Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513908 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: A valid discussion topic [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4680 on: September 17, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »

Apparently it mostly exists to be a census and to catch the really unwise dissidents.
Based on the poster, I'm curious if it's not also intended as a sort of teambuilding/affirming exercise, sort of akin to American schoolchildren reciting the pledge of allegiance.

Regarding Twitter, do we know anything about upper-echelon NK internet access? It feels bizarre to think they wouldn't have and routinely use it, but it's a bizarre place.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: September 17, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: September 17, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »

A few years ago, I recall there having been much made of surreptitious tapping into SK telecom clusters near the border (by,  presumably, SK-resident collaborators) but these days there's apparently a limited-accessibility official connectivity, maybe through Taiwan.

It seems to be made available for high-ranking officials (which would include Supreme Leader), the cybercrimes cadre (esp. those gaining foreign currency through automated game-grinding and out-of-game object selling) and foreigners like journalists (one assumes that this is monitored to the max). There's some very limited official national use made of the connection, though, with serious examinations of the NK infrastructure showing very few official IPs and hardly any on-shore web presence. Most NKians wouldn't even be aware of the Internet, given the population psychological and educational lock-down. Probably most who do shouldn't know about it, but will know of it only as rumour anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4683 on: September 21, 2017, 06:07:44 pm »

Spoiler: this day in history (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: September 21, 2017, 06:22:16 pm »

He isn't even displaying the flag emblem. And are those dress pants?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: September 22, 2017, 02:12:07 am »

Kim Young One responded to Trump's speech at the UNGA.
He called the speech "the most insulting declaration of war in history", and promised that the US "will pay the greatest price for the speech of a mentally retarded president".
"He is unfit to be a president, a villain, a gangster that likes playing with fire, most certainly not a president. A scared dog barks louder than Trump", Kim said.

Meanwhile the NK minister of foreign affairs says that NK will possibly respond to the declaration of war by testing a hydrogen bomb "like never seen before" over the Pacific Ocean.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:39:27 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: September 22, 2017, 02:32:54 am »

How can it be a declaration of war when we're technically already still at war? Checkmate, atheists.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:55 am »

How can it be a declaration of war when we're technically already still at war? Checkmate, almost everyone born after the Korean War.

Fixed that for you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: September 22, 2017, 09:16:21 am »

Kim Young One responded to Trump's speech at the UNGA.
He called the speech "the most insulting declaration of war in history", and promised that the US "will pay the greatest price for the speech of a mentally retarded president".
"He is unfit to be a president, a villain, a gangster that likes playing with fire, most certainly not a president. A scared dog barks louder than Trump", Kim said.

Meanwhile the NK minister of foreign affairs says that NK will possibly respond to the declaration of war by testing a hydrogen bomb "like never seen before" over the Pacific Ocean.

His response is very scary, but well written- I mean...
How can it be a declaration of war when we're technically already still at war? Checkmate, almost everyone born after the Korean War.

Fixed that for you.
Mostly along these lines. :-\

I'm unsure how the feeling of reading certain communication styles are for native speakers, but in how familiar we are here with how things are said...
His remarks which described the U.S. option through straightforward expression of his will have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last.
This is frightening ._.
But he is on point in describing how badly Trump spoke to an international audience.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:21:39 am by Tiruin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4689 on: September 22, 2017, 09:26:23 am »

burn the political heretic

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:15 am »

Oh hey, he finally called Trump a gangster. That's one of the less common ones, haven't seen it for a while. Now we just need the return of "headless tail".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: September 22, 2017, 02:11:50 pm »

His response is very scary, but well written- I mean...
This is still rather overblown and hypocritical, but much more coherent than I was expecting. "A scared dog barks louder" is hilarious coming from NK, but still a coherent analogy rather than calling a foreign leader names again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: September 22, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »

Donald the gangster and Kim the rocket man insulting each other is the most truthful thing to come out of either's mouths.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: September 22, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »

It is rather frighting that the leaders of 2 nuclear armed states have devolved into something that looks like 2 internet trolls insulting each other.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: September 22, 2017, 05:39:02 pm »

It is rather frighting that the leaders of 2 nuclear armed states have devolved into something that looks like 2 internet trolls insulting each other.

The way it's heading is that Russia and China are looking like the only sane ones with nukes these days. It's going to be a sad day when Putin is consider the moderate voice of reason in international nuclear standoffs.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 341