Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435633 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1500 on: July 29, 2013, 02:00:50 pm »

(( This should be fun! *sends the ghostly meta self to the barracks and gets the popcorn* ))

Recursive loop gate guarding. Don't forget to check the scout eye view

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »

((Is it just me, or am I doing my job semi competently?))
((...))

(( *sigh*, one moment, grabbing a coin for the Fight/Flight coinflip. heads is fight, tails is flight.))
[Fight/Flight: Heads]
((... uh oh))
((Yup.))

-snip-
Fight/Flight
apply the underside of the palm of my hand to the underside of Grate's chin, forcefully. step towards him and stomp on his instep. elbow him in the chest area. knee him in the groin. then leg-sweep him. finally grab his throat but don't apply more pressure than necessary to maintain my grip (don't strangle him yet) using my left hand. pin his left arm under my left knee, plant my right knee on his chest, and grab his right arm with my right hand.
"No."
((I was expecting to have to post that particular sequence for either May or Rennen btw, sry GWG.))
"AH! AH! AAH! HELP! MISS FEYRI! MISS FAITH! MISTER CRAZY FIRE-MIND GUY! SOMEONE!"
Cower and try to not get hurt too much.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:50:37 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »

-Action edited in response to Grate's outburst-
((and I didn't want to follow through anyway tbh, it being a failed int roll instead of a purposeful action. problem is it just HAD to be something Lyra is rather... touchy... about))

((see why uneccessary int rolls are bad for your health yet GWG?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:05 pm »

((A little.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1504 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:47 am »

"Oh my, how unfortunate! The lady seems to be in distress."

Examine how stuck May's foot is. If not particularly, help her pull it out. If rather a lot, try to think of a way to help her.
It doesn't look that stuck, you could probably pull it out, assuming you're not a complete and total spaz.
[str:4-1]
You can't get her foot out, but you do loosen the wall's death grip a little bit. Soon she shall be free of her wooden captor!

((My, my...even the children become pervs once in the HRMC. And I thought that the pile of perversion was bad enough.))

Keep reading and guarding the gate.
The next chapter mainly talks about ways of killing people; specifically killing them quickly, or silently or in ways that look accidental. Cuts to the throat are good; they prevent screaming but can be very messy. Choke holds and breaking the neck are effective, but harder; greater chance of just leaving them crippled or knocked out, unless you apply some sort of secondary measure to make sure they're dead. Blades to various different organs are effective as well; stab to the kidneys will put them in instant shock and bring them down quickly. Between the ribs and rupturing a lung will stop screaming too. Severing a major artery in the armpit or leg works too, though not as fast or as quietly.

He goes on to talk about guns, both mundane and strange.  Guns, he says, are a simple tool. Fire a few times at their chest and it's hard not to kill someone. Radiation projectors are better though. Quiet, untraceable and immediate if you're smart about it. Even if you mess up end up killing a random chuck of cells someplace where it's not immediately fatal, it tends to be deadly soon enough.

Walk up to the door of the tavern.
Open it.
Smirk at May.
Move on, looking for more signs of discontent.

((Is it just me, or am I doing my job semi competently?))
You walk over to the door a few feet from where May is trapped. You open it, gesture at may, gesture at the door, shrug, and then walk away.

You don't see any obvious signs of discontent around here. Everyone is just lighting up the stalls or meandering about. There are small groups of people talking, standing around in front of  stalls or loitering against shop fronts, the smell of fresh cooked food, the noise of a dozen criers trying to attract attention to their shop. Amongst it all you can't see anything that particularly stands out as fishy. Then again, you doubt they would be doing anything like that in broad daylight.

Get up. Enter Brothel properly. Inspect interior for illegal activities.
[str:5]
You tear your foot free from the wall and walk over to the door that Xan opened. Inside is a room of disheveled decadence, red satin curtains, great ornamental rugs, expansive, over stuffed sofas and dim lighting from crystal decked lamps and a particularly overblown chandelier. Women in various costumes and stages of undress are splayed lazily across the furniture, leaning against the walls, talking in groups of 2 or 3 and leaning against an old, mahogany looking bar in the back  of the room. The people in sight who aren't young women are an extremely old women seated at one of the bar stools and the bar tender, a man of prodigious, some would say unnatural, statue and musculature. The old woman is rapping her long nails on the bar while the bartender is very carefully cleaning a glass, squinting over a heavy mustache as he holds the glass to the light and then returns to polishing it.

As soon as you step in, everyone turns to look at you. Guess it's your move.

(( *sigh*, one moment, grabbing a coin for the Fight/Flight coinflip. heads is fight, tails is flight.))
[Fight/Flight: Heads]
((... uh oh))
"Um, okay, if you want to."
Head back. Try to figure out what that was about.
You take your reluctant date back to the palace.
[intuition:2-1]
"DOPPELGANGER! What manner of demon are you?! Show me your true form, monster of the 9th realm!"

You begin trying to tear her clothes off. Somewhere far away you hear faith screaming something about "Protection" and "How she always knew your true nature".
Fight/Flight
apply the underside of the palm of my hand to the underside of Grate's chin, forcefully. step towards him and stomp on his instep. elbow him in the chest area. knee him in the groin. then leg-sweep him. finally grab his throat but don't apply more pressure than necessary to maintain my grip (don't strangle him yet) using my left hand. pin his left arm under my left knee, plant my right knee on his chest, and grab his right arm with my right hand.
"No."
((I was expecting to have to post that particular sequence for either May or Rennen btw, sry GWG.))

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT:

STOP AS SOON AS GRATE SURRENDERS
[Grate dex:4]
[Lyra dex:2]
Grate tackles Lyra to the ground and pulls off her helmet. Upon seeing that she is, in fact, not a giant iguana, he immediately turns and runs away screaming about how you were going to hit him.

Children and animals. Never work with them.

(( This should be fun! *sends the ghostly meta self to the barracks and gets the popcorn* ))

Recursive loop gate guarding. Don't forget to check the scout eye view
Everything looks good for now. Though it's becoming dark and hard to see. You can see the lights of the township flicking on and the mud puddle of a city becoming a mud puddle full of fire flies.

Drowning fireflies.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:29:29 pm by piecewise »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:56 am »

((that... that actually worked out just fine. phew.))
((and he has every right to think Lyra was going to hit him... after all, she was))
Return to the barracks and nap on my pillow in the corner.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:20 am »

Stacy takes a peek inside the building, carefully gazing over the room.

"Doesn't look like anything terribly illegal is happening in here as far as I can tell. Let's move along, shall we?"

Head over to Xan in a jaunty dance.

"What say you we find a lone civilian of some description and interview him or her?"

Search for a bookstore. Or an idler of some kind if a bookstore isn't found.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:17:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 30, 2013, 01:17:46 pm »

Feel free to do so if you wish. I don't interact well with normal people.

Continue patrol.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 30, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »

The old woman is raping her long nails on the bar
((Please be a typo.))

Run back to the palace and look for Ms. Feyri.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 30, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »

((Less typo, more Freudian slip.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:27 pm »

Make sure the area on both sides of the gate is going to be well lit when the sun finally goes down. Turn on the suit lamps and see how much they light up the gate.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:27 pm »

"THE AUTHORITIES ARE HERE TO INVESTIGATE YOUR PREMISES."

Look around the place for anything illegal/coup-ish. After investigating this room and the bar, head into the back and look around. Keep one hand around the .45 at all times.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »

"Does anyone know where the messenger is or have any unused uniforms?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:24:46 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1513 on: July 31, 2013, 11:34:57 am »

((that... that actually worked out just fine. phew.))
((and he has every right to think Lyra was going to hit him... after all, she was))
Return to the barracks and nap on my pillow in the corner.
You return to the barracks and curl up on your pillow. Who goes to bed at sunset, honestly.

Stacy takes a peek inside the building, carefully gazing over the room.

"Doesn't look like anything terribly illegal is happening in here as far as I can tell. Let's move along, shall we?"

Head over to Xan in a jaunty dance.

"What say you we find a lone civilian of some description and interview him or her?"

Search for a bookstore. Or an idler of some kind if a bookstore isn't found.
There's what looks like a book seller over across the street. Or maybe just a book binder? Hard to say. Guy with a lot of books.

Feel free to do so if you wish. I don't interact well with normal people.

Continue patrol.

You continue to work your way around through the route. You cross over one of the main streets and find something of minor interest. You're walking down a  road that travels behind the major buildings you just saw. From this vantage point you can see dozens of posters plastered to several of the buildings. They're hung on seemingly random buildings, but the buildings they are hung on are completely coated in them. It's rather strange.

The old woman is raping her long nails on the bar
((Please be a typo.))

Run back to the palace and look for Ms. Feyri.
You find Ms.Feyri where she always was, standing in the same place, seemingly flummoxed about...something. She's still just muttering to herself.

Make sure the area on both sides of the gate is going to be well lit when the sun finally goes down. Turn on the suit lamps and see how much they light up the gate.
The area is somewhat well lit, better lit on the township side then the palace side. Your lamps don't do a whole lot for it; they're meant to illuminate your path, not serve as backup floodlights. As is, you think you should be able to keep an eye on the outer gate, but if anyone makes it through you'll lose them in shadow for a bit, till they hit the buildings and their lights.

"THE AUTHORITIES ARE HERE TO INVESTIGATE YOUR PREMISES."

Look around the place for anything illegal/coup-ish. After investigating this room and the bar, head into the back and look around. Keep one hand around the .45 at all times.

For the sake of potential hilarity, exactly what defines illegal and coup-ish to you?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 31, 2013, 11:42:24 am »

Head up to and examine the posters and the buildings they're put on, the closest one first. Anything similar about them?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 243