Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437079 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"To be honest, I don't think we're going to get too much information. Probably the obvious in general resentment level, perhaps the locals being more or less bold with different squad makeups. I suspect we're just going to have some people who are more observant or diplomatic than others, and that will end up being the primary difference."

Faith glanced at Lyra and Grate.

"Theoretically we could have those two on increased gate duty, but I'm not sure if they're actually reliable."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Close my eyes and take several slow, deep breaths. then, eyes still shut, say:
"I... will."
Exhale.
Inhale.
Squint my still shut eyes, Exhale.
Inhale.
"I will be ok."
open my eyes and look up at Feyri, then over to Faith, then back to Feyri. Make and hold eye contact with Feyri, as my right arm vibrates ever so slightly, hands tightly clasped behind my back.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"To be honest, I don't think we're going to get too much information. Probably the obvious in general resentment level, perhaps the locals being more or less bold with different squad makeups. I suspect we're just going to have some people who are more observant or diplomatic than others, and that will end up being the primary difference."

Faith glanced at Lyra and Grate.

"Theoretically we could have those two on increased gate duty, but I'm not sure if they're actually reliable."
"'Perhaps.'

"We won't know until we try, and I'd really love to be in one mission where peace is attainable.

"For once.

"Also, those two are on this mission. That's enough proof of them being reliable."

Feyri switched to a personal channel with Faith.

"Look at Lyra, her faceplate is down, and she's having trouble with communication-yet she's doing swell. I don't remember you being this skeptic about things..what's up? "

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Oh dear, how unfortunate. Silly old butterfingers at work again."

Try to fix the mechanism.
You're pretty sure you're gonna need to find a replacement, because you pulverized the damn thing into dust. It's kinda impressive, actually.

((Meanwhile, the servant flees in fear.))
((And rightly so.))

"I have medical training, but brought no supplies. I am also likely one of the more intimidating and survivable members of this team.

Would you prefer I patrol or not?"

Berserker synthflesh Faith: Squishy Medic?
"Supplies can be provided. And yes, I would prefer you stay on guard here. Better that someone of your capacities remains here, should the compound need to be defended. The patrols are mainly to remind them that you exist; the uniforms and weapons should be more then enough to frighten them."

He tilts his head and smiles.

"That, and having a great white demon standing on the steps to the palace may give them pause for thought about trying to overthrow this temple to the Shining One."

((Meanwhile, the servant flees in fear.))
((And rightly so.))

"I have medical training, but brought no supplies. I am also likely one of the more intimidating and survivable members of this team.

Would you prefer I patrol or not?"

Berserker synthflesh Faith: Squishy Medic?

"I can medic too, and I have some supplies. But I also have amps that would fit more into the duty with going into the town and all."

"I believe it is combat duty that would suit one such as you." he says, the tone of his voice inscrutable.

Grate looks up towards Feyri.

"Miss Feyri, how will we arrange the patrols?"
"Seek and divide."

Feyri looked at the rest, seeing that most of them had their faceplates still up and wondered what their expressions were. She had no faceplate before the visor.

"We're approximately a whole squad in number. Ten people. I'm thinking two patrols of four, with two reliable communicators in the Palace. For protection of course.

The patrols would be made of a signaller, a pointman, and two observers. One will handle the communications, one will be the strong arm, and the other two can fulfill any other role that would be needed, preferably in medicare or relating with the populace. Our best weapon at the moment is knowledge, and not the incessant killing of people who you don't know."
She glanced at Xan's direction briefly, before looking back at the general audience. For some of us.

"However I'd like our best medical personnel to stay in the Palace along with a trained guard...Though we could split up into three groups of four, three and three.

"Any opinions?"

"Miss Feyri, can I stay in the palace, then?"
"You stay here with others who I believe would help in getting information from the higher ups. However I'd like to hear the rest's opinion on this matter."

"The belief holds that our caste is in color--with the high emphasis on nudity...which explains the emphasis on only pants; something I'd like someone to correct--and that we'd need someone who knows his or her way around technology. A hacker, just in case anything with communication goes wrong."

Inquire and wait for team response. Also, ask the messenger who is standing right there:
"Why do we need to leave medical personnel in the Palace anyway? Do you require aid in the infirmaries here? Next, what schedules exist which dictate the time?

"Could we request each and every one of us to be updated with your system of measurement, including time? Thanks. And perhaps local jargon. What castes are commonly seen in the local populace? How do we relate to them in rank and authority?"

"Medical personnel is for your benefit. We cannot guarantee that our doctors will know how to handle your particular...enhancements. Having your own doctors around will ensure that you have access to medical care, should our systems fail. "

"This world follows a 16 hour day, though only three of those are dark now, during the summer. Our week is 10 days. Many will work through one day and then sleep through the the better part of the next. Shift work is almost ubiquitous and odds very rarely meet evens. "

"The local populace below are mostly tradesman and unskilled workers. They have subcastes among themselves, generally based upon income, but to you they are all browns."

Also, are you asking the guy to tell you every single standard of measurement you might run into on the planet? And every slang word? Because you can generally assume metric is semi-universal.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

After weaving through his teammates for a few moments to diagnose the degree of repairs needed, Stacy decides that it's hopeless. So he walks like an Egyptian over to the gardener's shack to look for a replacement sprayer.

Discreetly head to the gardener's shack (I should know the way, having been there once, right?), request replacement spraying mechanism (point at pulverized one) or perhaps even a replacement sprayer. If I get it, head back to team after handing the helpful gardener a bottle of Xeno Spit. If I don't, ask why not.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

The patrols are mainly to remind them that you exist; the uniforms and weapons should be more then enough to frighten them."
((He's assuring of us this suspiciously much; we're probably going to get in a lot of fights.))

"Medical personnel is for your benefit. We cannot guarantee that our doctors will know how to handle your particular...enhancements. Having your own doctors around will ensure that you have access to medical care, should our systems fail."
((Their system is going to fail. It might have failed already, but probably not.))

"Um...Miss Feyri, should we set up patrol schedules? I'd suggest breaking the day into four portions of four hours each, and having us each patrol two and rest two. Unless we want to go simple and have a Day Shift and a Night Shift, but the four-piece schedule has the advantage that we could more easily set up overlapping patrols, guaranteeing constant coverage."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, if you're providing us supplies, then as a person with medical training I guess that makes me a fully functioning medic. for some definition of functioning... So I'll volunteer for guard duty. If I can keep it from running into things, my scout eye should make it easier for us at the gate to see things coming between patrols."

"How long do we expect the patrols to take? We should probably plan our guard rotation around that, unless we want to have a more unpredictable schedules."

Ask the messenger to bring us available medical supplies. Also ask about how long he expects a city patrol to take, just based on the size of the city.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

After weaving through his teammates for a few moments to diagnose the degree of repairs needed, Stacy decides that it's hopeless. So he walks like an Egyptian over to the gardener's shack to look for a replacement sprayer.

Discreetly head to the gardener's shack (I should know the way, having been there once, right?), request replacement spraying mechanism (point at pulverized one) or perhaps even a replacement sprayer. If I get it, head back to team after handing the helpful gardener a bottle of Xeno Spit. If I don't, ask why not.

[dex:3]
You attempt to sneak away, glancing over at the messenger as you near the door. As you look over, his gaze meets with yours. He smiles. You smile back. He just keeps staring until you slink back into the rest of the group.

"Well, if you're providing us supplies, then as a person with medical training I guess that makes me a fully functioning medic. for some definition of functioning... So I'll volunteer for guard duty. If I can keep it from running into things, my scout eye should make it easier for us at the gate to see things coming between patrols."

"How long do we expect the patrols to take? We should probably plan our guard rotation around that, unless we want to have a more unpredictable schedules."

Ask the messenger to bring us available medical supplies. Also ask about how long he expects a city patrol to take, just based on the size of the city.

"I can't very well bring the infirmary to you, can I? I can direct you to it though, and you can take what you need. As per your patrol, you need not patrol the whole township; we have other groups patrolling as well. You'll be in charge of the market district near the palace gate. It's a relatively small area, but tightly packed. A good patrol, covering it completely a few times, will take around 10 hours."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Where did everyone go?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((Xan's got nothing to say; I dunno about everyone else.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Stacy whirls around as he waits for somebody to say something. Anybody. Anything. The silence becomes deafening.

"Excuse me, dear messenger, but I had a question - in relation to us, do lower castes have any inalienable rights like their right to life, the right to live unimpeded in a caste system and the right to pursue their happiness within the confines of said caste system, or maybe some other rights we can't trample over in our ever-demanding quest for justice? Or are they legally required to submit to us, no matter what we want to do with them?"

"Also, do you know of any openly rebellious and heretical members of the higher castes? I know, seems unlikely, but you never know, really. If we come across one that's agitating the people and whatnot, how are we allowed to deal with him or her?"

"Finally, may I be excused to retrieve another chemical sprayer right quick? I'm afraid I broke the one I got - silly mistake on my part. I can keep in radio contact with the team while I do this, you know, I probably won't miss a thing."

Ask these things, hopefully receive answers. If excused by messenger, head on over to gardener's shack and obtain chemical sprayer in previously outlined manner.

Like so.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Continue standing to one side of the conversation, and wait for anything to be said that I need to respond too.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Blargh sorry. Dying to work here x_x))

"Um...Miss Feyri, should we set up patrol schedules? I'd suggest breaking the day into four portions of four hours each, and having us each patrol two and rest two. Unless we want to go simple and have a Day Shift and a Night Shift, but the four-piece schedule has the advantage that we could more easily set up overlapping patrols, guaranteeing constant coverage."
"Good question Grate. And good suggestion. Since these times are very different from what I've been experienced with, what say everyone on taking this sort of schedule?

"For those medics left behind in the Palace, since these people don't know how to 'treat' us--probably meaning every other foreign soldier here--I'd like you to try to teach them how. Basic medical law, anyway."

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Stacy
Chemical Sprayer? What for?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Blargh sorry. Dying to work here x_x))
((RL>B12))

"Good question Grate. And good suggestion. Since these times are very different from what I've been experienced with, what say everyone on taking this sort of schedule?
Grate smiles and blushes a bit.
Sig

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( My guess would be '4th of July weekend', or something like that. Possibly combined with a lack of urgency about us, and other RL factors. Go RL! ))

Alright, could you let me know where the infirmary is? I'd like to go get some basic supplies, and see if there's anything of ours your doctors really can't handle. Other than the prosthetics and the synflesh.

Actually, any chance we could get a map of the area?

Inquire within, then head over to the infirmary to check the supplies there.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 243