Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515281 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Crazy Russians, with their backwards, upside down, inside-out letters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Machinations Of Obscure Soviet Vehicles With Guardian G.I.[North Korea Thread]
« Reply #2821 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:38 am »

I hear rumor that Kim Jong has executed 3 of his doppelganger assasination decoy clones, for "trying to look like the glorious leader"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Machinations Of Obscure Soviet Vehicles With Guardian G.I.[North Korea Thread]
« Reply #2822 on: February 01, 2014, 05:28:30 am »

I hear rumor that Kim Jong has executed 3 of his doppelganger assasination decoy clones, for "trying to look like the glorious leader"

If it's true, soon he will start executing the military for trying to protect the Glorious Leader who is, obviously, invincible.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 01, 2014, 11:19:36 am »

Blame Saints Cyril and Methodius, their Bulgarian followers and Greek missionaries sent to Kievan Rus for the creation and spread of those backwards, upside down, inside-out letters to 'crazy' Russians.
Also, be glad that the Glagolitic script didn't become widespread and was replaced by simpler Greek-derived Cyrillic script. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:25:48 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 01, 2014, 11:38:48 am »

Blame Saints Cyril and Methodius, their Bulgarian followers and Greek missionaries sent to Kievan Rus for the creation and spread of those backwards, upside down, inside-out letters to 'crazy' Russians.
Also, be glad that the Glagolitic script didn't become widespread and was replaced by simpler Greek-derived Cyrillic script.

Freud would have a field day with Glagolitic script.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 01, 2014, 12:40:17 pm »

If it's true, soon he will start executing the military for trying to protect the Glorious Leader who is, obviously, invincible.
For some reason I thought "Problem solved." when I read that.

The main problem with using nukes to conquer territory is the same reason why people don't use chemical weapons en masse to do so.

Both those weapons render the territory gained useless.
Chemical weaponry less than nukes. Poison gas just kills everyone/everything, nukes have tendency to destroy infrastructure as well.
I thought that the reasons you don't normally use chemical weapons, international treaties aside, was because they're: hard to control once you release them(ie wind may shift), tend to hit unintended targets(civilian village instead of enemy army due to aforementioned wind shift), and that most military force you would use them against that you couldn't defeat with conventional weapons would likely be equipped with some form of protection against them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 01, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »

You have those reasons, along with an extra reason for when its disease spreading.

((Apparently they have slightly too-short-to-work-in-the-best-way lifespans))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 01, 2014, 02:56:44 pm »

Chemical =/= biological weaponry.

And yeah, the wind is problematic. Protection no that much, as your average gasmask won't bother most poison gasses that much.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 01, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »

Pfffttt. Biology is just applied chemistry.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 01, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »

Pfffttt. Biology is just applied chemistry.

And Chemistry is just applied Physics. Therefore, a gun counts as biological warfare.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 01, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »

If you count the soldier behind it, sure, why not? But sociology and psychology want a word with you, and they don't look very happy...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 01, 2014, 04:13:13 pm »

Sociology is not a science, according to Tom Lehrer.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 01, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »

*Mathematics calmly whistles tunelessly, watching the references pour in.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 01, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »

*Quantum physics wonders what the hell he's supposed to be doing, and where the hell he left his Higgs Boson.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 01, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

* Engineering is giggling as he uses all these fighting idiots to create wondrous things.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 341