Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 229018 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.0 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2013, 11:46:33 am »

So, ugh, do they still kiss skulls through the brain?

Yes, those are their main attacks so I need to give it a better arena testing before nerfing it. An unarmed succubi will have little change to win otherwise.

Deep succubi are more likely to throw a kick so that is less of a problem for them.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2013, 02:06:45 pm »

I really wish there was a better way of adjusting attack percentage other than MAIN and SECOND, because it literally means "do you want the creature to be able to use this outside of an aimed attack in adventure mode or not?"

What you COULD conceivably do is to create differently-named duplicates of each attack and give them all MAIN priority, and then just do the math on how many variants of each you would need to get the ideal percentages. The problem is that not only would the raws look a lot less pretty, you would have to edit each of the duplicates any time you did a change. Creature variants won't help, afaik.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2013, 05:59:40 pm »

Oy! Actually not only deep succubi lack trade but normal ones too. They don't have access to any wagon pullers and pack animals, so traders get announced but don't really show up.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:40 am »

I really wish there was a better way of adjusting attack percentage other than MAIN and SECOND, because it literally means "do you want the creature to be able to use this outside of an aimed attack in adventure mode or not?"

What you COULD conceivably do is to create differently-named duplicates of each attack and give them all MAIN priority, and then just do the math on how many variants of each you would need to get the ideal percentages. The problem is that not only would the raws look a lot less pretty, you would have to edit each of the duplicates any time you did a change. Creature variants won't help, afaik.

I actually did this in Masterwork. There are some easter eggs hidden in the unarmed combat, like "makes a face to distract the enemy and quickly punches" or "takes on the drunken master stance and hits". The rest are duplicates of normal combat. It works, the easter eggs show up, but rarely.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:08 am »

I had a succubi swordmaster kill a forgotten beast with a punch. I will probably make only bring scratching forward along the other two.
However the attacks will still deal damage, ideally it would tear skin or chip a bone and inject venom.

Edit :
Oy! Actually not only deep succubi lack trade but normal ones too. They don't have access to any wagon pullers and pack animals, so traders get announced but don't really show up.

I did not touch the pullers for the civilized succubi, I am testing it with a new world and will confirm that.
Edit: Caravans are indeed there as intended. The civ has COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL animal, that include usually donkeys and horses, perhaps by accident or through another mod, your civ lost access to these animals. I am taking a safer route as testing the addition of COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:07:42 pm by Boltgun »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

Yeah, I've seen the Drunken Master stance, because during my brief experience with Masterwork, I exclusively played adventure mode, and therefore had access to the drunken master stance at will. It turned out to be obscenely powerful. Or maybe I just got lucky. Who knows?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »

Caravans are indeed there as intended.
Have you seen them at your depot? For me there was an announcement only.
The wiki says civ needs all [COMMON_DOMESTIC_ tags to use them to a full extent. That will cause demon girls bring pet chickens and piglets though.
Also at the embark screen there were only soul wisps and trolls available. And wisps only when negotiating with liaison.
I don't have any other mods.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

easy fix is to let an EVIL pet or something to that effect that can Pull wagons and have trade compacity. I think your deep seccubi use evil pets, Idk haven't downloaded it lol

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »

Have you seen them at your depot? For me there was an announcement only.
The wiki says civ needs all [COMMON_DOMESTIC_ tags to use them to a full extent. That will cause demon girls bring pet chickens and piglets though.
Also at the embark screen there were only soul wisps and trolls available. And wisps only when negotiating with liaison.
I don't have any other mods.

The wagon were there and they moved toward the depot. I should have let them drop their supplies before moving on to be sure but nothing changed for me since the previous version.
The wiki seems to be inaccurate about the COMMON_DOMESTIC tags, at least when you have access to evil and cavern pets.

COMMON_DOMETIC_PULL added wagons and the ability to trade, PACK added to goblin allowed them to come to trade too using elf style pack animals. Perhaps the lack of PACK cause this issues on some, but not all forts. Like for example caravans not falling back on the second method should the depot not reachable by wagon.

I'll try modifying nightmares to fill theses roles, after all I had the perfect creature right under my eyes all this time.

Edit: Okay, so adding an underground biome is a sure way to give the succubi access to a creature. In this case, I made nightmares pets and added caverns in their list of habitats. This seems to add trading abilities to them without any COMMON_DOMESTIC tags.
But... this gives trading to the deep succubi. So I revoked their access to evil animals, I restored their access to soul wisp by removing the creature's evil tag. This will probably have the side effect of making stray wisps appear in caverns.
I am afraid that despite all of this, this issue is not fixed. Perhaps the game checks for tags and not creatures when it is time to spawn traders. I'll try making a trade depot unfit for wagons to see what happens.

EVIL alone is not enough to give access, my guess is that non caverns creatures requires the civ to be on the accurate biome first, afaik you can't enforce a start on evil biomes. However it filter the creature for other races.

Edit edit : It is working, both when the depot is available for the wagons or not.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:22:21 am by Boltgun »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »

About summoning. Is that transformation of summoner really necessary? It is both exploity, since the summoner is healed of everything for free, and inconvenient, because transformation causes them to drop their gear and they usually tend not to wander off in search of new one.

Also, what's wrong with formatting in some of the files? creature_fooccubus_deep.txt for example is a mess without newlines.

Oh, and you cannot milk your citizens.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:37:08 pm by Di »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2013, 04:52:02 pm »

If you see a file with no visible formatting, try Notepad++ (Putnam uses it everywhere)
._.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2013, 01:36:08 am »

About summoning. Is that transformation of summoner really necessary? It is both exploity, since the summoner is healed of everything for free, and inconvenient, because transformation causes them to drop their gear and they usually tend not to wander off in search of new one.

Also, what's wrong with formatting in some of the files? creature_fooccubus_deep.txt for example is a mess without newlines.

Oh, and you cannot milk your citizens.

The transformation is unfortunately necessary, I had no other options to immobilize the worker until the interactions are done. My other attempts made the process very unreliable.

You'll need notepad++ or Sublime text to open the raws, sorry for the inconvenience. I work a bit on Linux and so windows notepad cannot read the line endings. You will be more comfortable with a code editor.

I found out you cannot milk your citizens, but I did not feel like removing it. It somehow made sense for me in DF's very precise creature descriptions.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:18 am »

Typo; you misspelled the whipper position as "whiper" in the entity file.
//Edit you also misspelled "priestess" as priestress.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2013, 02:09:45 pm »

I'll have those typos fixed asap along with a few sprites. I'll take any typo report as obviously English is not my first language.

I also discovered that an outpost liaison will visit your fort even if there is no trade to do and no matching position, perhaps I can work around this.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »

Your English is very good so don't worry :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42