Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513849 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Dissidents Sentenced To Worst Fate - Suburbia [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4440 on: April 16, 2017, 08:41:26 am »

A British secret agent surfed up to the NK beaches and planted an explosive in the midst of the valuable package...

Surfed? lol.

Though yeah, Kim Jong Un's ego did take a hit there. Unknown if they'll try another missile or do a nuke test.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: April 16, 2017, 09:24:18 pm »

NK wouldn't fall for that.
"Oh mister bond is here from the english press to cover the peoples glorious missile launch?" "Yes your surfboard got through baggage handling, be careful though, most beaches are closed because the missile launch is happening near the shore"
Waitaminute.gif
However Kim is a fan of Motorcross. [citation needed]
And would easily fall for Australian secret agent Mazza, and his sick tricks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: April 28, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »

The South Korean army reports that North Korea did another ballistic missile test this evening, despite Trump's warning not to.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: April 28, 2017, 05:17:43 pm »

Seeing reports that it broke up in twenty minutes and didn't make it anywhere.

Also seeing mean comments about the Glorious Leader's ability to get things up.
https://twitter.com/LMartinezABC/status/858081052321079296
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: April 28, 2017, 05:23:30 pm »

I wonder what the trajectory of that was.

And, did anybody think Kim Jong Un would actually heed Trumps warnings? :P

Trump said yesterday that we might, might, go to war with NK but he doesn't want to, or would try not to. So, it's like he is unknowingly escalating the rhetoric (how do you think NK would view that?) while trying to say to Americans "I'm just warning you guys, we may end up in a renewed war with NK*. So.... just giving a heads up."

Also, I think Trump may have boxed himself in a bit, he'll have to respond somehow or otherwise look weak, and he's all about The Big Stick.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:25:09 pm by smjjames »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: April 29, 2017, 03:03:54 am »

I wonder what the trajectory of that was.

And, did anybody think Kim Jong Un would actually heed Trumps warnings? :P

Trump said yesterday that we might, might, go to war with NK but he doesn't want to, or would try not to. So, it's like he is unknowingly escalating the rhetoric (how do you think NK would view that?) while trying to say to Americans "I'm just warning you guys, we may end up in a renewed war with NK*. So.... just giving a heads up."

Also, I think Trump may have boxed himself in a bit, he'll have to respond somehow or otherwise look weak, and he's all about The Big Stick.

As much as Obama was about The Red Line?

Don't get me wrong, Trump and Obama are fundamentally different in terms of personality, but Obama was never able to do things about Syria because the general public just didn't care, and to do it with executive power would invite public backlash over perceived overreach. Admittedly North Korea is a hundred times more openly antagonistic to the US than the Syrian government, but the calculus doesn't differ. Trump could order military strikes, but that would merely solidify domestic opposition against him further if not backed up by a substantial propaganda campaign. I would say it's more likely that the situation between NK and the US remains a war of words and the occasional missile test.

Although North Korea probably wouldn't dare to pull off things like the Cheonan sinking under Trump.

United Forenia Forever!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 05, 2017, 08:20:59 am »

Kim Jong-Un gets the stomach flu, accuses the US and South Korea of plotting to assassinate him. Okay, the stomach flu thing is completely speculative (or FAKE NEWS if you want to label it that :P ), but the accusation is real. It's also pretty detailed for your typical North Korean wild accusation.

What the heck is a 'nano poisonous substance' anyway? Something toxic in tiny amounts?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:23:25 am by smjjames »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 05, 2017, 10:21:02 am »

What the heck is a 'nano poisonous substance' anyway? Something toxic in tiny amounts?

Obviously the CIA employs homeopathy to poison people.

Edit: Also, I honestly can't tell how serious NK is. I mean yes, they're making an accusation, but is it for publicity or is it because Kim Jong Un actually believes that there was an assassination attempt?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 05, 2017, 10:27:10 am »

Because divine leaders does not simply get sick for no reason.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 05, 2017, 01:33:57 pm »

I assume he meant something that could poison you with a few hundred micrograms dosage.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 05, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »

I see two issues with that. Dimethylmercury is, as far as I can tell, similar in appearance and behavior to the metallic liquid of elemental mercury. Pouring that in someone's food or drink is going to be very noticeable. Allegedly elemental mercury has no taste or smell, obviously nobody has tested dimethylmercury.

But perhaps more of an issue is that, going from the famous case study, it takes several months of degeneration to kill the target. A mentally deteriorating Kim-Jong Un who probably knows he's going to die is not a safe thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: May 05, 2017, 05:20:15 pm »

Even then I have no idea what sort of poisons would ensure a 50% success rate because I've been more focused on unified field theory.
Anything that has an LD50...  :P

If it were the CIA, I'd imagine they could try getting together some polonium (replicate the isotopic ratios that pointed to the Russians, if they want to really mess with people's heads, albeit whilst fuelling the counter-conspiricists around Litvinenko), although they could always use Americium. (Talk to David Hahn about getting the material. Then talk to Harold McCluskey about its effectiveness.  Or don't, as he died. Eleven years after he got exposed to the stuff. Of a common-or-garden coronary.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: May 05, 2017, 05:50:26 pm »

Honestly though, if you were really going to assassinate Kim-Jong Un, at this point you kind of have to spray him with VX.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: May 06, 2017, 12:04:10 am »

it seems more in trump's nature to use a nuke, tbh

or a moab.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: May 06, 2017, 02:03:44 am »

Assassination via W-54 backpack nuke?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 341