Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437060 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((I'm more worried about her comprehension of the local language. And how her personality will affect how she tries stuff. And the fact that she is insane by any definition.))
((Maybe you guys shouldn't have let the two most insane people on the team go out and give first impressions.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Grate was not involved in that decision.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I'm more worried about her comprehension of the local language. And how her personality will affect how she tries stuff. And the fact that she is insane by any definition.))
((Maybe you guys shouldn't have let the two most insane people on the team go out and give first impressions.))
((Work. x_x Will be b-))

"Miss Feyri? What should I be doing? When am I patrolling? Can I patrol with you? What happens if that mean guy sets things on fire again? What about these things?" (points to uniforms) "What are we supposed to be doing? Trying to find bank robbers and muggers and stuff? What do we do to them?"
Feyri blinked and looked at Grate as if seeing him for the first time. After a long day.

"N-not now Grate. I'm..thinking. About something..sorry. Faith may know the answer, over there."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

You're a Bureaucrat. Do Bureaucrat things to obstruct aid the party.

Like get authorization for going places and shit.

Or whatever needs getting through official channels.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay."

Go find Faith. If I find her:

"Miss Faith? When am I patrolling? Can I patrol with Miss Feyri? I trust her. What should I do now? What are we going to do about these weird things?" (points to uniforms) "What happens if that mean guy sets the city on fire? How did he set it on fire, anyways? Do you think the messenger is nice? What are we supposed to be doing here, finding bank robbers and muggers and rappersts and stuff? What do we do to them?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((No roll to follow Feyri? Cool.
Machine guns aren't that bad at melee range. Not compared to, say, rocket launchers or flamethrowers.))

Get Feyri's attention in some way that is not out-of-character, inappropriate, or embarrassing. Tugging on the leg of her garment or something like that.
"Miss Feyri? What should I be doing? When am I patrolling? Can I patrol with you? What happens if that mean guy sets things on fire again? What about these things?" (points to uniforms) "What are we supposed to be doing? Trying to find bank robbers and muggers and stuff? What do we do to them?"
You tug on Feyri's arm until she looks down at you.

Continue dutiful idling and moneymaker-shaking.
"Thats the way, UH HUH UH HUH, I Like it! UH HUH UH HUH!"

close my eyes and hold still for two seconds, then lean forward and hug Faith. continue to do so for five seconds, then let go, open my eyes, back up two steps, and nod once to her, then once to the messenger. then back up to the nearest wall and lean against it, eyes closed again, and slow my breathing back down. after I've finished calming down, Follow Faith

EDIT:
If I get a chance, try to sneak a peek at whatever Faith was given by the messenger while we walk.
It appears to be a phrase book and a map of a town with a route drawn on it with a red marker.

Head back to the common room, holding Lyra's hand if she seems to like that.

See what they've got in terms of video games.

You head back to the building and check out the arcade machines on the bottom level.

They've got turkey puncher, Xtreme Surgery with the brain surgery add on, Polybius- which seems to have a briefcase next to it for some reason- and several other classics. They're all pre-VR but still fun.

Guard the gate with Skylar. While guarding, think about the best ways to use my surroundings in my favor in case of an attack.

[int:4]
The gate is a good choke point, so staying near it will filter your opponents down to single file, or at least only a few at a time. Plus the gate itself is thick enough to prevent people from firing through it. Plus, if all else fails, you can close the gate and buy time.

Walk up to the closest person.

*ahem*
DONDE ESTA EL MERCADO, SEŅOR(ITA)?

You walk up to the nearest person, a man climbing the stone stairs leading down to the township, and shout at him in Spanish. He just sort of stares at you and nervously looks around while shifting the satchel he's carrying from one shoulder to the other.

(( totally something I would have done, PW XD))

... Derp... You seem to have this in hand, Charles. Bring it down to the gate if the owner won't let you put it in there.

Wipe off the grass stain, then head through the gate and stand guard on the outside, again observing for patterns

You walk out through the gate and take a seat on one of the stone stairs that wind down the hillside to the township below. The current pattern you see is that A. the palace gets some foot traffic but not a whole lot; with one person or group every couple of minutes and B. Your team is attempting to start a spicy international incident already.

"Okay, I'll radio you if I set it up."
Charles knocks on the door of the house in front of him and waits for a response.
The man who comes to the door is wearing an apron and is covered in flour from the elbows down, with some blotches of extra flour scattered about on his face and upper arms.

"Yes?" He asks, his accent is thick he seems to speak the language well enough.

Locate Market with instinct.
[Intuition:1-1]
[con:6+1]
May whips out her revolver, spins the chamber with a flourish, flips the gun around like a wildwest show off and then puts two bullets into the man that Xan is talking to; One in the heart and one in the brain. She then proceeds to put the gun in the man's own hand, carefully fitting the fingers so that it looks like he was holding it. She takes a step back, sucks in a deep breath and starts screaming.

"OH MY GOD HE'S KILLED HIMSELF! OH MY GOD WHY! HE HAD SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR! HIS DIRT FARM AND HIS LOVEY WIFE, GOATY!"

You're a Bureaucrat. Do Bureaucrat things to obstruct aid the party.

Like get authorization for going places and shit.

Or whatever needs getting through official channels.

Considering the gunshot and screaming you just heard, probably gonna need a death certificate, an official apology note, a forged pardon from the governor, and, possibly, a good PR man and an advisory job at a right wing news agency.

You start looking for pen and paper to draw up the necessary paperwork in triplicate.

"Okay."

Go find Faith. If I find her:

"Miss Faith? When am I patrolling? Can I patrol with Miss Feyri? I trust her. What should I do now? What are we going to do about these weird things?" (points to uniforms) "What happens if that mean guy sets the city on fire? How did he set it on fire, anyways? Do you think the messenger is nice? What are we supposed to be doing here, finding bank robbers and muggers and rappersts and stuff? What do we do to them?"
You walk over to faith, who is eying the arcade cabinets, and yank on her arm while questioning her constantly.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: IT BEGINS
« Reply #1221 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Enough shaking! Do a polonaise instead with an imaginary partner as I await phrasebook and orders from what may or may not be a fearless leader of some kind.

Also, examine 1/8th kiloton charge. Do I have a remote detonator on it?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:58:28 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 17, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »

((Son of a...))

Faith glanced down at Grate.

"Don't know when you're patrolling. Yes, you can patrol with Miss Feyri. For now either relax or guard the gate, I would assume. You'll be wearing those weird things to look scary for the locals. If the bad man sets the city on fire we'll have to figure out how to put it out or run. If he did set it on fire, he was probably using a microwave manipulator or microwave amp." She showed him her microwave manipulator. "The manipulators look like this, they can create heat. I think the Messenger is nice, yes. Very patient...

No, we're not here to catch anyone. A lot of angry people are likely to attack or at least try to get into the palace soon, and our job is to scare them away from doing that. We'll have to get kind of creative for that."

Faith sighed. It was nice not having lungs to get tired of talking with, at least...

Examine what the Messenger gave me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 17, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »

Examine what the Messenger gave me.
Attempt to examine what the messenger gave her when she pulls it out to do the same, if she is holding it too high for me to see, grab the arm holding it and gently pull it down low enough for me to see... or failing that pull myself UP the arm to where I can see anyway. if the latter option is the one I end up following, sit on her arm after accomplishing this.

((i'm tiny, and Faith IS fully synthflesh now. I probably won't even weigh her down.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 17, 2013, 03:07:48 pm »

"Okay, thanks!"

Head over toward the gate and look out into the city.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:42 pm »

((1!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 17, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »

"As you may or may not know, there is a chance of civil unrest occurring at this period of time. Needless to say, the Radiant One's palace must be well protected to minimize collateral damage. If possible, we would like to set up a defensive emplacement on the upper, gate-side window of your building and possibly one or two defensive personnel. Would that be acceptable to you? I understand that it is inconvenient to your regular operations but, we need to be able to provide the maximum protection in case of unrest."
Speak. Use charisma!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:25 pm »

...well, do that again and I burn you. Next one, then.

Walk up to the nearest alive person.

WO IST DER MARKT?
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 17, 2013, 04:02:25 pm »

((It begins indeed.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 17, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »

((It begins indeed.))
((Don't worry, I'll save these people!
Maybe.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 243