. Does NK have submarines capable of shaking US subs off its tail?
Not ones big enough to smuggle a nuclear warhead.

They can probably smuggle it in parts.

I do not put it above them in any way.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 03, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

What about those mini "briefcase" nukes or the similar?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 03, 2013, 05:33:33 pm »

Just because those exist doesn't mean NK is able to make them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:41 pm »

Just because those exist doesn't mean NK is able to make them.
And, also to note, just because it doesn't exist, it won't stop them from trying to make them.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Does moving that rocket a couple of km make it a significantly bigger threat? Or is it just a pure PR move? (Hey doodz! We have mid range rockets!)
Food for though: Iran once bought a whole batch of NK rocketry and ended up seeking a refund. So.... NK rocket tech probably is not that good

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Food for though: Iran once bought a whole batch of NK rocketry and ended up seeking a refund. So.... NK rocket tech probably is not that good
This is just so bemusing as to seem ACME in origin.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Aaaand my month is made.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Aaaand my month is made.
Then your spring will be made when you learn that North Korea stole a bunch of aid trains from the Chinese, claiming that they were included in the aid program.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:50:40 pm by Ogdibus »

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If war with North Korea ever occurs (I consider it likely that all their nuke-waving is just a bluff), the question I have is... what happens next? Predictably, they would be squashed, but what follows is unclear to me, as there might be some major political ideology clashes between the US and China. Everyone involved is going to want their share, otherwise why get caught up in war, but yielding an inch to either side will benefit a long-term rival. The third option, of course, may be to give the land to South Korea, but as SK is a democratic nation, China might regard that as an advantage to their rival agenda.

While North Korea's waving their arms around, maybe that's what the higher-ups here are thinking about rather than any threat North Korea might pose. I could see international tensions rise if they ever do make a move.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

long-term rival
Do you mean to imply a rivalry between the USA and China?
Hue hue hue hue hue hue!!!

Look at anything in front of you, pick it up, and read the 'made in China' label on the bottom. Trade makes allies of us all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

If war with North Korea ever occurs (I consider it likely that all their nuke-waving is just a bluff), the question I have is... what happens next? Predictably, they would be squashed
No they wouldn't. North Korea can afford to lose so much more to cause more damage. A war with North Korea would not be a war to win, it would be a war to lose the least. And massacring the North Koreans is hardly a more palatable idea, nor would it even be a simple or clean thing to do.
But what follows is unclear to me, as there might be some major political ideology clashes between the US and China. Everyone involved is going to want their share, otherwise why get caught up in war, but yielding an inch to either side will benefit a long-term rival.
Not since 1991.
The third option, of course, may be to give the land to South Korea, but as SK is a democratic nation, China might regard that as an advantage to their rival agenda.
I don't even
While North Korea's waving their arms around, maybe that's what the higher-ups here are thinking about rather than any threat North Korea might pose. I could see international tensions rise if they ever do make a move.
Maybe just a little

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

North Korea doing shit  ::) Nobody is surprised. Fuck, if they launched a missile at somebody, It wouldn't make it past the anti-missile boats in the pacific.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck, if they launched a missile at somebody, It wouldn't make it past the anti-missile boats in the pacific.

Nice theory.
Course those missile systems have never been used in a real event before, so it remains a theory.
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 341