Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122757 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1485 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »

Anyone experiencing more crashes than normal lately?  Since r3 I'm getting random crashes.  Just had one switching floors from my forge area to the above floor where I was digging out to tap the magma.  Right when I went up the z-level the game crashed.  So not doing anything unusual.  This just started in r3.  Don't recall any crash issues before.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Taverius

• Bay Watcher
  • Curly says go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 07, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »

Something I noticed while I was switching ISPs - if you has no internets, the Starter Pack Launcher hangs for a while, and then throws an exception related to not finding dffd.wimbli.

You can continue, but its annoying.

Also, soundsense works best if the plugin in its /dfhack directory (called 'soundsense') is used instead of the basic 'soundsense-season' that's in the default dfhack init.

Maybe put the script in the hack directory and make a dfhack option for it? soundsense-season should be disabled when running it, I think.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 07, 2014, 02:01:54 pm »

Something I noticed while I was switching ISPs - if you has no internets, the Starter Pack Launcher hangs for a while, and then throws an exception related to not finding dffd.wimbli.

Also, soundsense works best if the plugin in its /dfhack directory (called 'soundsense') is used instead of the basic 'soundsense-season' that's in the default dfhack init.

Maybe put the script in the hack directory and make a dfhack option for it? soundsense-season should be disabled when running it, I think.
soundsense-season is a very short script that writes "[SEASON] has arrived on the calendar." to the gamelog when you load a game.  That's it.  It doesn't actually invoke SoundSense at all.

The reason it works is because SoundSense watches the gamelog for announcements like that to trigger specific sounds.  Season announcements trigger seasonally-appropriate background music.  Without that initial announcement, SoundSense wouldn't know what to play (and operate with no background music until the next season change).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 07, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

Anyone experiencing more crashes than normal lately?  Since r3 I'm getting random crashes.  Just had one switching floors from my forge area to the above floor where I was digging out to tap the magma.  Right when I went up the z-level the game crashed.  So not doing anything unusual.  This just started in r3.  Don't recall any crash issues before.
Have you tried disabling TwbT?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Taverius

• Bay Watcher
  • Curly says go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 07, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »

soundsense-season is a very short script that writes "[SEASON] has arrived on the calendar." to the gamelog when you load a game.  That's it.  It doesn't actually invoke SoundSense at all.

The reason it works is because SoundSense watches the gamelog for announcements like that to trigger specific sounds.  Season announcements trigger seasonally-appropriate background music.  Without that initial announcement, SoundSense wouldn't know what to play (and operate with no background music until the next season change).
I know, but its duplicated information if you run the full 'soundsense' script at the same time.

Sometimes that does nothing notable, and sometimes you get 2 season musics playing concurrently.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1490 on: October 07, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

Have you tried disabling TwbT?

Also I remind that I'd be happy if people who experience crashes could enable and upload crash dumps as per instructions in this post.

Dusty328

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 10, 2014, 07:36:46 pm »

Just installed r4. My livestock and animal assignment lists no longer show genders! Help!  Is there an easy setting for this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 10, 2014, 10:06:56 pm »

Is the "zone" plugin enabled (run "enable zone" in the DFHack console)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dusty328

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:29 pm »

"enable zone" doesn't seem to do anything in the console. It just goes to the next line without any notifications (or errors).

For clarity:

in U , no gender symbols
in q - a (assigning an animal to a chain), no gender symbols
in z - animals , gender symbols are displayed.   

In previous versions of the LNP gender signs were shown on all menus.

Meradanis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

Question: When I create a world and search for a site to embark, I have colorful ASCII symbols only. But I saw several youtube videos where people used the starter pack and had little elves etc. on their world map. How do I enable that option ?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 11, 2014, 12:36:22 am »

Changing the PRINT_MODE: to TWBT_LEGACY in your data\init init.txt file.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 11, 2014, 12:57:00 am »

Just installed r4. My livestock and animal assignment lists no longer show genders! Help!  Is there an easy setting for this?
No idea what's happening here, but I think it's probably a dfhack change - the starter pack is running dfhack defaults on this. 

Question: When I create a world and search for a site to embark, I have colorful ASCII symbols only. But I saw several youtube videos where people used the starter pack and had little elves etc. on their world map. How do I enable that option ?
Changing the PRINT_MODE: to TWBT_LEGACY in your data\init init.txt file.
As well as setting TWBT_LEGACY, you'll also need to find a tileset that has these symbols to set as FONT - otherwise you'll just have fuzzy and stretched ascii, and even with the required tileset I don't think it's worth it to have large and ill-kerned text. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1497 on: October 11, 2014, 06:29:03 am »

As well as setting TWBT_LEGACY, you'll also need to find a tileset that has these symbols to set as FONT - otherwise you'll just have fuzzy and stretched ascii, and even with the required tileset I don't think it's worth it to have large and ill-kerned text.

What? In legacy mode world map will use GRAPHICS_FONT.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 11, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

For some reason it loaded the graphics the same size as the text graphics (that small curse font but I can't get it to do that now with 5.25).

Ok that was a lie seems my twbt tilesize 18 18 ticked in when I had twbt mode on so I wasn't getting that wrong size. Well it still looks better than my earlier test with twbt_legacy. Before though the text went small and unblurry, the fact that it doesn't go small and unblurry saves me from the nightmare that happened before when it was correct but the graphics were rectangles and super small like the font. (ok the reason for the uglyiness before was 5.12 twbt, 5.13 fixed it so it was a blurry 16x16 I think) Ah I don't know about the blurry graphics anymore never mind it's caused by TWBT_LEGACY.  (I was checking it with different twbt versions 5.13,.12,.19.25..... with twbt/legacy)

Twbt_legacy does not seem to have the zoom commands included in it. Version 5.25 included. Honestly a second/third version of next gen where the map was overwritten like in old gen wouldn't be the end of the world would it? Until you did the map thing for next gen. And it'd satisfy people more than old gen does as theres issues with it's graphics (the shadows for one), the blurry text if the graphics and font tilesets are different sizes and the fact twbt tilesize xx xx doesn't work or the keybinding add Ctrl-G "twbt tilesize smaller" doesn't work in it.

I don't know if you fixed the PYLNP launcher in r4 but in r3 it will not change printmode from it. Seems to be a similar issue in r2. I don't want to download r4 just to check that though, I already downloaded r3 to see what issues the smaller text caused after I had the fixes of r3 before r3 was uploaded.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:42:50 pm by LeoCean »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 11, 2014, 05:29:50 pm »

A new PyLNP has just been released - 0.6 should solve all these issues. Better map support in TwbT is planned in general, keeping bug reports.to the latest versionomakes it much less confusing.

What? In legacy mode world map will use GRAPHICS_FONT.
And the text, using FONT, will be rescaled from 8x12 to 16x16 and look fuzzy.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 385