Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437108 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

-snip-

((Oh, this is going to be good.))
((PTSD?! That's quite a good reason. :P))

Feyri steps out and checks the pod for any damages. Ensure I'm properly clothed before addressing them.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Whole Squad
Don't assume too much, and keep your communications with the locals brief. We cannot pour our own authorities on people who serve one who is 'much greater than thou shalt ever be.'

Because they're curious. They're measuring us and our reputation even here.

Also, dress up, some of you. I haven't seen half of you in person like this. And that was meant in the best way possible.

Ask Steve. My action is later on.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Paracelsus' Sword AI
So our shuttle can be easily compromised like this, without warning its occupants of any external intrusion?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:38:37 pm by Tiruin »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I don't think we've been in stasis for 5 months. You probably mean it took us five months to get there as far as the people on that planet are concerned, which, due to time dilation isn't the same as five months for us, or are confusing the estimated time we'll be there with the time it took us to get there or something.))

(( 5 months objective. Slight cheating to get us a better record :P ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We are the 11th Regiment of the H.M.R.C. Conscripted Special Forces. I am High Commissioner May Elizas Roxine, taking charge of Diplomatic Relations for my posse. It is an honor to be greeted by those before me."

Introduce myself and the group. Give a cute little curtsey at the end.

Xan gets up, focusing on the most forward of the masked men.
Yes, we are here to protect the flesh puppet you call king.

Hearing Xan makes this statement, May follows it up with "Please forgive Rearguard Sergeant Xan Jujubutt over here. He's a fine soldier, but his wife and children have recently been captured by space pirates, and it is quite hard on his psyche. So attribute any negativity of his speech as haberdashery on account of his PTSD."
"Pay her no mind," Faith said quickly to the apparent leader. "As you may have guessed, many of us are quite eccentric. She's unusual even by our own standards, and holds no particular rank or purpose."

Countermay.

May overhears the counter argument and leans in closer to the masked men, whispering, "Don't listen to Team Chef and Bathroom Maintainer Faith Valentimos over there. She's been having delusions of grandeur ever since she lost her real human body a few missions ago. Poor thing, got sodomized by an Equestrian and all her internal organs were ruptured. She enjoyed it at least though, that's why her tribal name roughly translates into "Woman Who Spend Too Much Time With Horses."

Educate our hosts.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((I would put money on one of the team members trying to murder May at some point during this mission.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((I would put money on one of the team members trying to murder May at some point during this mission.))
((Considering one nearly did so before the mission...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles puts on his MkII suit and if he can, equips his weapon and ammunition.
"We are here for crowd control and psychological warfare purposes, correct? I can assure you that we are the "right" people for the job" Charles gestures towards May "I used to be a psychiatrist. In all my years of experiences, I have never seen anyone afflicted with such a severe mental disorder as she has, so please pardon her, well, psychotic ramblings."
Formerly ingrained procedure resurfaced instinctively into Charles. Charles tries to make a good first impression.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Cecil climbs into his standard-issue suit, hoping that this would go along alright.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((If anything does go down, just hope the perpetrator gets rid of the brain, else we'll have May - Synthflesh-style soon after.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((If anything does go down, just hope the perpetrator gets rid of the brain, else we'll have May - Synthflesh-style soon after.))
((If - actually, when - I kill someones, I'm probably going to incinerate them.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Doesn't Stacy still have that garlic and pots and knifes from the sharkmist colony? If anyone should be called Team Chef it's him.

And I don't want to be the one to say I told you so, but I so told you so. This mission is going to be fun. Many of the characters in this mission can only think as far as who or what they are going to screw (both metaphorical meanings) next turn.

You think you can kill that God-king and set up May as the new monarch? I'm sure she will make the most fun mandates...))

((Edit: Also, with the lack of a definite leader for this mission, it's a good opportunity for people to have character development and assume leadership over the group. I'm hoping it's either Faith or Feyri, since they are both seniors, not crazy and both seem too... shy? afraid? I don't know the correct English word for this... Anyway, they seem unwilling to assume leadership and issue orders.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:04:26 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Only one?))

((I'd actually like to see how she customizes her new body.
Actually, no I don't.))

May overhears the counter argument and leans in closer to the masked men, whispering, "Don't listen to Team Chef and Bathroom Maintainer Faith Valentimos over there. She's been having delusions of grandeur ever since she lost her real human body a few missions ago. Poor thing, got sodomized by an Equestrian and all her internal organs were ruptured. She enjoyed it at least though, that's why her tribal name roughly translates into "Woman Who Spend Too Much Time With Horses."

Educate our hosts.
"No she's not! Miss Feyri is really nice and...um...Miss Feyri, what does 'saw-demise' mean?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's, er, *sigh* let's just say that it's an allegory to a certain religious text and end it at that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Oh. Which one?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not too sure myself, it was definitely an ancient text, it had something to do with smiting and may have mentioned cannibalism as well. Something about eating flesh and drinking blood. But then again, the planet I lived on didn't really value history that much so I could be wrong."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GWG: May was talking about Faith (not Feyri), in case that mistake was as OOC as it was IC.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 243