Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 21092 times)

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

You can find the map I've generated here. In the end, I decided to just use the map generator that comes with the game. I haven't done any tweaks, but if any are necessary I have no problem doing that before starting. If there are no objections, I'll put the game up on Llamaserver and we can finally get started!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good to me. I guess we should have decided beforehand if we wanted a wraparound map, but I'm good with not having it wrap and just using this one.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Looks fine.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope my Capital ends up in that province bordering the three farmlands.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Looks good but wheres the image at, the link is just the map file.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

The game is now up on the Llamserver, so we can begin submitting pretenders. You can find the files (both map and mods, excluding Other People's Mods) necessary here. Hopefully nobody's nations are screwed up!

Just a friendly reminder: this game's victory conditions are owning and controlling 50%+1 capitals. In this case, that's four (out of six). You may wish to keep this in mind when designing pretenders and during the game.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay I have my pretender designed. Going to send it in but first let me tell you the name it got. I am quite proud of it: Akhier, God of Gods, Lord of Death, Lord of Luck, the Whirlpool, God of Many Names, He who Mounts the Clouds, Lord of Mischief
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

So, we basically know half of your magic and scale choices from the get go!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha that's one of my favorite things, analyzing and predicting pretenders based on names. I still have to figure out if I should go rainbowish or supercombatant... Or just use the frost father as a rainbow and summon frozen dead as my indy busters. So many choices.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

The thing with my pretenders is that I tend not to use them. I generally go for more of a scale based play combined with maybe the special of the chasis. For example in round 11 I used the one Tien Chi pretender with the bad event prevention and heavy scales. In round 12 I had some minor blesses but they where not important when compared to my scale use. Also I have to admit I don't care if people know my pretender overall. I did name round 12's pretender with everything about it and someone decoded what it meant within a very short amount of time.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am super envious of you guys that have sacred Mages. I predict that Upkeep will kill me before any of you get the chance.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Huh, I had not noticed that about my nation but I guess that makes sense what with all my mages having holy magic.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

I am super envious of you guys that have sacred Mages. I predict that Upkeep will kill me before any of you get the chance.

I suggest countering upkeep problems with Turmoil, Sloth, Death and Misfortune.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally figured out what I want to do with my pretender. Not sure it's what I should have done, but too late for that now!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

The game has started and already half the people have submitted their first turn. Looks like these first few turns will end up being quick, we might even fit more than one a day. Also I actually have a naming theme for this round which is better then the last couple rounds I have been in.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13