Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513861 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Assassins Claim Another Life For Capitalism [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4320 on: February 17, 2017, 11:22:07 pm »

Just in case you thought NK couldn't get any weirder. Though I have to say, assassinating relations who pose no particular threat to you via gameshow is a laudably modern approach.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: February 18, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »

China are not happy with North Korea right now.

They considered Kim Jong Nam under their protection for many years, so his assassination can be seen as an insult at the very least. They have now suspended all coal imports from North Korea for the rest of the year.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: February 18, 2017, 03:06:22 pm »

China are not happy with North Korea right now.

They considered Kim Jong Nam under their protection for many years, so his assassination can be seen as an insult at the very least. They have now suspended all coal imports from North Korea for the rest of the year.

Saying China is unhappy might be an understatement considering coal is one of Top Korea's main exports, that's gonna sting.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DPRK Tops The Charts Yet Again With Ya Boy Phattest Kim [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4324 on: February 21, 2017, 05:07:01 am »

But surely the most unfavourable country for half of America is "the other half of America"...

(Grrr...  Canada!  Why have they got to be so nice, by that percentage point..? If only I could bring myself to hate them for that, damnit!)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: February 21, 2017, 11:04:03 am »

What percent of the Palestinian Authority answers were affected by people not recognizing them as an actual country?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: February 21, 2017, 11:10:28 am »

What percent of the Palestinian Authority answers were affected by people not recognizing them as an actual country?

I thought the Palestinian Authority was the name of the government, not the country?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: February 22, 2017, 07:30:32 am »

The plot thickens. Malaysian police have confirmed that unknown people have tried to break into the morgue where Kim Jong-nam's body is stored.

And yeah, looks like China is pissed. I hope they get pissed enough to invade N-Korea and add it to the great one-China, for world stability's sake. Or at the very least for a bottle of sake.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4328 on: February 22, 2017, 09:19:30 am »

Truly Truly, Malaysia

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:07 am »

It certainly sounds like something out of some spy novel, possibly a Cold War era based one. Life is stranger than fiction, yo.

Meanwhile, the plot thickens, a NK diplomat at the NK embassy in Malaysia is wanted for questioning, along with an airline flight attendant. While at least four of the suspects are believed to have fled back to NK.

China is certainly pissed off all right. Also, sake is the Japanese rice wine, no idea what they call it in Korea.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: February 22, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »

Man, I like this title, but I also liked the old title. Truly this thread's glory exceeds its capacity to hold it all.

But surely the most unfavourable country for half of America is "the other half of America"...

(Grrr...  Canada!  Why have they got to be so nice, by that percentage point..? If only I could bring myself to hate them for that, damnit!)
Damned Americans! They ruined America!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: February 23, 2017, 08:37:49 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/world/asia/kim-jong-nam-vx-nerve-agent-.html?_r=0

so it was definitely 100% assassination. one does not die from a banned nerve agent chemical weapon naturally.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/world/asia/kim-jong-nam-vx-nerve-agent-.html?_r=0

so it was definitely 100% assassination. one does not die from a banned nerve agent chemical weapon naturally.

Now the question is, how did they get ahold of it? No idea whether NK would have the facilities to make it, but it does start to imply that they might be making chemical weapons alongside their nukes.

Best Korea apparently turns on China for being US's puppet...

I wonder at what point China will go '*bleep* it, you're on your own!'? Though I doubt that'll ever happen no matter how angry they get because they don't want a US friendly Korea with US troops stationed there, ever.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Meh, making chemical weapons is pretty easy. Making them with a decent chance of survival, slightly more so.

They're also not too useful against a prepared enemy though. Pretty much the only thing they're good for is use against civilians and technologically inferior adversaries, Churchill-style.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 341