Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435728 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1455 on: July 26, 2013, 03:27:49 pm »

Charles tries to figure out where the messenger is.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 26, 2013, 08:39:50 pm »

((I think the people will attack because of the HRMC team))

Keep reading and watching the gate.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1457 on: July 26, 2013, 09:02:06 pm »

If I notice two vulnerable children trying to leave the main gate at sunset, caution them that that might be dangerous.
[Speech:1]
You run over to Grate and Lyra as they head for the door and start screaming stock parental advice at them like an after school special played on fast forward and funneled through a bullhorn.

"Make sure to look both ways before you cross the street and don't talk to strangers and here, take your rape whistle and don't follow strange men or show of those delicious delicious thighs of yours because we all know what a sexy little boy you are and I really need to stop talking but I can't it just keeps coming out and I'm conflating lust and fear and thats not gonna end well I'm probably gonna end up getting aroused from horror movies and May's face."

You spend a few seconds gasping.

"So,  You know. Stay safe."

You hand them a condom, mime for them to put it on their head like a helmet, and then go stand in a corner quietly muttering to yourself
[/quote]

Er...yeah that's hard to properly quote, but I love this. I love this SOOOO MUCH. I read IronyOwls previous interactions with children off of Piecewises sig and I love when he/she fails this hard :P Good Job.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 26, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »

((Poor Faith.  Worst Medic is now also Worst Babysitter.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 26, 2013, 09:26:59 pm »

"They're all gone. For now."

Delve deeper into the city, Revolver drawn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »

((SPEECH ROOOOOOOOLLS!))

Examine that briefcase next to that one game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:04 pm »

((Anything else she's bad at?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 27, 2013, 06:18:00 am »

((Now? Hasn't she been that since mission two?))
((SPEECH ROOOOOOOOLLS!))

((

(6) You remove the weapons of the other HRMC members before awakening your old personality.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:21 am »

((Now? Hasn't she been that since mission two?))
((What, the thing piecewise sigged? She wasn't responsible for those kids, and hence she is not eligible for any babysitting...um..."rewards".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

((Anyone else wondering why Faith carries a condom around? I know it was part of the scene's comedical value of making her come up with it from nowhere, but in-game, the reasons would be quite sketchy.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:31 am »

((Anyone else wondering why Faith carries a condom around?))

In case of May? :P

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 27, 2013, 09:04:39 am »

((I'm having trouble figuring out how that would help, unless her current body has separate modules for different primary sexual characteristics or something.))
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 27, 2013, 09:12:19 am »

((I'm having trouble figuring out how that would help, unless her current body has separate modules for different primary sexual characteristics or something.))

Yeah I didn't really think that through, but hey, with May, WHO KNOWS

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1468 on: July 27, 2013, 11:35:45 am »

Hmm. Reasonable of them.

Resume patrol for criminality.
"They're all gone. For now."

Delve deeper into the city, Revolver drawn.

"Well now. That's unusual."

Stacy pirouettes over to the fruit stand, settling near May.

"Did I miss something important, miss? Is anybody dead?"

Follow May for now!
The vice squad and captain dance wander their way deeper into the township, staying vaguely on their preplanned route. The route follows the well worn streets away from small stalls and buildings into a district of large shops, boarding houses, and what you're pretty sure is a brothel. The people here seem less afraid of you; they don't run, at worst they sort of fade into the crowd or casually duck into an alley. For the most part, no one even seems to notice you.

remove the condom from Grate's head, discard it.
Follow Grate

"Learn."

as we pass the gate to the town, stop and Hand whichever HMRC member is at the gate Feyri's uniform. take the time to re-fold it first, to remove the wrinkles from carrying it around with me for all this time.

EDIT2:
As we move, look around to see how much the two of us stand out, and why. what people's reactions to us are, and if anyone else our size is moving about, and what they're doing. look down if anyone tries to make eye contact with me of course.
All three actions remain unchanged.
((Did you mean May's display of power? Faith is the Ironic Owl.))

Message Miss Feyri:
Quote from: Grate to Feyri
Dear Miss Feyri,
I think Miss Faith has gone insane.
Sincerely,
Grate.
Remove condom from head with Lyra's help, discard it. Head into town, looking around to see what it's like.
Even without the condom on your head -how are you gonna stay safe now?!-you draw attention. I mean, you're a pair of midgets, one of you dressed in a police uniform and the other in a space suit. Or maybe both of you are in space suits. Honestly, I kinda lost track of if you paranoids ever put one on. But regardless, you're midgets in strange attire, wandering the streets in the early evening. You look like a performance art piece. People notice.

(( Yeah, I meant 'watch where they go from my post', but whatever :P ))

Back to my post, resume observation program
You return to the hill and continue watching. It's boring but so far, its safe as well. The irony of guard duty, you realize, is that when it's going well, the guard is useless.

Charles tries to figure out where the messenger is.
[int:3]
Uh...maybe faith knows where he is? You're not entirely sure.

((I think the people will attack because of the HRMC team))

Keep reading and watching the gate.

The next chapter talks more about the difficulty of cleanly disposing of a body; wryly commenting that most people put up more fight as a corpse then as a person. Removing identity depends on the place. Some planets are still small and unadvanced enough that the age old trick of taking off the head and the hands works. As soon as DNA comes into the picture, you're in a bind. Either you get rid of the whole body- incinerators work best; especially if they're industrial ones connected to some sort of waste processing. If you've got connections you can get them dumped in space, or access to synthetic microbes that specifically target and eat up human cells. Best cleanup you can buy, but you need a level 3 hazmat suit or you'll end up as soup with them.

((SPEECH ROOOOOOOOLLS!))

You walk over to the briefcase next to the polybius game and pick it up. It's fairly heavy and when you open it up you discover that it's full of mice. One of them is wearing a little collar with the name "Reginald" on it. Hmm...wonder what thats about.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 27, 2013, 11:47:47 am »

Make special note of anyone our size, what they're wearing, and what they're doing.
((important part of my action from last time that wasn't commented on.))
once I've seen what I came to see, tug gently on Grate's right elbow.
"Back?"
Continue to follow Grate
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 243