Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515061 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

So apparently they might be telling some porkies about it being a H-bomb. Tut tut.
'North Koreans reacting to the news: "Developing a hydrogen bomb is inevitable"'
North Koreans confirmed for dank meme. Do they also menace with spikes of glorious workers' paradise?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

The us say it's not an H bomb, others say it was too small, NK says it's 'Minaturised', and somewhere I read a theory they daisy chained a bunch of smaller bombs together like the uk did in the 50's.
Maybe they just found a second hand small MIRV warhead or suitcase nuke and let it off?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

The us say it's not an H bomb, others say it was too small, NK says it's 'Minaturised', and somewhere I read a theory they daisy chained a bunch of smaller bombs together like the uk did in the 50's.
Maybe they just found a second hand small MIRV warhead or suitcase nuke and let it off?
What, they searched between the sofa cushions and found it, among the pennies and old gum? :P

I'd be surprised if anyone could sell a nuclear weapon without it being tracked and uncovered.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

What, they searched between the sofa cushions and found it, among the pennies and old gum? :P

I'd be surprised if anyone could sell a nuclear weapon without it being tracked and uncovered.
The Soviets and US misplaced quite a few nuclear weapons, some of which we still don't know about to this day. More pertinently Israel's nuclear weapons development shows how it could be tracked but not uncovered until the people holding the information felt some reason to disclose the information themselves.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

they straight up admitted it.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/05/462098403/north-korea-says-it-conducted-hydrogen-bomb-test

Why wouldn't they admit it? The whole point of having just a couple of nukes is to go "don't fuck with me man, I have a nuke!"
Quote from: Dr. Strangelove
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't beat Kim's Nidoking. I get it down to half health, but then Kim starts testing nuclear weapons, and by the time it's down to red he's figured it out—and launched some at me. My entire team dies of radiation sickness; I have to grind another six Pokemon up to the sixties, and since my favourite Pokemon is Metapod, that's pretty hard.

So, yeah. Any tips?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't beat Kim's Nidoking. I get it down to half health, but then Kim starts testing nuclear weapons, and by the time it's down to red he's figured it out—and launched some at me. My entire team dies of radiation sickness; I have to grind another six Pokemon up to the sixties, and since my favourite Pokemon is Metapod, that's pretty hard.

So, yeah. Any tips?

Your favorite is the cocoon pokemon that does nothing? lol

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, people in Syria are starving. They have resorted to eating grass and leaves, ever since they ran out of cats. Children that aren't too weak from hunger to move at all, gather plants in between the minefields.

https://youtu.be/S587ncQR8ps
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:27:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sieges are always fucking terrible.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I feel the thread name's rather inappropriate now.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the subject of the siege, the Syrian government has agreed to allow UN aid into the city, but there's no timeline for when yet. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35255012

And about the migration crisis, what really strikes me the moderate view a year or two ago was border control and limited immigration, and mass deportations and razor wire were considered to be madness. The moderate view is now rapidly moving towards mass deportations and razor wire, and mass lynching is considered to merely be madness, instead of unthinkable. This could get out of hand.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:27:12 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And about the migration crisis, what really strikes me the moderate view a year or two ago was border control and limited immigration, and mass deportations and razor wire were considered to be madness. The moderate view is now rapidly moving towards mass deportations and razor wire, and mass lynching is considered to merely be madness, instead of unthinkable. This could get out of hand.

That's just on the Republican side, unless you mean Europe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I like how the whole dang mess from Euphrates to Danube has drifted from Yurop thread to Yurop thread, middle east thread to religion thread, immigration thread to terrorist thread and even north korea/yurop thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's kind of depressing to see news articles titled "What is a Hydrogen Bomb?"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's kind of depressing to see news articles titled "What is a Hydrogen Bomb?"
The world's first eco-friendly munition which converts people into water
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 341