Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437001 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May scoots towards the masked men, away from her group. "Now you can either listen to these people, who frequent discussions like this, or you can trust me with keeping my Regiment in line."

Give our hosts their options.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Heh, though process ;P))

Feyri relaxed her grip, and remembered that Stacy from the mission she was on.

"Right, and you believe that applies to a general notion. There is a reason why principles are held towards people; either by their own notion or by their belief. There is also a reason why laws are enacted, and debates are held in internalizing what you call your thought process."

She then released her grip and looked him in the eye.

"You know, I'm getting where you're coming from here. What you've said a long time ago on that mission we went on. However I'd like you to ponder on this and tell me the answer later, after we get out of this shuttle.

"You say these new ideas are fun, much better than the antiquated notions, aye? Why were those notions held and considered so long as true and accepted facts, when people follow based on experience? Yeah, we get our knowledge from our parents and/or our surroundings, but where did they get theirs?

Ugh..I knew it.
Feyri waited a moment before sighing speaking in a calm whisper.

"Stacy, I like you, don't get me wrong. Just..please don't shift Grate's viewpoint. I understand what you're trying to do, and it's ok with me. But people have their own perceptions of life, and I'd like you to respect it without questioning theirs, as much as we aren't questioning yours. Please?"

Before emphasizing her point, she glanced at May and quipped in a whisper.

"Unless you'd like to follow May, that is. Regardless, I'd like to ask why you're questioning all this."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:16:13 pm by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Whispered conversation with Dancing Man
Breathe out slowly, relax somewhat into the corner, and look down and slightly to my right.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"What's sodomy and why do you keep talking about it?"

May scoots towards the masked men, away from her group. "Now you can either listen to these people, who frequent discussions like this, or you can trust me with keeping my Regiment in line."
Give our hosts their options.
"I don't think you'd be very good. When I saw you you were always getting naked and rubbing yourself over other people. Why did you do that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Xan interrupts all the talking going on with an exceedingly flat voice, walking to within a foot of the talking fleshlings.
You all talk too much. Now shall we interact with the other fleshlings before I am forced to compromise your integrity?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Miss Feyri, what's a fleshling? Is it like a saproling? Or an Imperial ling?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Well, you've completely defused the awkwardness of coming out of the pods naked in front of these people.

Of course, that whole relative merits of sodomy versus cannibalism thing might set them off a bit.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Stacy, I like you, don't get me wrong. Just..please don't shift Grate's viewpoint. I understand what you're trying to do, and it's ok with me. But people have their own perceptions of life, and I'd like you to respect it without questioning theirs, as much as we aren't questioning yours. Please?"

"Eh, the kid'll be fine. If a viewpoint can be swayed that easily, it isn't a very strong viewpoint to begin with and deserves questioning. Besides, he's probably secretly a robot, anyway."

"What's sodomy and why do you keep talking about it?"

"People love talking about sodomy for some reason, Grate. I'm not entirely sure why. Probably because the word rolls off the tongue nicely. Ask Miss Feyri, she'll give further details."

Xan interrupts all the talking going on with an exceedingly flat voice, walking to within a foot of the talking fleshlings.
You all talk too much. Now shall we interact with the other fleshlings before I am forced to compromise your integrity?

"Well said, strange man. Let's do so."

Stacy then goes quiet as he shifts along the room in a waltz-like motion, making sure to remember to ask his question.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((..How does Xantalos look like O_o))

"The newbie is talking about us, Grate. It's a compliment, really. I believe he's noting our lack of indecency.

"And I agree, manling. Why don't you start talking to them and we shall follow suit? You don't seem to be caught up in the same trivialities we are in. Hollow threats won't matter much."

PPE: Toaster.

Yes it is off.

PPE: Harry. Gahhhh...

Feyri looked at Grate now that the dancing man has gone away.

"It's just something he likes to say because it rolls of his tongue nicely. Anyway, let's see what the rest would ask, shall we?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hairless medium height guy with no genitals.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...I won't ask. He's not a robot? Where's his sheet?

Because that can define..anything really. How does he look like? XD))

ACTION: Observe the masked men. Check for minute mannerisms that may express their caste, intention, rank..anything, really. Then examine the area outside the shuttle, and if anything from the shuttle has been damaged.

Examine Grate. Examine Lyra. Examine Stacy. Examine May. All in chronological order. Examine that robot; do I know if it's Faith?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...I won't ask. He's not a robot? Where's his sheet?

Because that can define..anything really. How does he look like? XD))
((I really didn't define him that well. Not a robot, though that will probably become his state of being. Imagine what Keanu Reeves looked like in the Matrix when he first woke up in the tube, but without the puncture marks and with no genetalia.
No idea where his sheet is.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Examine Lyra
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not too sure myself, it was definitely an ancient text, it had something to do with smiting and may have mentioned cannibalism as well. Something about eating flesh and drinking blood. But then again, the planet I lived on didn't really value history that much so I could be wrong."
"Miss Feyri's not a cannibal, either!"
"What? I never said anything about Feyri being a cannibal. I just said that the book mentioned something about cannibalism though it may have been metaphorical. Can't really tell for sure since the text was quite ancient, anyway the bit about cannibalism and the bit about sodomy were on opposite ends of the book so I doubt that the latter implies the former."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:19:45 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That religion is really weird. Why would anyone follow it?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 243