Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515088 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Nobody can ever doubt that Mao is the one true chairman now. I mean, that is the biggest chair. Take that, Lincoln.

Also, I've never quite realised just how star trek Mao looked before.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

You can be outraged at people aggressing women all right, but it seems that the outrage was a
massively blown out of proportion if we goes from 1000 criminals to 50-60 in a crowd.

I also wonder what's the "normal" rate of sexual harassment for such an event.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

https://youtu.be/nUesrMFLWWM

I can't get enough of watching NK news announcers. This one is bringing the news about the hydrogen bomb.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they straight up admitted it.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/05/462098403/north-korea-says-it-conducted-hydrogen-bomb-test

Why wouldn't they admit it? The whole point of having just a couple of nukes is to go "don't fuck with me man, I have a nuke!"

The idea that you'd secretly make a nuke then use it for some nefarious purposes is pure Hollywood B.S. Every state knows that the nuke would be traced back to them, then they'd be completely fucked. For example, Iran was provably making a nuke, but they cancelled the program in 2003. The reason was that the nuke was going to be a deterrent against Saddam invading them, and after the U.S. took out Saddam it was no longer needed.

Actually, the concept of a militarily hostile Iran in general is laughably "Hollywood". For example in a recent article about the Iran/Saudi diplomatic standoff the BBC published figures on both country's military spending. Saudi Arabia spends $56 billion and Iran spends $6.3 billion, which is about 1.5% of GDP compared to Saudi Arabia's 10% of GDP. Despite what they'd like you to believe, the available facts don't support the idea that Iran is planning any sort of military incursions outside their borders: they're simply not investing in what they'd need for such a plan. Pentagon reports basically state that the entire Iranian defense spending is allocated to a series of echelon defenses to stop invaders. Since the spending is already low and it's all designed to make the place hard to invade, they have basically zero investment in what is called "force projection", unlike e.g. the USA where the bulk of the spending is about projecting force around the world.

Iran generally sends diplomats rather than armies to push their interests. That's not saying I'm a fan of Iran, but the idea that they are, or are aiming to be, some sort of military superpower is just laughable when you realize their defense spending is 1% of America's spending and is low even when looked at as a percentage.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:52:46 am by Reelya »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/05/462098403/north-korea-says-it-conducted-hydrogen-bomb-test

Why wouldn't they admit it? The whole point of having just a couple of nukes is to go "don't fuck with me man, I have a nuke!"

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons!

Your head would look good at the end of a pole!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

There is something nice about the idea of nuking itself in self-defense.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mayor-of-cologne-says-women-should-have-code-of-conduct-to-prevent-future-assault-a6798186.html

This just gets better and better. Keep yourself at arm's length from strangers if you don't want to get groped, ladies. The mayor said so.

Mayor Reker also said a “better explanation” to asylum seekers was needed about the meaning of the annual carnivals.
Yes, asylum seekers, hello. Carnivals are not for rape and fondling, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:31:30 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The idea that you'd secretly make a nuke then use it for some nefarious purposes is pure Hollywood B.S. Every state knows that the nuke would be traced back to them, then they'd be completely fucked. For example, Iran was provably making a nuke, but they cancelled the program in 2003. The reason was that the nuke was going to be a deterrent against Saddam invading them, and after the U.S. took out Saddam it was no longer needed.

Actually, the concept of a militarily hostile Iran in general is laughably "Hollywood". For example in a recent article about the Iran/Saudi diplomatic standoff the BBC published figures on both country's military spending. Saudi Arabia spends $56 billion and Iran spends $6.3 billion, which is about 1.5% of GDP compared to Saudi Arabia's 10% of GDP. Despite what they'd like you to believe, the available facts don't support the idea that Iran is planning any sort of military incursions outside their borders: they're simply not investing in what they'd need for such a plan. Pentagon reports basically state that the entire Iranian defense spending is allocated to a series of echelon defenses to stop invaders. Since the spending is already low and it's all designed to make the place hard to invade, they have basically zero investment in what is called "force projection", unlike e.g. the USA where the bulk of the spending is about projecting force around the world.

Iran generally sends diplomats rather than armies to push their interests. That's not saying I'm a fan of Iran, but the idea that they are, or are aiming to be, some sort of military superpower is just laughable when you realize their defense spending is 1% of America's spending and is low even when looked at as a percentage.

They're certainly a local power, after Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. Looking at straight military spending as a portion of gdp ish pretty limited. Iran's been playing with running and equipping insurgents for near all of the Iraq War
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mayor-of-cologne-says-women-should-have-code-of-conduct-to-prevent-future-assault-a6798186.html

This just gets better and better. Keep yourself at arm's length from strangers if you don't want to get groped, ladies. The mayor said so.

Mayor Reker also said a “better explanation” to asylum seekers was needed about the meaning of the annual carnivals.
Yes, asylum seekers, hello. Carnivals are not for rape and fondling, thank you.
Sounds like asylum blaming m8

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35239347

"... One woman however said the looked like regular pickpockets"

dirty immigrant supporter
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm waiting for North Korea to announce they have the F-bomb, and they're not afraid to fucking use it, imperialist fucking fuckers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

So apparently they might be telling some porkies about it being a H-bomb. Tut tut.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Muikku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So apparently they might be telling some porkies about it being a H-bomb. Tut tut.
It seems the North Koreans themselves don't really know what to think about this, since they are using the standard placeholder response.
'North Koreans reacting to the news: "Developing a hydrogen bomb is inevitable"'

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

Giant Golden Statue of Mao Sitting in the Toilet?

PD: wait it gets better:
The statue is painted gold and mysteriously has a spare giant Mao head placed next to it.

The odd thing is... that doesn't even really look like Mao. I mean, compare and contrast

Remove the hair on the sides of the head and you can say it's a statue of Varys

the forehead is too short. i would guess the reason there's two heads is cuz they fucked up the first one
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 341