Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 285429 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Make room for the big dog!
Spoiler: Itsy Bitsy FB (click to show/hide)

My first real picture done with a tablet! :D

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile

Make room for the big dog!
Spoiler: Itsy Bitsy FB (click to show/hide)

My first real picture done with a tablet! :D

Brewster cancels work; Attends new tablet user party!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:26:55 am by Brewster »

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

The pedipalps...that's a very explicitly male spider.

Also, awesome art.
Oh god, what if it made it's sperm web in a fortress...
Ø

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

The pedipalps...that's a very explicitly male spider.

Also, awesome art.
Oh god, what if it made it's sperm web in a fortress...

Have you ever actually seen one of those? If so, you would not make a jest of it! 'Tis a sight to make the mighty tremble, and the wise stutter!  8)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Lots' of entries this round  :)
I just realized that I don't have a clue what a tarantula actually looks like... ???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just for future reference, is the first or second version preferable?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well, it doesnt resemble a tarantula at all, but I'm sure nobody would be willing to challenge it if that's what it claimed to be :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my opinion, the first is better. But then, I always like a bit of background in images.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

That's not a tarantula. It isn't even a spider. That's Cthulu's abusive older brother.

I think I know who I'm voting for.
Also, I like the first version more. It gives it even more character.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

Still no one at the artifact thread?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile

You got your mask. Well, one entry anyway. :) Will throw in a chocolate spider on this end when I find me a better eraser.

Maybe take "contest" out of the thread titles? Are the self-declared non-artists holding back because of the connotation of evaluation and bad memories of high school art presentations? It's more important to have more entries. People should choose "winners" not for traditional technical merit, but for evidence of great dwarfiness in the mind of the creator. The contest bit is mostly there to keep the thread focused.

So let's go peeps! Join in! The more the merrier! Practise makes perfect! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Et cetera!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Just lack of time/energy for me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

You got your mask. Well, one entry anyway. :) Will throw in a chocolate spider on this end when I find me a better eraser.

Maybe take "contest" out of the thread titles? Are the self-declared non-artists holding back because of the connotation of evaluation and bad memories of high school art presentations? It's more important to have more entries. People should choose "winners" not for traditional technical merit, but for evidence of great dwarfiness in the mind of the creator. The contest bit is mostly there to keep the thread focused.

So let's go peeps! Join in! The more the merrier! Practise makes perfect! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Et cetera!
This guy knows whats up
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This guy knows whats up
I agree.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

This guy knows whats up
I agree.
Mark of approval, given.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

This guy knows whats up
I agree.
Mark of approval, given.

|  |  \_/ @  \_/  |  |
|  |__________|  |
 \                       /
   \___________/

The king's royal seal!

EDIT: I'm sorry for being so bad at ASCII.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:58:36 pm by ShadowHammer »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87