Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436957 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1470 on: July 27, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »

"Um, okay, if you want to."
Head back. Try to figure out what that was about.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 27, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

Find the messenger. Ask about the map thing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 27, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »

"Well, there's a healthy atmosphere of terror if I've seen one."

Dance along with the patrol, keep at the route. If May or Xan fall behind, investigate what they're doing. From a distance.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:54:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 27, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
Would you happen to know where the messenger is?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 27, 2013, 04:15:24 pm »

Quote from: Faith to Charles
I'm afraid I don't. I would think he'd be on hand when not busy elsewhere.

Examine mice and mouse collar more carefully. Including alternate vision modes, if necessary.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 27, 2013, 05:39:16 pm »

Guard duty continues! Contemplate on the true nature of guard duty, wonder how long I've been out here and how long til sundown

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:38 pm »

Investigate downtown for the usage of contraband or illegal breast/penis implants.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:29 pm »

Investigate downtown for the usage of contraband or illegal breast/penis implants.
What.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 28, 2013, 11:25:45 am »

Keep reading and watching the gate.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 28, 2013, 04:28:23 pm »

What.
((STAND ASIDE, SIR, AND LET A REAL LAW WOMAN DO HER WORK.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 28, 2013, 08:18:19 pm »

Look around for "criminal" (read "vaguely suspicious looking") people. If suspicious enough (intuition rolls ho), dispense justice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:39 am »

Look around for "criminal" (read "vaguely suspicious looking") people. If suspicious enough (intuition rolls ho), dispense justice.

(( Soooo, when does all this intuition detect the nuke that is surely descending on our heads as we speak to wipe the atrocity that is the HMRC off the map? XD ))

(( ... wait, hang on, I think we brought it with us... Okay, crisis averted. If you need me, I'll be outside the city limits. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1482 on: July 29, 2013, 10:00:34 am »

Make special note of anyone our size, what they're wearing, and what they're doing.
((important part of my action from last time that wasn't commented on.))
once I've seen what I came to see, tug gently on Grate's right elbow.
"Back?"
Continue to follow Grate
Children or midgets?

Because the children are wearing somewhat unisex clothing consisting of a long robe or tunic, rather baggy pants and sometimes a head scarf, all various shades of brownish.

"Um, okay, if you want to."
Head back. Try to figure out what that was about.
You take your reluctant date back to the palace.
[intuition:2-1]
"DOPPELGANGER! What manner of demon are you?! Show me your true form, monster of the 9th realm!"

You begin trying to tear her clothes off. Somewhere far away you hear faith screaming something about "Protection" and "How she always knew your true nature".

Find the messenger. Ask about the map thing.
You both head out in search of the messenger, wandering the entirety of the lowest level of the palace, sticking your heads through windows, calling for him like he's a lost dog and generally doing your best to find a man whose name and official position you don't know. You can't find him, leading you to the conclusion that he must be on a different level of the palace or outside of it.

"Well, there's a healthy atmosphere of terror if I've seen one."

Dance along with the patrol, keep at the route. If May or Xan fall behind, investigate what they're doing. From a distance.
You continue along the route, dancing just far enough ahead of May and Xan's shenanigans so as not to be associated with them.

Quote from: Faith to Charles
I'm afraid I don't. I would think he'd be on hand when not busy elsewhere.

Examine mice and mouse collar more carefully. Including alternate vision modes, if necessary.
They appear to be ordinary mice, though the one with the collar's brain is larger then the others.

(The briefcase full of mice and the Polybius cabinet are a reference to something. Bet you can't guess what.)

Guard duty continues! Contemplate on the true nature of guard duty, wonder how long I've been out here and how long til sundown
[int:3] You guard, therefore it is guarded. Simple.

You feel like you've been out here for a few hours and that sundown is rapidly approaching. The horizon is starting to fade to a bright red as the sun nears it.

You saunter over to the door to the brothel and attempt to kick it open, looking all cool and wild westy as you step in.
[str:1] You put your foot straight through the wall a good 5 feet from the door and immediately lose your balance and fall. You find yourself on your back, legs in the air, with one foot held in place and the other dangling free. It's a familiar position, to be honest.

Keep reading and watching the gate.

Third chapter is about a rivalry with a unknown contract killer. Apparently the author and the other killer were often double booked, told to kill the same person.  They never met in person, but often clashed over their assignments but attempting to beat the other out to the kill. The author felt that the other killer was unprofessional, since he always took a trophy from the kill. He says it  "Smacked of the amateur killer, the unsophisticated psychopath who channeled what would otherwise be serial murder into a business venture." He remarks that the other guy just ups and vanishes after a while, probably killed or caught by the police. He spends some time considering the importance of professionalism and how only those that divorce themselves from any connection to the act can truly be able to consider their actions from an objective standpoint and work to avoid mistakes.

Well...may just assaulted that wall...and now people are looking at her. Loitering. Very  suspicious.

[intuition:1+1]
Or maybe not...you can't really tell to be honest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 29, 2013, 10:07:37 am »

Wow. Um. Gimme a moment.
Sig

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 29, 2013, 10:09:58 am »

((Yeah, Piecewise should not be allowed near children. Or DM child characters. It ends in tears.

I don't know how you will get out of this, GreatWyrm.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 243