Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515139 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Everything is USA fault, always blame USA, god dammit USA why did you kill the Romans
The USA is not the USA's fault, we have the British to blame for that
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Everything is USA fault, always blame USA, god dammit USA why did you kill the Romans
And French, don't forget French. They've supported their revolution, after all...
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Even if you can't blame the USA on the French, you CAN blame the Quebecois on the French, and that's just as bad. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The USA made Britain Great by making America's British B Team bankrupt the French

USA's fault again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

My country should just have never traded New Amsterdam (New York's original name, NY was founded by the Dutch)  for Surinam. It's the Dutch' fault.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

My country should just have never traded New Amsterdam (New York's original name, NY was founded by the Dutch)  for Surinam. It's the Dutch' fault.
Probably shouldn't have also fooled around with a guy called God's Executioner

YOU COULD'VE LISTENED TO CROMWELL

WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Danish to seize migrants valuables to pay for their stay in asylum centres

http://news.yahoo.com/danish-lawmakers-mull-proposal-refugees-cash-151149202.html
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Danish to seize migrants valuables to pay for their stay in asylum centres

http://news.yahoo.com/danish-lawmakers-mull-proposal-refugees-cash-151149202.html

That's actually been a thing for at least a month or two now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

I guess someone's gotta pay for all it, I suppose.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Heh, the Swiss canton of Zug has asked it's residents to pay their taxes as late as possible.
Current negative rates on bank savings actually make it unprofitable to have cash reserves for the government. They think this measure can save the canton 2.5 million euros.

They are now brainstorming if it is possible to fine people who pay their taxes early.

It's not the only country though to take measures to keep their national reserve as low as possible. Some of the Scandinavian countries are also trying to keep their cash reserves low, but Switzerland has the lowest negative rate, with the -0.75% rate set by the Swiss bank early 2015, to forcibly devaluate the Swiss franc. They don't want the franc to be worth much more than the euro, to prevent their companies from being unable to compete on the global market.
Up until recently, the banks had not dared to charge the negative rates for their really big customers, but now they no longer have a choice. The canton of Zug is one of those big customers now affected.

Private savings of the citizens of Switzerland are not affected yet by the negative rates, to prevent people from all paying their taxes early, against which there are no measures in place yet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Heh.  That's quite humorous.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So private Swiss bank accounts are safe? Good I don't want anybody touching my nazi gold XD
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

No, only private Swiss bank accounts owned by Swiss citizens.

I'm also not sure if I can regard this as quite humourous (even though my cynical half is sniggering). If this becomes a trend in the western world, we'll arrive at a situation where every state is completely at the mercy of investors (even moreso than they already are), since they won't even have any reserves anymore to deal with whatever situation.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:19:26 pm by martinuzz »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Stop paying your damn taxes you swein!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, only private Swiss bank accounts owned by Swiss citizens.

I'm also not sure if I can regard this as quite humourous (even though my cynical half is sniggering). If this becomes a trend in the western world, we'll arrive at a situation where every state is completely at the mercy of investors (even moreso than they already are), since they won't even have any reserves anymore to deal with whatever situation.

Haven't invented deficit spending yet?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 341