Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435726 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1530 on: August 01, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »

"Miss Feyri Miss Feyri something's weird about Lyra and I think she wants to kill me after I took off her clothes to see what it was I think she might have been infected with the stuff from these creatures they gave us I think it's bad and stuff help!"
"[...]something's weird about Lyra and I think she wants to kill me after I took off her clothes to see what it wa[...]"
"[...]I think she wants to kill me after I took off her clothes to see what it was[...]"

Rapid-speed and easily misinterpreted speech to someone whose player doesn't seem to be here!

Why.

Feyri knelt down after quickly deciding what to do. "Grate, there exist certain restrictions to what your curiosity allows you to do, and what you should do to fulfill that curiosity. Ripping off a woman's clothing is NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO." she said in the calmest voice she had. "Firstly, I want details.

"What stuff is that which causes the infestation--and yes, it's called 'infestation' if it's a disease on the outside of the body--and give me more context. Slow down talking. And where is Lyra?"

Oh my goodness Grate.

"...You didn't actually rip it off, did you?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 01, 2013, 06:42:28 pm »

Radio to the Sword.

Steve. I need you to translate the text on these posters if you have the capacity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 01, 2013, 10:25:23 pm »

((Obviously not radios, unless the Sword is in orbit over that planet.))
((Actually, I think the Sword IS near the planetoid, if not orbiting around it.))
((And yet Steve is perfectly accessible, which suggests that it is.))
((Is it in orbit around both missions' worlds simultaneously?))

Why.

Feyri knelt down after quickly deciding what to do. "Grate, there exist certain restrictions to what your curiosity allows you to do, and what you should do to fulfill that curiosity. Ripping off a woman's clothing is NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO." she said in the calmest voice she had. "Firstly, I want details. What stuff is that which causes the infestation--and yes, it's called 'infestation' if it's a disease on the outside of the body--and give me more context. Slow down talking. And where is Lyra?"

Oh my goodness Grate.

"...You didn't actually rip it off, did you?"
((Yes! Perfect!
...Is it just me, or are all/both of my child prodigies good at making things uncomfortable?))
"I took off the parasite thingy that they gave us. And she still had her suit on! I didn't make her naked! Ew! ...And I d'no where Lyra is...she could be anywhere..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 01, 2013, 10:27:31 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 01, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »

((Obviously not radios, unless the Sword is in orbit over that planet.))
((Actually, I think the Sword IS near the planetoid, if not orbiting around it.))
((And yet Steve is perfectly accessible, which suggests that it is.))
((Is it in orbit around both missions' worlds simultaneously?))

((No, those of us on Mission 9 are cut off completely. Steve can't conteact us, nor vice-versa (though if we were to give it a few years, the databurst I accidentally sent might reach him).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 01, 2013, 11:26:11 pm »

"I took off the parasite thingy that they gave us. And she still had her suit on! I didn't make her naked! Ew! ...And I d'no where Lyra is...she could be anywhere..."
...Am I blind?

"So..by clothes, and by that I mean the 'parasite' you mean security uniform, right? The one I handed over to Lyra? Which was a bit oversized for her?"

Thank you so much medical knowledge.

"Err, rhetorical question. Still, could you help me find her? I was..a bit busy. Introspectively. Where are we?"

Get back in game Intuition - inform self of what just happened recently.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 01, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »

"Yeah, I guess if you wanna call 'em that...and, um, I suppose I could..."
Help Feyri find Lyra without going far from Feyri.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 02, 2013, 12:02:27 am »

((quick reminder: My uniform is currently burnt rags on the floor of the barracks (I haven't checked them out since they were purged by fire so I don't know the extent of the damage), Feyri's uniform is folded up nicely and waiting for her at the gate. I wasn't wearing it at the time Grate did his thing. what Grate successfully removed was my suit's helmet.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 02, 2013, 12:26:21 am »

Seeing that everything is in order, leave the brothel and interrogate first person I see about mutiny.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 02, 2013, 12:28:50 am »

((Yay! If you don't roll a 1 or a 6 I will be very disappointed.))

((quick reminder: My uniform is currently burnt rags on the floor of the barracks (I haven't checked them out since they were purged by fire so I don't know the extent of the damage), Feyri's uniform is folded up nicely and waiting for her at the gate. I wasn't wearing it at the time Grate did his thing. what Grate successfully removed was my suit's helmet.))
((You know, I can be hard on Piecewise, but I can't blame him for not keeping up with your shenanigans.
Even if they are also his fault... kinda.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 02, 2013, 06:54:37 am »

((To be fair, if I ever rolled higher than a 2 before modifiers on Intuition rolls, this would have worked out fine and not have accidentally had any rape-like qualities.))
Sig

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 02, 2013, 01:09:42 pm »

Keep reading and guarding. Send message.

Quote from: To Doc
Which one is better?

Hey...Skylar, right. If you notice something very odd, just say it. And who will come for the next guard duty?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 02, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »

Will do. I don't think anyone has been arranged to relieve us, yet. We'll have to poke them into action when we decide to switch shifts. I'm thinking around midday, just do a shift per day. These short days should allow for that to work alright.

Continue guarding!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1543 on: August 05, 2013, 11:58:53 am »

Look for something that looks like a romance novel of some kind, plus a children's book and something nonfiction if I can find anything like that. Take all three books and utilize the phrasebook to say something to the effect of "May I take these?" or "How much do these cost for someone of a higher caste?"
The books are rather cheap looking, more manuscripts then professional printings; just a packet of papers bound together with no covering and a big old title page in foreign tongue. There are no pictures, but the title fonts are different, so you go by that. You grab one with the most flowery script, the most childish script and one with just an interesting title.  You flip through the phrase book and attempt to pronounce the right phrase.
[speech:1]
You just start screaming. You just start screaming and hooting and gnashing your teeth and flailing your arms. You kick over his little desk and run off with the manuscripts.

Radio to the Sword.

Steve. I need you to translate the text on these posters if you have the capacity.
>They are an advertisement for something called "Freedom Hills" which appears to be a store of some kind. Under it is just a list of items on sale and various assurances of quality. The merchandise is mostly produce by the look of it.

...Am I blind?

"So..by clothes, and by that I mean the 'parasite' you mean security uniform, right? The one I handed over to Lyra? Which was a bit oversized for her?"

Thank you so much medical knowledge.

"Err, rhetorical question. Still, could you help me find her? I was..a bit busy. Introspectively. Where are we?"

In your case, I don't think that will work. You've been standing around in a closed room, staring at a wall. You can't' just intuit everyone's actions. At best you can guess that shit is probably going very poorly.

"Yeah, I guess if you wanna call 'em that...and, um, I suppose I could..."
Help Feyri find Lyra without going far from Feyri.
You drag Feyri over to lyra, who appears not to have moved.

Seeing that everything is in order, leave the brothel and interrogate first person I see about mutiny.
"Laaaaaaadies." You say on your way out. You spin on your heel and turn back to the street. You immediately run forward and grab the first man you see and begin screaming at him.

"YAR MATEY, I HEAR THAR BE SOME MUTINOUS TALK ABOUT. POISONED SCUTTLEBUTT AS IT WERE. NOW, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT THAR PLOT? PART OF A ROUND ROBIN, BE YE?"

Keep reading and guarding. Send message.

Quote from: To Doc
Which one is better?

Hey...Skylar, right. If you notice something very odd, just say it. And who will come for the next guard duty?
Depends on the situation. Radiation projectors are rare though. Used only by high level UWM spooks.

You notice something kind of odd as you stand guard. The sun has just set and the crowds have thinned out greatly, but now there's a group of 5 people coming in, each of them carrying a large backpack.

Will do. I don't think anyone has been arranged to relieve us, yet. We'll have to poke them into action when we decide to switch shifts. I'm thinking around midday, just do a shift per day. These short days should allow for that to work alright.

Continue guarding!
You notice the same thing that Renen notices; the odd group of men with their odd group of packs.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 05, 2013, 12:25:29 pm »

Put Revolver to the man's neck. Threaten to give him an improvised ultra-tracheotomy if he doesn't tell me everything he knows.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 243