Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435645 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3030 on: December 30, 2013, 08:51:07 pm »

begin surveying this level and wok my way back up, take samples of anomalous substances and mark unstable tunnels etc.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 30, 2013, 10:46:58 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 30, 2013, 10:47:56 pm »

((Who are you to question the ancient art of antigravity wok surfing?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 31, 2013, 02:16:43 am »

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 31, 2013, 10:12:21 am »

Nuclear Spelunker team, look out. There may be a bit of debris falling down near you. Nothing major, hopefully, but I don't want anyone getting hit in the head and falling.

"Roger that, XO, will keep an eye. We're just about done on this level anyway. No survivors, as expected, though some ships might still fly once we get some heavy lifting in here to pry them out."

Wrap up the examination of the level and start heading further down. Watch out for falling debris.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 31, 2013, 11:15:13 am »

"I'll try and keep an eye out for bits falling. shame about these people."

Follow Anton, keep an eye out for falling debris. If debris does come our way, use mass amp to make sure we don't get crushed

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 31, 2013, 12:06:42 pm »

"...

The damn thing was going to taken down anyway. I just sped up the process, that's all..."

Dig myself out and check for injuries and rocket damage. Then check the building to see how it's holding up now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 31, 2013, 12:25:53 pm »

"...

The damn thing was going to taken down anyway. I just sped up the process, that's all..."

Dig myself out and check for injuries and rocket damage. Then check the building to see how it's holding up now.
(([1] You punch out a support column as you stand back up. The building doesn't seem to be doing very good. As a matter of fact, it seems to be leaning your way now...

And moving...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3038 on: December 31, 2013, 02:49:44 pm »

Nuclear Spelunker team, look out. There may be a bit of debris falling down near you. Nothing major, hopefully, but I don't want anyone getting hit in the head and falling. Nuclear divers, how's it looking at ground zero?

Simus buzzes down to where Bishop has embedded and buried himself and digs him out.
"...

[dex:4+1]
Bishop manages to very carefully dig himself free without causing the rest of the building to fall down on his head. Simus joins him a moment later, giving him the kind of disappointed look that can be felt straight through layers of armor and lead.

"Just a big old useless nuclear crater down here. Unhealthy radiation levels for the unshielded, some green glass and stuff. Structurally stable. I'll take some samples and look around for not-collapsed tunnels, but I don't expect to find much. Any orders?"

Start going up, taking samples of interesting stuff, checking for not-collapsed tunnels, assessing structural integrity, looking for usable or salvageable stuff, taking note of radiation levels. Basically just looking around thoroughly in each level.
You start going up, level by level. Bottom most ones are death and uselessness; there's nothing down there worth looking. It's all collapsed or melted. A few levels up there are some intact tunnels though. They seem structurally sound enough that someone smaller then you could probably make it in...though the radiation down here is enough that you don't think someone smaller then you would WANT to make it in for very long.

There isn't anything really abnormal about the crater, as far as you can see. No Anomalies, just radiation and standard heat and blast wave destruction.

begin surveying this level and wok my way back up, take samples of anomalous substances and mark unstable tunnels etc.
Your levels, like Flint's deeper in the crater, are basically worthless in terms of salvage. There are tunnels, sure, and they could do with some exploring (if they're stable, that is) but anything that isn't solid stone has been so crushed and melted that it's usually completely indistinguishable. You make it back up toward the rest of the team, marking tunnels as you go.

Nuclear Spelunker team, look out. There may be a bit of debris falling down near you. Nothing major, hopefully, but I don't want anyone getting hit in the head and falling.

"Roger that, XO, will keep an eye. We're just about done on this level anyway. No survivors, as expected, though some ships might still fly once we get some heavy lifting in here to pry them out."

Wrap up the examination of the level and start heading further down. Watch out for falling debris.
"I'll try and keep an eye out for bits falling. shame about these people."

Follow Anton, keep an eye out for falling debris. If debris does come our way, use mass amp to make sure we don't get crushed

The upper level team moves farther down. You get within maybe 2 levels of Auron when you hear something. Something moving around in the wreckage of one of the turned over ships.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 31, 2013, 03:23:26 pm »

"Look alive, people! Movement in the wreckage! Weapons ready, but check your fire, it may be a survivor or a rogue robot of some kind."

Move to the wreckage, Red Hand to taser mode. Check that I can actually fire the Red Hand with the rad suit on - if I can't, safety on, use a pick from the climbing gear as a melee weapon. Let Pancaek or anyone else willing take point in finding the source of movement.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 31, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

"Roger that, im on my way."

make my way towards the wreckage and try to flank whatever that was, laser it if it proves hostile.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »

wok my way back up
I...see...
I take it you dont like fried noodles?
((Not as an ascension method. Except maybe in KoL.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 31, 2013, 11:28:37 pm »

"Oh don't give me that look. I feel bad enough as it is... Let's just go and help the ground forces already."

Support the ground troops my flying down into a flanking position and take cover, overlooking the wreckage.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: January 01, 2014, 02:47:59 am »

Simus joins him a moment later, giving him the kind of disappointed look that can be felt straight through layers of armor and lead.

((Hey look, a real-life ability of mine has leaked into the game.))

Our business up here is not yet finished, Bishop. Demonstrating the high structural failure rate of the lower floors does not a survey complete. Even if we go now, we'll be coming back up just as quick, and I'm reasonably confident that Anton and his group can handle themselves for the moment.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: January 01, 2014, 09:49:53 am »

"Affirmative, watch my back."

Move to the wreckage to inspect the source of the noise. Keep my distance if possible. Keep my amps ready to stop attacks. If it is hostile and not human, use microwave amp to heat a 1 foot sphere inside center mass of the target.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 243