Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437002 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1365 on: July 22, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »

Go and try to find a guy I met at one of the secret society of Bureaucrats meeting where we discuss how to better fuck over people who aren't bureaucrats. Then requisition a labelled map in a language blah blah blah.
[will:2]
You begin walking up to random people and attempting to get them to reciprocate the super secret Bureaucrat handshake. None of them seem to know whats going on. This isn't helped by the fact that you keep changing the handshake as you go, or by the fact that the handshake begins with a 5 minute long preamble in indecipherable legalese.

Go and try to find a guy I met at one of the secret society of Bureaucrats meeting where we discuss how to better fuck over people who aren't bureaucrats. Then requisition a labelled map in a language blah blah blah.

(( If you get this to work, I will laugh so hard. And then I will wait patiently for PW to . ))

Awesome. That should make it much less likely to fly into a wall and explode. Now to find somewhere to hide it...

Scout around for a way up onto the wall, try and find a good vantage point
You look around until you find a small doorway to the left of the gate. You head inside and find a long, thin shaft straight up. There's a metal ladder bolted to the inside of the shaft, so you climb up. The ladder ends, predictably, on top of the wall. From this vantage point you have a good view of the entire township, and most of the palace behind you. Should be a good place to stand watch.

Map updated
((is the red dot on the left side the same color as the marked route but standalone instead of connected, about halfway up that side, supposed to be there?))
((I'd thought it was where we were at first, but that was clearly wrong))
Removed that dot. The marker is the big red one. Next to the '1'
Spoiler: Nope (click to show/hide)
((it's still there))
Yeah, thats not it. The big circle, near the "1". thats just a mistake from drawing the path.

Switch to uncontrollable singing and run to Xan and May. Keep an eye out for any other authorities that might be around.
You stick with May as she continues her rounds, singing about whatever you see on the way. You sing about mud for a good 5 minutes.

Forcefully inspect shopkeeper for evidence of criminal scummery.
You hop the counter and start ransacking the shop; though you're not entirely sure what you're looking for. You find lots of stuff that you suppose could be used for evil doing. Garden tools can be quite dangerous in the hands of a mob, as the pitchfork has show. Though; you do have some doubts over whether or not a garden spade could topple an empire.
[int:5-1]
After some deliberation you come to the conclusion that the man isn't a threat to the good of the commonwealth. You kick over his trashcan in a huff and then catch up with May.

Leave Xan to deal wit the shopkeeper. Delve deeper into the market, keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior.
You give the vender a goodbye squeeze and then head out, farther into the market. The shopkeepers, already nervous about you, are outright afraid after what you did to the first guy. They cower in their stalls as you pass by, trying to avoid your attention. The only one who doesn't immediately look away is a fruit seller; who grimaces at you in disgust before returning to his work.

At some point, I really should start some gunfight training...

Read the phrase book. Send a message to Faith and try to send a message to Doc.

Quote from: To Faith
Renen here, I have two kinds of swords plus a knife and a piece of rope. I'm good at swordfighting and only at that for now.

Quote from: To Doc.
Could you give some gun training after I go back, about shooting and dodging? I sense that I will need some with my teammates.

((Who was the one who copied Lars' book?))

Keep watching the gate.

The phrase book is less something you read, more something you consult. It's phrases are grouped into sections but are quite random when read one to another. Not terribly helpful for learning the language, and not very easy to remember either.

Guns? I suppose.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:51 pm »

((A spade could topple an empire if properly used.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 22, 2013, 01:23:41 pm »

((yes... but with the leverage and balancing necessary for it to do so, the wind is bigger threat.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 22, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »

((Not so! One swift strike on the right person's head, and it all crumbles in a bunch of civil war.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 22, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »

((Not so! One swift strike on the right person's head, and it all crumbles in a bunch of civil war.))
((with how unstable the empire would have to be to be toppled by a spade-assassination, a simple drought could do the same))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 22, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »

Walk up to one of the frightened shopkeepers, switch to uncontrollable dancing.

"Greetings, my friend! You seem rather uncomfortable. May I ask what the problem is?"

Consult phrasebook for some of the more common phrases in Pharsec - greetings, proper methods of address and expressing gratitude, that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:06:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 22, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »

((Oh, by the way, Grate is waiting for Faith to reply to:))

"Miss Faith, you wanted to know what I can do?"
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 22, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »

Look around for further signs of dissent with Glorious Leader.
Smile reassuringly at shopkeepers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1373 on: July 22, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

((The HMRC Pantheon (the book brother Lars got his religion from) is in the posession of the armory master, both in physical and digital form. She should be able to beam it down to you.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »

Find nearest residential area and snoop around.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »

((5 people with declared microwave manipulators/amps. 2 of them known to be unstable.

This city will probably not exist after the mission is over.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »

((Hey Piecewise, what's the climate of this place? I was thinking Desert, but maybe not.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1377 on: July 22, 2013, 05:06:46 pm »

((Hey Piecewise, what's the climate of this place? I was thinking Desert, but maybe not.))
It's hot and humid. Sort of tropical with tall grass fields around here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:02 pm »

((BREAKING NEWS: H.M.R.C. HAS INVADED FLORIDA))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:17 pm »

((BREAKING NEWS: H.M.R.C. HAS INVADED FLORIDA))
((Which might be the weirdest place they've ever gone. And yes, I am familiar with Mission 9.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 243