Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 102431 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

Echolocation +1.
Better brain +1.
Improve communication +1
Revise old neurotoxin ink projection system for distance and accuracy improvements (focus more on projectile than cloud applications).+1
Evolve the catale cast to produce fatty globuals rather then getting eaten, make them dary cows not meat cows.
+1
+1 This is quite good, this game. I like it.
+1
mmm... Obviously we need to deal with this "camo". The solution might lie in our brains. If we can use pulses of pressure via secondary jets to communicate perception information throughout the pack, the brain can recalculate the prey's position. Basically using multiples point of view transmitting a general area where the prey is to build a 3D brain imagery of the surroundings.
Furthermore, the hearing could recalibrate itself to ignore the humming sounds. Quite easy (human brain does it automatically). And the electric perception could be multifrequential to prevent synchronisation (the equivalent of randomly quickening/slowing down our pulse to a certain degree).

TL;DR mainly improving "software", slight changes to the "hardware". Result in better brain, open door to further brain/group improvement.
+1
Evolve larger brain

Evolve sharper claws, to make them act like scissors on vegetation\shelled prey
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2013, 08:02:43 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:04:23 pm by Edio »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are honored.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2013, 11:16:37 am »

Wow. This is going faster than I expected. Intelligence has EIGHT VOTES. Okay, in case anyone wants any last votes in:

VOTES-

Echolocation x6
Intelligence x8
Communication of location x7
Change frequencies of sound/electricity x3
Scissor-like claws x2
SNIPAH NEUROTOXIN x6

Cattle-caste guideling 'milk' x5

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »

Change frequencies of sound/electricity x3
Scissor-like claws x2
+1 to each
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2013, 01:22:25 pm »

EVOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Echolocation- 2+1=3, Intelligence- 3+2=5, Communication between pack- 5+1=6, SNIPAH NEUROTOXIN- 2+2=4, guideling milk- 5, Change frequency- 3

(seems that the random number gods don't like you today.)

The pack flapper is a highly social species of flapper. These animals coordinate their hunts with expert precision, using fields of electricity, loud calls and infrasound and ultrasound to communicate. The ultrasound also gives it the ability to echolocate. The jets on its side can now build the neurotoxin to a high pressure, before 'sneezing' it out. It usually ends up as a spray, but it gives at least a little precision. However, this has hindered its breathing ability in the water, and the animal generally stays in the air now.

Hives are still underwater. The guidelings are now expert gliders, and can easily find their way back to the hive. The cattle caste, however, is now able to produce fatty globs from its mouth, so it can continue to grow without having to be eaten.

The land below us is continuing to evolve. Herbivores are growing, carnivores are growing, and plants are growing. The carnivorous spearfaced worms are now being pushed into smaller niches by the strong-boned, strong-jawed leggedgrinder, a powerful predator.

GENERATION 18:
Pack flapper
A murky green-and-brown tassled fish-like animal that hunts around the greenplains. They use their fanged tentacles to attack and kill their prey. They can fly. They grow up to 30 centimetres long, and their offspring are called tentaclets. They use two claws on their back to snatch prey from the ground or air.
SENSES: It has a sense of touch that lets it figure out if it's touching food, and an extremely good sense of smell/taste. Symbiotic guidelings help it find live prey. A keen electrical sense lets it find creatures that are close to it, and it can feel vibrations in the water from moving creatures. Its hearing is superb, and it can echolocate.
REPRODUCTION: It lets out male cells when they meet a mate they approve of, and growths grow inside of the womb. Tentaclets follow their mother until they can be dropped off at their hive. They eat mucus that the hive creates and, when they are large enough, find a suitable guideling to make a nest with.
MOVEMENT: They fly by using their large pectoral fins as wings and their thorachic fins as engines. They have two legs on their underside.
EATING: It impales small animals and digests them by drawing them into the guts. They are able to prey on fast swimmers, and they  use venom. Most of their food is from grazing worms and the dense vegetation. Other prey include land-dwelling spearfaced worms (slitherers) and other flappers.
PREDATION: We are mostly unpredated on the land.
COMPETITION: We are dominant in the air.
ENVIRONMENT: A lush plain of greenweed surrounding the lake and river.

HOME TERRITORY:  Greenweed plain
NEARBY ENVIRONMENTS: Near-barren mountain, Rocky shore, Cool uplands
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:21:02 pm by Eotyrannus »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2013, 01:32:01 pm »

Develop better, larger wings.

Develop better memory (orientation, ability to remember more different calls from pack members)

Develop scissor like claws
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2013, 01:52:44 pm »

Develop better memory (orientation, ability to remember more different calls from pack members)

+1

Our wings should also develop some bony structure allowing us to walk, althoug somewhat clumsily, on them. (and our legs).
Furthermore, we need to change that reproductive system now that we are less waterborne than airborne. Internal fecondation is a durable solution to this problem. To be crudely direct, we need proper sex.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:14 pm »

+1's
Evolve the hive to burow into the mud so that it is protected, keep a pasage to the surface open so guidlings and Tentaclets can access it.

Are our Tentaclets still aquatic? What about guidelings (not the guide cast but the rest)?

Furthermore, we need to change that reproductive system now that we are less waterborne than airborne. Internal fecondation is a durable solution to this problem. To be crudely direct, we need proper sex.
I'd like to not, even if we don't spend out adult lives in the water out larva and our symbiotes are still aquatic (I think)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:24:59 pm by kopout »
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THERE IS QUITE DEFINITELY A FATTY GLOB ON THAT CATTLE AND I QUITE DEFINITELY DIDN'T EDIT IT FIVE SECONDS AGO.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:34 pm »

What do you mean what am I talking about? I didn't say anything anymore

:P

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

Evolve the hive to burow into the mud so that it is protected, keep a pasage to the surface open so guidlings and Tentaclets can access it.
+1

I'd like to not, even if we don't spend out adult lives in the water out larva and our symbiotes are still aquatic (I think)
Not a reason not to improve our reproductive system, I think.
Full Sig

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »

Improve wings +1.
Improve brain +1.
Improve claws +1.
Direct mating +1.

Evolve hive to burrow into mud -1.

Begin laying eggs.
Begin implanting eggs and hives into neorotoxin-disabled leggedgrinders.
Improve neurotoxin potency and delivery.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62