Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122783 times)

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #1305 on: September 20, 2014, 10:21:10 pm »

You may need to activate it through the dfhack tab.

How would i go about doing this? I have no clue in DFhack, a step by step would be ideal. Thanks in advance.

Also it seems Dwarf Therapist is broken on my end, it crashes every time i attempt to launch it. Anyone else with this issue?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:24:05 pm by Borge »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 20, 2014, 10:31:43 pm »

I assume there is a "DFHack" tab in the launcher (PyLNP), which should contain a TwbT option. 
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 20, 2014, 10:33:13 pm »

I'm guessing he is using the graphics pack that comes with the starter pack as the default one which is just the regular phoebus version with 2D set as the print mode instead of the twbt version in the LNP\graphics section with the correct twbt stuff/init.

Edit: The overrides that come in the graphics packs are pretty much blank and make it so there are no weapon or item overrides if you use the PyLNP launcher but the old launcher doesn't overwrite the overrides still so those who used that are lucky.

For some reason there are .bak files when using the PyLNP launcher. d_init, init, inorganic_stone_layer.txt, mineral/soil. Interestingly enough the backups are the same as the regular txt files (they won't be loaded by dwarf fortress). The old launcher doesn't have this problem when tested on the 40.13 version. Also seems to do it when just loading up the PyLNP launcher.

It's also a bit annoying how the launchers default to the 120 pop cap, 100/50 fps cap, 100:1000 baby cap and change the loaded d_init/init to the values it wants.

The old launcher is having a opposite day party where the entombed pets setting is saying the opposite of what it is actually set to.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:30:33 pm by LeoCean »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1308 on: September 20, 2014, 10:42:28 pm »

I had the problem of TwbT not being on in my video I will have up later for the release. There are two things you need to check. First in the py launcher make sure Multi-Level View is on in the tab labeled DFHack. Then check the Graphics tab and make sure under Advanced the Print Mode is set to STANDARD.

Edit: Maybe have it so if the Multi-Level View is on either make the init.txt always have STANDARD for Print Mode or make it so when you turn it on the option in the Graphics tab is switched to Graphics and is locked to that or have a warning that changing it will disable the MLV.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:44:54 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 20, 2014, 10:51:29 pm »

I'm guessing you used the PyLNP launcher to install the graphics set and the actually overrides that were working got overriden because in the LNP\graphics area it just carries frankly blank overrides, just examples.

Where you can find a better overrides than the one shipped with the LNP anyways
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:55:02 pm by LeoCean »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 20, 2014, 11:55:53 pm »

How would i go about doing this? I have no clue in DFhack, a step by step would be ideal. Thanks in advance.

Also it seems Dwarf Therapist is broken on my end, it crashes every time i attempt to launch it. Anyone else with this issue?

No idea on DT, sadly.  For TwbT, open either launcher and go to the last tab - then ensure multilevel is turned on. 

I'm guessing he is using the graphics pack that comes with the starter pack as the default one which is just the regular phoebus version with 2D set as the print mode instead of the twbt version in the LNP\graphics section with the correct twbt stuff/init.

Edit: The overrides that come in the graphics packs are pretty much blank and make it so there are no weapon or item overrides if you use the PyLNP launcher but the old launcher doesn't overwrite the overrides still so those who used that are lucky.

For some reason there are .bak files when using the PyLNP launcher. d_init, init, inorganic_stone_layer.txt, mineral/soil. Interestingly enough the backups are the same as the regular txt files (they won't be loaded by dwarf fortress). The old launcher doesn't have this problem when tested on the 40.13 version. Also seems to do it when just loading up the PyLNP launcher.

It's also a bit annoying how the launchers default to the 120 pop cap, 100/50 fps cap, 100:1000 baby cap and change the loaded d_init/init to the values it wants.

The old launcher is having a opposite day party where the entombed pets setting is saying the opposite of what it is actually set to.

All graphics packs have TwbT enabled, but the multilevel view has to be truned on through the dfhack tab - this seems be causing issues, so next pack it'll just be on through dfhack.init

I'll fix the overrides issue, I must have added the basic one instead of Meph's version.  Use of specific overrides on a per-graphics-pack basis is coming, but will have to wait for the old launcher to be phased out (it can't do this). 

The launchers should both preserve any non-graphical settings when installing a graphics pack.  Is something else happening?

Maybe have it so if the Multi-Level View is on either make the init.txt always have STANDARD for Print Mode or make it so when you turn it on the option in the Graphics tab is switched to Graphics and is locked to that or have a warning that changing it will disable the MLV.

Basically we want to keep the launcher generally useful, so assuming the presence of TwbT is out and it's not so mature yet that we have logic to check for everything.  Even then, the dfhack list is customised through the config file so we'd need some crazy checking for special cases and a way to define all the particular behaviour, to the point where it'd be a lot easier just to fork the launcher each time.  The printmode setting also has many more effects than just TwbT - Rendermax, Stonesense, other graphics, Truetype, stability...  if you have a better idea for the tooltip it'd be great to hear.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1311 on: September 21, 2014, 12:16:24 am »

Ah, I did not know it was separated like that. I just assumed since you set both from the launcher you could do something like "if multilevel = true then printmode = standard". As for the tool tip maybe just adding something like "requires standard print mode" to it though from experience (I didn't check the tool tip) people will still be clueless overall.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:19:18 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 21, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

Is the DFHack multi-level view not working with the current version?  I have it enabled in my launcher and have DFHack running, but no multi-level view :(  Kinda miss it.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1313 on: September 21, 2014, 12:33:02 am »

Check if the Print Mode is set to STANDARD. I had the problem in my latest video where even though I turned on the multi-level view the print mode was set to 2d.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 21, 2014, 02:09:39 am »

Print mode is set to STANDARD, and Multi-level view is on, still no TwbT working.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 21, 2014, 02:44:51 am »

Yah mine is set as standard as well, still no multi view.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 21, 2014, 03:17:23 am »

Worst case, type "multilevel 5" into dfhack to see five levels - any number 0-15 inclusive works. 

Enabling it through the dfhack tab *should* work though.
 Donations here.

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:00 am »

There's been a change in the format for repeat script usage (I found a post by Lethosor or Quietust (or maybe someone else, can't find it now lol)). New format needs [ ] around the command e.g.

Code: [Select]
repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ cleanowned X ]
Without the square brackets (and the space after/before) it throws a red text wobbler and does not work.

edit: ... and "enable stocks autochop" is missing from the "# Other interface improvement tools" set in dfhack.init
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:57:58 am by muppet9876 »

IronBat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:05 am »

Yes Dwarf Therapist is broken on my end too, same problem. I have uploaded a save for splinterz to look at on the official Therapist thread. Fingers crossed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:05 am »

There's been a change in the format for repeat script usage (I found a post by Lethosor or Quietust (or maybe someone else, can't find it now lol)). New format needs [ ] around the command e.g.

Code: [Select]
repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ cleanowned X ]
Without the square brackets (and the space after/before) it throws a red text wobbler and does not work.

Thanks - I'll test this and put it back in soon.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 385