Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435701 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3435 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:33 pm »

((We don't have any British people in the UWM, do we?

*raises hand*
((UWM, not ARM..))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: January 24, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

((We already control the world though. But building a laser on the moon is possible. It's on my to-do list, actually, right after "Build giant engines to fly Hephaestus", and "Make the Paracelsus' Sword transform into a samurai robot".))
((Ha. Ha. Ha.))

((We don't have any British people in the UWM, do we?
*raises hand*
((UWM, not ARM..))
((If they got sent to the HMRC, they were in the UWM. If they were in the UWM, others like them would be as well.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: January 24, 2014, 04:13:51 pm »

((We already control the world though. But building a laser on the moon is possible. It's on my to-do list, actually, right after "Build giant engines to fly Hephaestus", and "Make the Paracelsus' Sword transform into a samurai robot".))

((Why not just strap rocket engines on the moon and cover it with weaponry?

"That's no moon!"

"Yes it is."))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »

"That's no moon!"

"Yes it is."))
((Have you played Hammerfight? I want to fly Hephaestus so I can use its gravity well to swing the moon around like a flail. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 24, 2014, 04:22:44 pm »

"That's no moon!"

"Yes it is."))
((Have you played Hammerfight? I want to fly Hephaestus so I can use its gravity well to swing the moon around like a flail. :P))
((Don't forget to get a large quantity of gravity and vector automanipulators :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: January 24, 2014, 04:28:11 pm »

"That's no moon!"

"Yes it is."))

((Heard of it enough.  Good idea though- UMW army coming back?  Just move the planet!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: January 24, 2014, 06:01:26 pm »

(("Sir, perhaps you should have asked for directions?"))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3442 on: January 27, 2014, 02:45:12 pm »

Quote from:  Auron to Grate
Quit being immature, noone is going to get in trouble except me.

To simus: You want me to not repair the civilian exosuit i recovered? Why on earth would i stop doing that?

To jack: "Oh hey Jack, Thanks for the help with the spiderbot. Any ideas on what we should call it?

"Crusher?"
"I was hoping for something sounding a bit more impressive, maybe something like Goliath..."

"Leviathan?"

THUNDERTRON
It matters not that it is done. It matters that it was built in knowing violation of orders. Justify its continued existence, please. While you do, I am coming to see it for myself. I will pass judgememt after I arrive. Keep everything where it is.

Simus goes to the site of the project's construction and examines it.
You walk over to the site of the as of yet unnamed spider tank's construction and watch as it wiggles it's legs and totters about like a drunk ladybug.

((I thought up a name for the kinamp-fusion warhead. The Atom Smusher. :P

Also, go with those, definitely. "More controlled" justifies some resource expenditure, especially when we have our public image to keep track of.))

Anton contacts Simus.

"XO, I'm sending you my current plan for retrofitting the ships we lifted out of the shipyard. Please review. It comes out to about a quarter of our budget total, so I'd like to see what you have to say about them. I'll start with some general prep work in the meantime."

Go with the kinamp-fusion warheads on the missiles, and tentatively finalize the designs pending input from Bishop and Simus. Send the ship parameters and retrofit summaries to Simus' wristpad. Arrange transports for parts from the Sword to the salvage yard, and see about hiring some regular workers to help.

((edit: Also, addressing an earlier point that I missed. We have no uniformity in design because we don't need several uniform craft doing the same thing. The Black Death (better name pending) will be our emergency aerospace response vehicle, in case our defenses are knocked out and we need to quickly respond to a Very Bad Situation. The Party Wagon (better name pending) will be the dedicated transport gunship of the Mobile Reserve, to respond to surprise attacks on the ground. The Southern Cross (that's the name I always pick for the Tug in Independence War 2... also, better name pending) is the heavy assault craft for the ship assault phase, or for really heavy air support. The other two ships are not meant to directly engage in combat, as we can't exactly outfit them as such, but they will be used to ferry regular troops around, and as such need at least basic weaponry.

All our craft have different roles, so they are very different. And of course they're all refitted civilian ships, but that's beside the point. :P))

You send the plans for the new fusion warhead and current ship retrofitting plans to simus for her input and go head on  putting things into motion.

Don't worry about transporting parts or workers. That will be time skip material.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

((Missed part of me, a message to Steve:
Quote from: Simus>Steve
Would you please explain to Auron that I am still his commander? Just a small buzz from his implant and a few words should do.
))

Take that cannon off of it. That's going to be liquidated, for sure. Especially since it can't seem to walk properly with it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: January 27, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

"The cannon isnt the problem, the algorithms used to teach it to walk havent been running long and removing it during the learning process will cause issues later on due to the altered weight distribution profile especially if it is not replaced immediately."

prevent Simus removing the cannon unless i can quickly swap it for an electrolaser, preferably one around 15 ru and powered mostly by the shuttle reactor.

((Actually Thundertron sounds awesome, provided i can swap the gauss cannon for an electrolaser.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »

((This should be fun to watch.
*steals some of Xantalos's infinite popcorn stash*))

Attempt to open up the Mission Replay thing, ideally in a separate "window". Mission 1, default settings. Grate+the people originally on that mission.
Unless something starts in the Tinker session.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: January 27, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »

((I poisoned that, if you recall. Good luck dying.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: January 27, 2014, 04:00:06 pm »

((Citation or it didn't happen.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: January 27, 2014, 04:01:07 pm »

((In Rotmg somewhere like a hundred pages back. Good luck looking.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: January 27, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

((You made the post, you know what it says, you can search for it.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 243