Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122731 times)

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r45 - everything in one place
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2014, 05:14:21 pm »

Just thought I'd let you know that Disabling Aquifers in the Beta GUI doesn't work! Tried it twice, still Aquifers.

Also can anyone explain why Ironhands Graphics gives me better FPS than Pheobus?

Is there stuff missing in Ironhands or something?

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »

Is there a way to disable DFHack from running?

It seems to launch every time I launch DF through the GUI.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2014, 06:28:39 pm »

Just thought I'd let you know that Disabling Aquifers in the Beta GUI doesn't work! Tried it twice, still Aquifers.

Also can anyone explain why Ironhands Graphics gives me better FPS than Pheobus?

Thanks - known bug, still beta, etc.  It'll be great when it's done...

Almost certainly just natural variance in what's going on, unless a different FPS cap is set (in this pack not the case).  The graphics are a miniscule load compared to the rest of DF!

Is there a way to disable DFHack from running?

It seems to launch every time I launch DF through the GUI.

Yes, it's easy to disable.  In the 'Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11' folder, rename "SDL.dll" to "SDLhack.dll" and then "SDLreal.dll" to "SDL.dll".  Reversing this will re-enable dfhack. 

DFhack launches automatically, on Windows through a SDL hack (hence the above).  Be aware that you will lose many bugfixes and UI improvements if you do this!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2014, 07:37:09 pm »

Yes, it's easy to disable.  In the 'Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11' folder, rename "SDL.dll" to "SDLhack.dll" and then "SDLreal.dll" to "SDL.dll".  Reversing this will re-enable dfhack. 

DFhack launches automatically, on Windows through a SDL hack (hence the above).  Be aware that you will lose many bugfixes and UI improvements if you do this!

Thank you.

May I also ask what is font changer that you are using with this pack? As far as I can tell from the init it only refers to whatever tileset font png I have installed (in this case it's Obsidian). It looks way more streamlined and the GUI doesn't seem to tell me.

And you're right, I disabled DFHack (by uninstalling it like a prude) when I was playing yesterday and I was unable to melt snow in adventure mode. Thus killing my latest adventurer since he died of thirst while lying facedown in a field of snow. Tragic.

EDIT:

Actually no. Even with DFHack I am still unable to melt snow in adventure mode. This may be a bug? Not sure how well-known it is.

Does anyone know if I dance around a campfire would the snow on my boots melt enough for me to drink it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:53:23 pm by kuudou »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

You may be talking about Truetype? Iirc, F12 toggles it on or off, and the initial setting is an init option (and a button in the launcher).
 Donations here.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »

How do you change the dwarven graphic back to its vanilla in this LNP?
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »

How do you change the dwarven graphic back to its vanilla in this LNP?

Open
Code: [Select]
data/init/init.txtscroll down to
[GRAPHICS:YES]and change it to NO.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »

Thank you kind sir
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:11 pm »

This could really stand to be mirrored somewhere a little more robust, 15 minutes to download 80 megs is not very fast these days.

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2014, 01:40:47 am »

It seems that sometimes, hitting 'r' to assign a bedroom has this irritating habit of opening up the room information as well, adding an esc keystroke to assigning any bedroom.  Is there a way to disable this functionality?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2014, 09:00:54 am »

It seems that sometimes, hitting 'r' to assign a bedroom has this irritating habit of opening up the room information as well, adding an esc keystroke to assigning any bedroom.  Is there a way to disable this functionality?

That's the Alt key getting stuck after Alt-Tabbing from the game, a second alt-tab should fix it for a time. A different solution is to open the dfhack.init file, look for
# browse rooms of same owner
keybinding add Alt-R@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some gui/room-list
and change it to a different shortcut, or disable it by adding a # at the beginning of the line.

@PeridexisErrant: The objects folder of the CLA is set is also borked like the ASCII sets were borked. LNP r45.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:38:40 pm by fricy »

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2014, 07:32:52 pm »

Just suffered a really shitty tantrum spiral that no matter what I do is unstoppable from causing mass death in my fortress.
A couple of dwarves lost a friend in a siege.. ONE GUY DIED. This caused a massive tantrum spiral.. Everyone else was pure happy too!

Anyway using dfhack to improve moods? I've tried : Mood Happy, Happy , All Happy

is there any mood improvement command? Dont want to lose my fortress to this..

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
 Donations here.

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »

Is there any other place to download the most recent version of LNP, than DFFD.
I'm out on the road doing work, and it seems that DFFD really doesn't want to let me download it (or anything for that matter) most files reach about 2.5 mb and then stop, with no way to get them to restart/continue.

I've toyed around with this, and can easily download files from other sources (steam, rimworlds doanloader, eve patching), just seems to be something about hotel wifi and DFFD not working together.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »

:(  Unfortunately there's no official mirror at the moment (though anyone who promises to keep it up to date is welcome to host one).  Maybe try an unblocking service such as Hola, then a proxy?
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 385