Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435675 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1725 on: August 19, 2013, 02:39:27 am »

Pull out megaphone. Yell at the crowd in an intimidating fashion and then put on some military music at full blast.
((You know, it's not too late to wrisk the megaphone away from her. Renen or Faith could probably do it.))
((Why would anyone want to do that?))
((I'll laugh uncontrollably in a manic fashion if she somehow overshoots this...))
(( Somehow? May has a +1 to intimidation, and no -1 in Speech :P ))
((Doesn't May have a Chr bonus or something?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 19, 2013, 02:40:43 am »

Pull out megaphone. Yell at the crowd in an intimidating fashion and then put on some military music at full blast.
((You know, it's not too late to wrisk the megaphone away from her. Renen or Faith could probably do it.))
((Why would anyone want to do that?))
((I'll laugh uncontrollably in a manic fashion if she somehow overshoots this...))
(( Somehow? May has a +1 to intimidation, and no -1 in Speech :P ))
((Doesn't May have a Chr bonus or something?))
((If she doesn't, we could get Charles to help out. He is a Speech-Charisma character after all :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 19, 2013, 10:00:27 am »

Try to enter in formation with the guards. Use the camera to film their fights and techniques if combat breaks out.

Hum.... it's always good to watch others fight too.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1728 on: August 19, 2013, 12:15:17 pm »

Hide behind Ms. Feyri.

"What's going on, Miss Feyri?"
You continue to hide behind feyri in that adorably useless childlike manner. Or maybe you're just using her as a human shield?

Crutch over to the Messenger.

The rebels are matching on our position. Assistance would be good.
You have no idea where he is. Seriously, he wandered off like, hours ago and you haven't seen him since. And unless someone has a direct line to him, you doubt anyone else knows where he is any more then you.

As Stacy looks over the destruction, he can't help but feel like he's forgotten something. Oh, right! That Feyri lady asked something of him.

Quote from: Stacy "Ambiguously Gay" Buttle; To: Mission Screenwriter Feyri Something-Something
Dear Feyri,

In our last communique, you asked me how I was and what I was doing, though my adventures were of secondary importance. I am quite fine, thanks for asking, and boy, were there rather interesting things happening. I met lots of interesting people, and narrowly escaped a rather nasty inferno, so it's been a rather eventful day. A very eventful day, in fact. Poor Xan was shot in the foot with an illegal firearm, you see, and then he missed a little bit, and now we're here. Before I even knew it, I was ducking into a bed of nice, warm ash as the city around me burned. I lost some books that I had gathered in the process, too. Most distressing. And now I fear that the worst may come to pass, and the use of a nuclear device may be warranted. Quite awful. But what an adventure! I was even called "ambiguously gay" today as well, and I'm not sure why. I feel I'm pretty happy all the time, to be honest. It happens when you grow older, really. You just start to appreciate every day. But I ramble! Now, I hope you've been alright, and I'll be seeing you soon, dear.

Love,
Stacy Buttle.

Send message. Evaluate whether setting a nuke to detonate via radio signal is a complicated process in any way.
You look at the nuke. It's got a key pad, 0-9, plus a few other keys; Frq, Tim, and Det. Assuming you can work out exactly how that works, it shouldn't be hard.

Charles rigs his chemical magazine for radio-activated detonation and replaces his turret's current magazine with it. He removes the detonator from the conventional magazine. He takes the conventional magazine with him and regroups with the rest of the team.
What am I doing? Why am I...
So, this is what my life is now?
To be tormented by hallucinations and to kill desperate people?
What sort of cruel mockery is this?

You switch your weapon from deadly ammo to omnicidal ammo and rig the magazine to blow, should you need it to. That done, you walk out out of the bakery and and look around. The teams are rather split up, mostly around the gate, so you just head down near the doors and hang out with renen, until he wanders off.

Grab one of the Rifles and a load a case of ammunition into it.

May heads outside and looks over the crowd, gun clutched in her hands. "Hey, I'm going to yell at these freaks."

Quote from: May ->Feyri Berry
We ran into some suspicious looking guys. They ran, and I chased after one of them. I was going to shoot one in the leg when he was about to get away, when everything exploded and half of his skin melted. So I left.

You grab a rifle and as much ammo as you can carry before walking back out to the gate. You hold the rifle- and exotic and frankly dangerous looking thing- in one hand and the bullhorn in the other as you address the slowly advancing crowd.

[speech:6+1]
"ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS BETTER GET THE FUCK OUT MY GRILL BEFORE I'M FORCED, I REPEAT, FORCED BY THE GREAT WEIGHT OF YOUR COLLECTIVE STUPIDITY TO TAKE THIS RIFLE AND FIRE RANDOMLY INTO THE CROWD."

They don't stop. You shrug, huck the megaphone over your shoulder and start firing into the crowd. You start singing as caseless, explosive driven solid metal slugs the size of your thumb tear into the distant mass of men and women.

YOU SEE THAT NIGGA TURNIN'
YOU FEEL THAT BULLET BURNIN'
NIGGA NOW YOU LEARNIN'
COPYRIGHT DISNEY!

For a moment it seems to work; the crowd recoils under your fire, shrinking back. But the second your magazine runs dry, the crowd surges forward. This time they're sprinting toward you. The palace guards, in their black and silver robes and smiling masks, push past and move to meet the crowd, which is now swarming up the stairs and the bare hill like a black tide studded with little burning lights.

"Weeell... I was sleepin', then I woke up. now I'm here."

Fuck it, paperwork for the paperwork gods, whatever the HELL I'd need to apologize for a fucking BOMB.

"Dear general populace.

I offer my sincere condolences and apologies regarding the recent acts of intimidation, disturbing the peace, arson, mass murder..."

You hear the rapid series of pops as may opens fire into the crowd.

"Mass murder(s)..."

Try to enter in formation with the guards. Use the camera to film their fights and techniques if combat breaks out.

Hum.... it's always good to watch others fight too.

You slip into the ranks of the palace guards and follow them outside and down the stairs. It's pretty obvious that combat is going to break out here in literally minutes, at most. The slow march of the guards will bring them head long into the sprinting attack of the mob. And the mob has a hell of a lot more people then the guards do.

To recap: Feyri and Lyra are suffering from that strangely common affliction in the HMRC where they go quiet and unresponsive for unknown periods of time. Renen is marching into battle against pretty much the entire population of the township. May is firing randomly into the crowd and the resident bureaucrat is attempting to write official apologies for war crimes still actively taking place.

Go team.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 19, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »

Hmm. That sounds bad.

Go over to where May is and begin to burn the peasants in the legs so they fall. Casualties are not a concern.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:23:07 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 19, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »

Quote from: piecewise link=topic=123854.msg4512280#msg4512280
To recap: Feyri and Lyra are suffering from that strangely common affliction in the HMRC where they go quiet and unresponsive for unknown periods of time. Renen is marching into battle against pretty much the entire population of the township. May is firing randomly into the crowd and the resident bureaucrat is attempting to write official apologies for war crimes still actively taking place.

Go team.
((Sigged :D))

Charles radios the rest of the team. "I... I-I have my weapon s-set up.. must I open fire...? Wait... NO. They're desperate and numerically superior. We don't have enough bullets. We need to demoralize them somehow.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:21:21 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 19, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

Go back to the gate and just watch and record the fight from a safe spot. If not possible, enter BT mode. Slash any enemy who attacks, go always for the weak spot and retreat.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 19, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

Get Ms. Feyri's attention somehow. Hopefully in a way that embarrasses Tiruin more than me. Ideally in a way that embarrasses no one at all. Optimally, Tiruin shows up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 19, 2013, 01:38:05 pm »

((The May speech roll die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 19, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »

((The May speech roll die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
(( Exactly what I was thinking. Of COURSE she rolled a 6 XD ))

Okay, Faith, we're kind of in a hurry and need to get more orders from the messenger... Let's move!

Action nulled, Faith broke herself out of the trance :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:50:07 am by Kriellya »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 19, 2013, 04:35:08 pm »

"Ooh, ooh! Idea!"

Stacy begins to sing a tune.

"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head, and just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothin' seems to fit. Raindrops keep fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'..."

Head up on the wall, then cool a sphere of air three meters in diameter approximately 100 meters above where the crowd o' rebels is right now (not following along with their movements, just where they are at the time I begin) to a temperature of 2 kelvins, hopefully solidifying it rather rather nicely. Note: this is not actually aimed to kill anyone, only distract, and the location is not to be adjusted for any reason.

Get a good view of the stairs. Then utilize manipulator to rapidly cool (to about 2 kelvins, solidifiying the air's various components) a horizontally-oriented cylinder of air that's about the length of the stairs and about 2 meters in diameter at the top of the stairs or, if the guards have moved past that point, slightly in front of the guards.

Stacy really hoped this would work.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:10:06 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1736 on: August 19, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »

((Not one but two super difficult space magic actions in the same turn? If you guys want the everything around you annihilated, why not just ask Steve to initiate kinetic bombardment on the crowd?

Funny thing would be if the two actions cancel each other out.

On the other hand these actions suceeding along with Stacy singing about them will lead to a song of ice and fire...))

Edit:Oh, wait you edited your actions. That's what I get for reading them through e-mail..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:13:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 19, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »

((Not one but two super difficult space magic actions in the same turn? If you guys want the everything around you annihilated, why not just ask Steve to initiate kinetic bombardment on the crowd?

Funny thing would be if the two actions cancel each other out.

On the other hand these actions suceeding along with Stacy singing about them will lead to a song of ice and fire...))

((Actually if this fails I may just call in Steve.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »

((Not one but two super difficult space magic actions in the same turn? If you guys want the everything around you annihilated, why not just ask Steve to initiate kinetic bombardment on the crowd?))

((I don't think what I'm doing should be that difficult. Static location, not too large an effect, though the distance might be a tad troublesome.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 19, 2013, 05:23:39 pm »

Chuck the empty gun at them using the Kinetic Amplifier. Then run back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 243