Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437127 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Wait, is the sprayer full from just one bottle? I've got a full case of Xeno Spit, as I remember.))

Stacy dances a gentle waltz with his Xeno Spit-laden chemical sprayer toward one particular servant girl.

"Hello, dear servant girl. I need to test a version of perfume I've been developing for quite a while. Would you mind participating in a scent test? I'm going to need you to inhale. Deeply."

Find servant girl. Ask. If she agrees, spray her in the face with Xeno Spit, making sure my faceplate is down in the process. Hopefully xenobiological enzymes are just as effective when inhaled as when ingested. After all, that works with alcohol. If she doesn't agree, spray her in the face with it anyway. Observe effectiveness compared to ingestion. After test, dance down to wherever all the other HMRC guys and gals are heading.

Consider it full for now, one way or another. Maybe a few bottles worth to fill it. Really, with a case, as long as you have access to it you can probably keep refilling that indefinitely.

[con:2-1]
You attempt to spray the girl but accidentally crush the spraying mechanism in your hand, breaking it completely.

((Is the fire all the way out?))
Yes.

Follow Feyri
You hold on to feyri's suit and follow along behind her.

Ok, is there any reason you're asking her the same thing again? I mean, she just told you why she's not wearing a shirt.
((I was unclear XD))

"On the shirt note..that wasn't what you knew in the HMRC caste? We wear shirts here. I'm wondering why that wasn't given as a note."

Clarify. Then the below.

"Though I'd want to explore the area soon enough. Do you know any nearby significant places we could go to while waiting for noon?"

Chat and head outside with Shai, Lyra and probably Grate and his servant. Examine area.
"They said that nudity was common. We were ordered to dress in a way that reflected that. And you should just head down stairs and meet with the messenger, if you intend to do nothing but wander around till noon."

You walk down stairs and are going to leave when the messenger steps in front of you.

"Ah, there you are. Now we just have to wait for the others."

Well that was certainly an experience.

Head downstairs.
Go downstairs.
Downstairs.
Head downstairs.
((Since no one has yet answered:))
((Is the fire all the way out?))
((And almost everyone else has posted actions, I'll do a conditional.))

IFF the fire is out, do the actions in the "Yes" spoiler. IFF they are not, do the actions in the "No" spoiler.
Spoiler: Yes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: No (click to show/hide)
Charles follows the rest of the group outside.
Everyone heads down stairs, joining Feyri where she's standing around with the messenger.

Put the scout eye down on it's legs. Attempt to move it very slightly with the remote, to see if it will use the legs automatically when uncovered.

If it does use the legs, play around with it to see how fast it moves on them.

If downstairs == briefing, pack up and move downstairs at the conclusion of the test.

Simply uncovering the legs doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe there's something else you have to do...

You head inside anyways.

"Well, now that everyone is here, let me tell you what your duties are. You will be patrolling two areas, the main entrance to this level of the palace and also within the township below."

He pauses and looks around the group for a moment before continuing.

"The patrol within the township is once a day, but the guard at the gate should be maintained continuously; at least two of you should be there at all times. As per the township patrol, I'd recommend at least three, for the sake of safety. More, if you think it wise.

For the most part these patrols are for the sake appearances, as well as to keep an eye on the populace. Try to avoid conflict if you can, but do not be afraid to use force if necessary. How you arrange your shifts is up to you, I ask only that you convey any information about what you see up the chain of command and eventually back to myself."

He looks as though he's finished, but remembrance flickers across his face just before he closes his mouth.

"Oh, and you should keep anyone with medical skills on guard here, rather then on patrol. It would be best if they don't put themselves in danger."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Grate looks up towards Feyri.

"Miss Feyri, how will we arrange the patrols?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Oh dear, how unfortunate. Silly old butterfingers at work again."

Try to fix the mechanism.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Meanwhile, the servant flees in fear.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((And rightly so.))

"I have medical training, but brought no supplies. I am also likely one of the more intimidating and survivable members of this team.

Would you prefer I patrol or not?"

Berserker synthflesh Faith: Squishy Medic?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And rightly so.))

"I have medical training, but brought no supplies. I am also likely one of the more intimidating and survivable members of this team.

Would you prefer I patrol or not?"

Berserker synthflesh Faith: Squishy Medic?

"I can medic too, and I have some supplies. But I also have amps that would fit more into the duty with going into the town and all."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I have meager supplies and would likely kill my patients. I believe I should proceed to the town.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Miss Feyri, can I stay in the palace, then?"
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Grate looks up towards Feyri.

"Miss Feyri, how will we arrange the patrols?"
"Seek and divide."

Feyri looked at the rest, seeing that most of them had their faceplates still up and wondered what their expressions were. She had no faceplate before the visor.

"We're approximately a whole squad in number. Ten people. I'm thinking two patrols of four, with two reliable communicators in the Palace. For protection of course.

The patrols would be made of a signaller, a pointman, and two observers. One will handle the communications, one will be the strong arm, and the other two can fulfill any other role that would be needed, preferably in medicare or relating with the populace. Our best weapon at the moment is knowledge, and not the incessant killing of people who you don't know."
She glanced at Xan's direction briefly, before looking back at the general audience. For some of us.

"However I'd like our best medical personnel to stay in the Palace along with a trained guard...Though we could split up into three groups of four, three and three.

"Any opinions?"

"Miss Feyri, can I stay in the palace, then?"
"You stay here with others who I believe would help in getting information from the higher ups. However I'd like to hear the rest's opinion on this matter."

"The belief holds that our caste is in color--with the high emphasis on nudity...which explains the emphasis on only pants; something I'd like someone to correct--and that we'd need someone who knows his or her way around technology. A hacker, just in case anything with communication goes wrong."

Inquire and wait for team response. Also, ask the messenger who is standing right there:
"Why do we need to leave medical personnel in the Palace anyway? Do you require aid in the infirmaries here? Next, what schedules exist which dictate the time?

"Could we request each and every one of us to be updated with your system of measurement, including time? Thanks. And perhaps local jargon. What castes are commonly seen in the local populace? How do we relate to them in rank and authority?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:11:11 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((You should probably check to see if "all times" means 24/7, or whatever passes for such on this particular godforsaken rock.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You should probably check to see if "all times" means 24/7, or whatever passes for such on this particular godforsaken rock.))
((So simple we all miss it. :P Tyvm!))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am reasonably confident that I can act in the capacity required to maintain communications. My rifle is able to relay the visual feed from its scope so I can act as a cameraman."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Feyri mentioned technology, Grate brightened up.

"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I'm good with technology! Pretty please?"
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I think you're taking this too seriously, Feyri.

Our job is to keep up appearances, and most of our squad has nothing but one weapon. Trying to specialize into strongmen and so on for the purposes of walking down the street seems pointless to me.

And as for squad makeup, we should rotate it out. We need two people on the gate at all times, so that's a fairly hefty shift right there.

Then we can just cycle people through the patrol. It might be good to get some variety in there, and let a lot of different people see the city. I'm not sure how large the patrols should be, maybe we should vary that also."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Right, too seriously. Hah. You're right Faith." Feyri said, smiling lightly at the thought. "However I'd like Grate protected, and probably those who have trouble speaking." She gestured at Lyra.

"But the diversity of those patrols was made in the idea of information. What's you thought on the matter?"
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 243