Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 285427 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

I POST HERE FOR THE PURPOSES OF WATCHING

Also, I have no idea what just happened to this thread. I love you guys.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

O_O !

Has someone already seen this kind of demon ?
I know i haven't drawn, so I won't choose the monster, and that it's not a FB either (but a demon), but how can it be even possible ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey

They're donkeys. Donkeys have been called asses for thousands of years. When you insult someone by calling them an ass, you are in fact calling them a donkey. The scientific name for donkeys, asinus, reflects this.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ass

Noun
ass (plural asses)

1.  Any of several species of horse-like animals, especially Equus africanus, often domesticated and used a beast of burden.
2. (slang) A stupid person.
     Damn! That new kid left the cap off of the syrup bottle again! What an ass.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't know,
Thanks !

EDIT : You may think that I am a moron of some kind of illiterate, didn't knowing that ass was a donkey. I remind everyone that English is not my main language.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:10:08 pm by Inarius »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like to think that Toady used "ass" instead of "donkey" here because it has a more ancient and biblical ring (I understand the Bible's chock-full of asses), thus making it more appropriate for demons and things.

But maybe he just thought it was funny. Who knows.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

O_O !

Has someone already seen this kind of demon ?
I know i haven't drawn, so I won't choose the monster, and that it's not a FB either (but a demon), but how can it be even possible ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ass as in donkey, not butt.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hmm I kinda wonder if the material called TRANSFORMATION is like the other mod material syndromes and have a small shelf life? so Minera being made up of a short lived material that could boil away in room temperature means Minera would pretty much walk into a fort then explode and any one unlucky to stand next to her get a face full of Syndromes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

hmm I kinda wonder if the material called TRANSFORMATION is like the other mod material syndromes and have a small shelf life? so Minera being made up of a short lived material that could boil away in room temperature means Minera would pretty much walk into a fort then explode and any one unlucky to stand next to her get a face full of Syndromes.

That sounds rather terrifying on its own.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games

I'm surprised I got this far without needing NSFW functionality on the archive ???.

That sucks about your host, Rumrusher.  Do you have backups of your old art?  I might start backing up the images themselves.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile

EDIT : You may think that I am a moron of some kind of illiterate, didn't knowing that ass was a donkey. I remind everyone that English is not my main language.

Don't worry, many people with english as a first langauge don't know either. Just be glad there are no rooster FBs.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Don't worry, many people with english as a first langauge don't know either. Just be glad there are no rooster FBs.
Pfffffffffffft

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I say. Victor time?

(I have no idea where it's from, but it entertained me)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds rather terrifying on its own.
She pretty much a bogeyman caught in the cackling when the sun is up.
Though I wonder if due to that she hangs out in Colder environments, while wearing Blizzardmen Suits.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile

Alright, Winner time! Thank you to everyone who participated. (and sorry about that little tangent with minera/thesa, nearly derailed the thread hehe)

DeKaFu entered strong with a very creative interpretation; a beast that inherently has no form but instead molds the environment into its physicality.

Then k33n threw in a total abberation of nature; this is essentialy Minera's Horror Form. It reminds us that sometimes, Forgotten beasts are meant to stay Forgotten.

I have no idea which is scarier, a Forgotten Beast that you had no idea you were standing beside this whole time and could maybe even use your dead buddies into its form, or an euclidean horror using its many naughty bits to try and kill you. It was a very very close one and if I can choose both of you as a winner I would, but I'd just get rocks thrown at me and booed off-stage.

So CONGRATULATIONS k33n! Since k33n follows the theme of 'seduction' in Minera's name, I used that as a tiebreaker.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aww. :P I guess the FB description I have lined up will have to wait.

I'm looking forward to the next description. Drawing monsters is pretty much my thing, but I haven't actually drawn a single thing (before this) in about a year, and I'm hoping to get back in gear.

So expect more entries from me in the near future!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best of luck to the winner kinda silly picturing a shapeshifting seductress going around stealing stuff only forced to live in the arctic to avoid exploding and pretty much in the same mod universe as False_wing Shash.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87