Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126681 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1515 on: October 15, 2014, 02:31:04 am »

It's a TwbT bug since fixed - get the newer plugin from http://build.mifki.com/
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1516 on: October 15, 2014, 02:35:46 am »

Ah, much appreciated

Edit: Yep, that fixed it right up
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:53:44 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

peri609667

• Bay Watcher
  • I am shocked and appalled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 16, 2014, 05:36:08 am »

I'm having trouble getting the graphics packs to work properly. I'm using phoebus and the main view works once I've embarked but any other time (world gen, selecting embark location, map tab) it displays in ASCII. Any idea what's going on? Never had this issue with previous versions.
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:04 am »

You can use TWBT_LEGACY printmode in the init.txt in data/init to have the regular map, I've asked for the "next gen" version to include that map but...

peri609667

• Bay Watcher
  • I am shocked and appalled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 16, 2014, 08:26:49 am »

You can use TWBT_LEGACY printmode in the init.txt in data/init to have the regular map, I've asked for the "next gen" version to include that map but...
Awesome that worked, thanks. The text seems sort of stretched and blurry compared to 0.34.XX packs but I'm fine with it for detailed maps again.
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 16, 2014, 08:41:59 am »

Well you should probably switch back to TWBT once you embark and the game saves as TWBT_LEGACY is kind of outdated in some areas.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1521 on: October 16, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r5!  As usual, you can get it here.

This one is more of a 'normal' update than we've had for a while - miscellaneous upgrades and bugfixes.  The PyLNP has a few fixes, and now shows which keybindings, color scheme, and embark profiles you have installed.  TwbT no longer interferes with following a unit.  Large grazers no longer starve, so bring on the war elephants!  There are a couple of other tiny patches, but that's the important stuff - time to strike the earth!

Changelog:
 - updated PyLNP to v0.6
 - updated Legends Viewer to v1.13.21; misc bugfixes
 - updated TwbT to v5.24; misc bugfixes
 - removed TwbT zoom keybindings, as normal zoom now works (zoom text at main menu)
 - updated all graphics to fix Grazer issue (large animals starving)

MD5:  CE05680D5AD3C9BF66C87F6C7E337326
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 16, 2014, 07:48:55 pm »

Thanks for the excellent work curating all the stuff that makes DF playable.

Just an FYI, Norton flags pylnp.exe as malware based on it having near-zero history with their users.  Just restore the file, and after enough people do that it will stop getting flagged for future users.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_13 r5!  As usual, you can get it here.

This one is more of a 'normal' update than we've had for a while - miscellaneous upgrades and bugfixes.  The PyLNP has a few fixes, and now shows which keybindings, color scheme, and embark profiles you have installed.  TwbT no longer interferes with following a unit.  Large grazers no longer starve, so bring on the war elephants!  There are a couple of other tiny patches, but that's the important stuff - time to strike the earth!

Changelog:
 - updated PyLNP to v0.6
 - updated Legends Viewer to v1.13.21; misc bugfixes
 - updated TwbT to v5.24; misc bugfixes
 - removed TwbT zoom keybindings, as normal zoom now works (zoom text at main menu)
 - updated all graphics to fix Grazer issue (large animals starving)

MD5:  CE05680D5AD3C9BF66C87F6C7E337326
I'm travelling through Saturday, so if someone else feels like putting together a torrent it would definitely not hurt my feelings.... <_<

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »

Does this new version fix any performance bugs?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 16, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »

Nope.  The only in-game bugs it fixes relate to following units, and the pasture requirements for grazers.
 Donations here.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 16, 2014, 11:55:02 pm »

Nope.  The only in-game bugs it fixes relate to following units, and the pasture requirements for grazers.

Aw man, i hoped i could play the new version, but i get some horrible FPS when trees start dropping crap all over the map & some other unknown reasons.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 17, 2014, 05:59:09 am »

When switching from r4->r5 dropped items/stockpiles (carried over with the save) changed from being displayed as icons to being just black squares. I suppose something has happend to the phoebus_16x16 tileset I'm using, or tilesets in general. I haven't done any deeper investigation of what's affected, but it's at least several types of clothing. I assume it's something simple that's broken, but if you want me to do a deeper investigation I can do that.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:14 am »

So they use to look like clothes but now they all look the same right? It's to do with the overrides tileset and the overrides.txt. Is there a overrides.txt in your data/init folder and a Vanilla DF - 24x - Items in your data/arts folder.

bigolslabomeat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 17, 2014, 10:50:38 am »

So they use to look like clothes but now they all look the same right? It's to do with the overrides tileset and the overrides.txt. Is there a overrides.txt in your data/init folder and a Vanilla DF - 24x - Items in your data/arts folder.

Having same issue as PatrikLundell.

Extracted zip, ran copy batch file, applied Spacefox tileset and loaded up the game.  Lots of items are now black squares and quite a lot of tiles are not the same (I think the differing tiles are an update as there are new files in the art subfolder).

I have both the files you mention, they appear identical in r4 and r5.  Anything that I can try differently to test or more information I can provide?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 385