Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126299 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_12 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1290 on: September 18, 2014, 03:15:16 pm »

Are you using TwbT?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 18, 2014, 05:37:25 pm »

I will paypal someone $25 to fix hauling so they stop taking barrels to items instead of items to the barrels.  The offer is real!
   While I can't fix it (nor can I fix it for bins either) but I can suggest some micromanaging that will help alleviate your problems. Say you have a 5x5 stockpile for whatever. Instead of just having that 5x5 area you make a 5x4 and a 5x1 area. You make the 5x4 allow as many barrels/bins as you want and the 5x1 not allow any barrels/bins. Then make the 5x4 area take from the 5x1 and only take from it. The 5x1 will then be the only valid space to store stuff and it doesn't allow barrels/bins so dwarves will just bring the stuff there. Then there will be stuff for the 5x4 to take from it and while they will haul the barrel/bin around to pick up stuff they only have to walk a few tiles.

I tried that, but in pile #2 without bins/barrels, they still take the damn seedbag and run away with it all the time.  I could live with them taking barrels of food away but that seed bag!  The seed bag needs to stay put!

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 18, 2014, 07:11:13 pm »

I will paypal someone $25 to fix hauling so they stop taking barrels to items instead of items to the barrels.  The offer is real!
   While I can't fix it (nor can I fix it for bins either) but I can suggest some micromanaging that will help alleviate your problems. Say you have a 5x5 stockpile for whatever. Instead of just having that 5x5 area you make a 5x4 and a 5x1 area. You make the 5x4 allow as many barrels/bins as you want and the 5x1 not allow any barrels/bins. Then make the 5x4 area take from the 5x1 and only take from it. The 5x1 will then be the only valid space to store stuff and it doesn't allow barrels/bins so dwarves will just bring the stuff there. Then there will be stuff for the 5x4 to take from it and while they will haul the barrel/bin around to pick up stuff they only have to walk a few tiles.

I tried that, but in pile #2 without bins/barrels, they still take the damn seedbag and run away with it all the time.  I could live with them taking barrels of food away but that seed bag!  The seed bag needs to stay put!

Best I can say is to just make a stockpile that only contains seeds and disallow barrels (sounds like you tried that). The good old plump helmet spawn spam will always be there but it's far less, as bags are lighter than barrels and dorfs can move around a lot faster with them. Trading in or embarking with a couple of bags with a few seeds each is better than one bag with a lot of seeds.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 18, 2014, 07:22:28 pm »

That does remind me that I should probably make a user option whether or not it should check for updates. I'll add that to my list of things to do.

That would be very appreciated. I've been wary of updating through the launcher because I don't know what that will do. Will it wipe everything clean, reset settings, and break my personal mods? Plus, I prefer to keep each version in it's own folder, so when going back to an older version to check on something, I don't want to be asked to update. I would rather move older saves to a newer version and still have the older version available if needed to compare things.

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

That does remind me that I should probably make a user option whether or not it should check for updates. I'll add that to my list of things to do.

That would be very appreciated. I've been wary of updating through the launcher because I don't know what that will do. Will it wipe everything clean, reset settings, and break my personal mods? Plus, I prefer to keep each version in it's own folder, so when going back to an older version to check on something, I don't want to be asked to update. I would rather move older saves to a newer version and still have the older version available if needed to compare things.

All it does is open the download page in your browser - you can then get a copy of the new version, and if you use the update script it copies stuff to the new version but leaves the old exactly as it was.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 20, 2014, 02:14:09 am »

All it does is open the download page in your browser - you can then get a copy of the new version, and if you use the update script it copies stuff to the new version but leaves the old exactly as it was.

Ah, okay. There was no indication it would take me to a website. It just asks if I want to update to the newest version, assuming it would do so automatically. As for the update script... not quite sure how that works. I tried it once and it errored out. Though, it is probably due to my "organized mess" of nested folder trees and labeling.

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 20, 2014, 06:19:47 pm »

They both check this url to see if a newer version is available, nothing sinister.  The PyLNP is going to get an option to disable this soonish. 

Thanks for the answer!  And yes, I would love some option to stop automatic updates.

fasquardon

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1297 on: September 20, 2014, 06:36:43 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r1!  As usual, you can get it here.

Many updates, including fixes for every single issue raised with the PyLNP - Pidgeot is a hero!  This is fast enough that 40.14 will lag the starter pack by days instead of hours  ;D

Changelog:
 - fixed PyLNP dfhack tab config
     NB:  activation of a dfhack option in PyLNP overrides non-activation in LNP.
          PyLNP thus defaults all dfhack options to deactivated.
** updated DF to v0.40.13
 - no graphics updates required immediately
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to 26.0
 - updated DFHack to 40.13-r1
 - updated PyLNP to v0.5; fixes the issues raised since last pack
 - fixed CLA_text.png some more
 - updated Isoworld to v2.1; handles new export names
 - updated TwbT to v3.43 (prerelease but stable)

MD5:  D1A8E45C1BBE2AD044B626032C54DA3C
 Donations here.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 20, 2014, 07:37:31 pm »

This is fast enough that 40.14 will lag the starter pack by days instead of hours  ;D

Jinx!

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »

They both check this url to see if a newer version is available, nothing sinister.  The PyLNP is going to get an option to disable this soonish. 

Thanks for the answer!  And yes, I would love some option to stop automatic updates.

fasquardon

As of PyLNP 0.5 (distributed in the 40.13 pack), you can do exactly that by choosing File > Check for updates > Never.

The very first launch will still check for updates (because the default is to check on every launch), but if you REALLY want to avoid that one too, you can create a text file named PyLNP.user in the same folder as PyLNP.exe, containing these lines:

Code: [Select]
{
  "updateDays": -1
}

This will prevent the program from ever checking for updates.

If you're the type who deletes everything before updating manually, you'll want to keep that file around, because this stores your settings for the launcher itself (including, of course, update checking frequency).

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 20, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »

Many updates, including fixes for every single issue raised with the PyLNP - Pidgeot is a hero!  This is fast enough that 40.14 will lag the starter pack by days instead of hours  ;D

Changelog:
 - fixed PyLNP dfhack tab config
     NB:  activation of a dfhack option in PyLNP overrides non-activation in LNP.
          PyLNP thus defaults all dfhack options to deactivated.
** updated DF to v0.40.13
 - no graphics updates required immediately
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to 26.0
 - updated DFHack to 40.13-r1
 - updated PyLNP to v0.5; fixes the issues raised since last pack
 - fixed CLA_text.png some more
 - updated Isoworld to v2.1; handles new export names
 - updated TwbT to v3.43 (prerelease but stable)

MD5:  D1A8E45C1BBE2AD044B626032C54DA3C
TPB/magnet link in my sig and on the archive page

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 20, 2014, 09:22:35 pm »

This is fast enough that 40.14 will lag the starter pack by days instead of hours  ;D

Jinx!
Yes, as soon as the Starter Pack comes out, it's time to start F5'ing the DF homepage :)

Thanks to PE for your tireless efforts keeping this whole pack together, and all of the contributors who get their stuff ready for PE so quickly.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 20, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »

Why is Text will be Text no longer included in the starter packs??  :-[  It makes the game unplayable for me, the default text hurts my eyes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:23:31 pm by Borge »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 20, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »

Why is Text will be Text no longer included in the starter packs??  :-[
It is. What are you having issues with?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 20, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »

You may need to activate it through the dfhack tab.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 385