Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909735 times)

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 5th August
« Reply #1200 on: August 08, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »

Is it just me, or are the laptop keybinds not working right?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 12, 2016, 07:41:05 am »

Is it just me, or are the laptop keybinds not working right?
they havent worked in a long long time

i got so fed up with having to change it so itll work right every release I just made my own key binding set
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 12, 2016, 07:52:16 am »

...Can you post it so that it can be included in the mod?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 12, 2016, 09:26:06 am »

...Can you post it so that it can be included in the mod?
http://puu.sh/qyLzB/47178e1dd0.txt
Lemme know if it works right

just copy that wall of text, put it in a txt file and call it interface
then find it in your DF folder and replace the one in there with this new one
should be located in MASTERWORK\Dwarf Fortress\data\init

Just know that youll have to replace it with every update

just note this is for laptops without a numpad
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:47:55 am by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 13, 2016, 12:35:21 pm »

Is there a way to disable The Earth Strikes Back plugin after I generated a world and started a fort in it? I just found the perfect embark, but I forgot to turn it off :(

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 13, 2016, 01:18:17 pm »

Is there a way to disable The Earth Strikes Back plugin after I generated a world and started a fort in it? I just found the perfect embark, but I forgot to turn it off :(
You can type

tesb-job-monitor -living 0 -gem 0

into the console to disable the Living Stone stuff, which is the core of the mod.  It should then play basically how MW does with the mod turned off.  You'll need to do that on each load (or edit onLoad.init in the save folder).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 13, 2016, 01:42:51 pm »

Is there a 64bit Linux version of vanilla DF 43.03?

My current system is 64bit, and I've started to look at how to make a 64bit linux version of MDW, but the only 64bit version of vanilla I can find is 43.05 (not 03).  32/64 multilib madness I would like to avoid (but would really like to see that feature on a pinball machine).

dfhack and the other utilities I used to compile from source, so I'm going to try that route, if I get past the first hurdle.

(If I had a 32bit system, I could start with LNP, but alas sad face)

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 13, 2016, 02:49:56 pm »

Um, whenever I try to run arena in masterwork, dwarf fortress will freeze up and do nothing. Is there may way to fix this, or should I simply think of arena mode as a lost cause?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 14, 2016, 09:33:48 am »

Um, whenever I try to run arena in masterwork, dwarf fortress will freeze up and do nothing. Is there may way to fix this, or should I simply think of arena mode as a lost cause?

It did that to me a few times
Did you get a windows popup saying
"Dwarf fortress has stopped working"
If you dont I recommend patience, i went off and did something else for awhile and when I came back it had loaded

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 14, 2016, 12:32:02 pm »

Fixed, was on the wrong path.

I have MDF 1.13 + DF 43.03 + dfhack working on linux, gen'd a world and embarked, now debugging errors.  I have a Macbook now, too, may try to make a dist for that, but dfhack looks more problematic and the compile env on OSX is new to me there.

dfhack throws this error twice:
Code: [Select]
ools/reaction-trigger is not a recognized command.... without the leading "modt" which is odd, because a search of all the dfhack stuff shows it correctly.... ?

stonesense cannot load (of course), probably allegro issues, I have leads there.

multilevel is not a recognized command.

A few more lua errors as well.

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 15, 2016, 08:40:31 pm »

dfhack throws this error twice:
Code: [Select]
ools/reaction-trigger is not a recognized command.... without the leading "modt" which is odd, because a search of all the dfhack stuff shows it correctly.... ?

That's apparently normal. Some part of the settings system duplicates part of the last command in onLoad.init.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 15, 2016, 10:52:31 pm »

Can I switch between fortress races whenever? Like if I generate a world with the ability to play as succubi in fort mode, could I exit DF, switch it off and turn Hermit on, and then go and start a hermit game? Obviously any succubi forts I had would break, but I'm assuming I have no active forts during the switch. Is it doable?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 15, 2016, 10:55:32 pm »

If you generate a world with multiple playable races, you can switch between them (when starting a new fort, of course, not in the middle of a fort).
When you are embarking, one of the pages lets you select the civilization to play as.

They may not all be available if some die out in world gen, and some may not be available in certain locations if there aren't settlements close enough, though.

However, if you change which races are available in the launcher, that won't take effect until you generate a new world.

snowhusky5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 15, 2016, 11:22:07 pm »

It seems like the parchment image in the OP is somewhat out of date - orcs and succubi are missing...

Are there no plans to re-implement gnomes? They were a lot of fun in the old mod.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 15, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »

Are there no plans to re-implement gnomes? They were a lot of fun in the old mod.

Meph didn't do Gnomes, IndigoFenix did[Like Smake does Orcs and Boltgun does Succubi]. Any updating of Gnomes will have to be done by them, since its got some rather intricate DFhack stuff going on.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 166