Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437083 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3495 on: January 29, 2014, 06:13:27 pm »

((According to your sheet you left it on the ship anyway.

Has anyone else noticed how my characters always take lethal damage only when off mission?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: January 29, 2014, 06:16:05 pm »

((Hrmm. Perhaps they'd learn. Mine did.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:00 pm »

((I, too, laughed at that scene. ...I actually have an even 1:1 ratio of on-mission and off-mission deaths...
I really need to go on more missions.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: January 29, 2014, 06:21:32 pm »

((According to your sheet you left it on the ship anyway.

Has anyone else noticed how my characters always take lethal damage only when off mission?))

((From back at the beginning of the mission:

Rad suit on over the Phase Armor, and climbing harness on over that.

I'd say I have my phase suit on, and the sheet you're looking at is wrong (as the sheets tend to be sometimes, I can't blame PW - hard enough keeping all of this and getting those sheets precise). That action was acknowledged, so I did have it on.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: January 29, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

((Doesnt really matter anyway, your not permadead and youll probably wake up in the infirmary next turn. Stuck in a chemical vat. Forced to get on with your work remotely instead of harassing Auron.

oh and if you are concerned i actually wanted you dead, i specified to aim for your legs pre overshot.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: January 29, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »

((Except I'm not unconscious. Nice feature of the robot bodies, the lack of pain to knock you out in the event of traumatic damage.))

Messaging:
Quote from: Simus>Anton
Auron just attempted to murder me. As it is, he committed suicide by accident, but still managed to bust up my body pretty badly by proxy. Get a shuttle and come to my coordinates, or get someone who can retrieve me. I'm going to be stuck in a chemical bath for a while, and my skeleton is going to need replacing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3501 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »

((Simus is unconscious. See piecewise's post.
Worry not, your knight in spraypainted armor is coming to your rescue.

Edit: Maybe it got so damaged it shut down to protect your mind from going mad. Being stuck in darkness, unable to move and feel and talk... That would be horrible.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:56:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:43 pm »

((All right, redact that previous statement, she's not conscious.

Still, it's only her bones and flesh broken (and command to them shut down). I think the communications are part of the braincase, though, so she should still be able to communicate. If that's not the case, then she'll correct that flaw later on. Even then, that only affects that message, and Steve would know what happened to her. Help is on the way, regardless. She can send other messages once she's reactivated.

And no, I'm not telling the content of those. Much like Auron told nothing of his attempt to shoot me.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:02:41 pm by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »

((Yeah but you were asking for it, you did electrocute Auron after he told you he would swap the weapon out like you wanted.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:06 pm »

((Yeah but you were asking for it, you did electrocute Auron after he told you he would swap the weapon out like you wanted.))
((Mind providing quotes? I seem to recall Auron quite strongly refusing to acquiesce to Simus's requests.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: January 29, 2014, 07:21:47 pm »

((Mind providing quotes? I seem to recall Auron quite strongly refusing to acquiesce to Simus's requests.))

((And I seem to recall the cause being repeated insubordination, even if he did acknowledge, he was insubordinate about it. She tolerated it for a while, but you kept on doing it.

And I would bet that if we were to hold a court martial for you, the other players would side with me, for the most part, Unholy. Not going to happen, though. Be glad, I'm sure the other players would come up with worse solutions than I.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:38:31 pm by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: January 29, 2014, 07:40:37 pm »

((And I seem to recall the cause being repeated insubordination, even if he did acknowledge, he was insubordinate about it. She tolerated it for a while, but you kept on doing it.

And I would bet that if we were to hold a court martial for you, the other players would side with me, for the most part, Unholy.))
((And i tolerated your constant harassment for a while, then i got sick of it.

And you cant court martial Auron because we are not a military. Also you would have to court martial xan first because actively tried to murder someone, i only tried to cripple you.))

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: January 29, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: January 29, 2014, 07:45:10 pm »

(('Attempted murder' and 'attempted crippling with a deadly weapon' are both pretty much the same in practice. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: January 29, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »

((How is it attempted crippling? It was a successful crippling.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 243