Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Delinquent Players Help  (Read 63754 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Delinquent Players Help
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2020, 02:33:12 am »

Opening replacement sign up for Tribe. Had a couple players drop out during the tutorial. Now we do have enough players, but 1 is afk 10% into the game. I just really want to be able to host this, now that things are finally set up.

Tribe is cooperative game where the ultimate goal is for a small group of individuals, with radically different skills and abilities, to survive the year, each other, and finally the winter.

If that sounds interesting hit me up here, or by PM. Thanks.

Edit: This offer has expired.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:27:28 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2021, 03:26:00 am »

I need a replacement for a player in a game (one that TricMagic and a1s are currently a part of) it is called The Grid. If you like tactical games like XCOM, Fire Emblem, Chess, etc., it is right up your ally.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2021, 07:49:59 am »

Need a replacement in an Era of Diesel game. Warning: you are on the losing side of a war, that's why the last guy quit. (OOC Thread)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 08:57:54 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »

I guess I should post here too:

Help SCP foundation get a creepy doll out of a mysterious house that seems to consist of copies of the same room. Sign up here.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2022, 07:40:48 pm »

So uh, you two might want to think about bumping this thread by asking for replacement players. This thread definitely isn't that (all the pages before this one agree). This is a (dead) game that youse are reviving and sort of hijacking, so I'd suggest starting a separate thread actually meant for finding players to replace dropouts or inactives.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2022, 10:11:54 pm »

Uh, not quite? This isn't actually a game thread, its just a way for people to crowdsource actions for a missing player in their own games. Asking for replacements certainly could be argued to not be the original intention of the thread (although its certainly an adjacent aim), but this isn't a dead game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2022, 11:50:35 pm »

It is functionally a dead game. Most of this thread can be boiled down to "Here's a situation" followed by "here's a ridiculous action" - that's like 80% of the games here. There's a specific format, and going "I need players" is not it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2022, 11:54:04 pm »

It is functionally a dead game. Most of this thread can be boiled down to "Here's a situation" followed by "here's a ridiculous action" - that's like 80% of the games here. There's a specific format, and going "I need players" is not it.
At the end of the day, though, does it really matter? The thread title still works for what they want to use it for, and nobody's using the thread for anything ELSE.
I know threads are free and we don't have to recycle, but it doesn't seem like an actual problem in any way.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 15, 2022, 12:08:39 am »

Thread title, as Maximum Spin said, and thread purpose as detailed in the first post, are not a game.

But that purpose isn't: a thread to request new players in.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:10:25 am by Eschar »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2022, 03:43:06 am »

Literally the 3 posts before mine are all requesting replacements (that was my whole page, since I browse at 15 post per page.) But I can see your point about the OP.
My game is too fast paced (quick actions, short updates) to meaningfully do what the OP describes, so I will not be doing that.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 15, 2022, 04:47:15 am »

This is the most GWG thread ever.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 15, 2022, 06:36:01 am »

This is the most GWG thread ever.
Facts
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]