Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122702 times)

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1920 on: December 10, 2014, 06:10:50 am »

I'm having this extremely frustrating problem with this TWBT v0.40.19 . I've tried changing the settings for it in the dfhack.init to change the visual size of this hack on the non-legacy mode.

"twbt tilesize 32 32" ( with and without quotes )

keybinding add Shift-O "twbt tilesize smaller"
keybinding add Shift-P "twbt tilesize bigger"

and trying to fiddle around with them have all resulted in absolutely nothing ! On normal TWBT mode the text is waaay too small on my monitor using the Mayday graphics pack.

TWBT legacy mode also looks terrible and strecthed

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:19:31 am by Balgias »

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 10, 2014, 07:26:04 am »

You could try this:
...go to your init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx\data\init and change the font and Fullfont to =  [FONT:Phoebus_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Phoebus_16x16_text.png].

Or go https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics look up w.e tileset you are using and maybe there's a font set there for you to use, there is one for phoebus. There should be a way to change the font size, I forget what it is. I don't think its a twbt option though.

Works like a charm for me and gets rid of the blurry curse font set. I don't know if it works with 32x32 tileset size though. You might have to find a fitting text tileset or make the text.png larger yourself.

But my text looks like this again and I'm happy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Peridexis, 40_19r2 works like a charm, thank you!
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 10, 2014, 11:47:48 am »

Lazy Newb Pack seems to not see the default graphics pack.
By accident screwed up with graphics and mixed IronHand/Phoebus with ASCII. I don't know how to revert it.

EDIT: Checked it again: It screws u with graphics at start, even if I take 640x300 ASCII graphics in Customization tab.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:24:55 pm by Volfgarix »

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 10, 2014, 01:28:47 pm »

I'mhaving a problem with the truetype setting where the words have the last part cut off..when I set something to be dumped sometimes the D show up and sometimes it doesntbut if I continue to give the order it will eventually show up..but if I scroll up to the next item in the list the D poofs.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #1924 on: December 10, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »

Two newbie questions from me:

- How do I disable left clicking counting as selecting a square? I find this default behaviour extremely annoying
- How do I change the hotkey for displaying hoykeys (ctrl + F1). For some reason it often bugs out and triggers on just pressing F1. This is my MAIN zoom to entrance hotkey so this gets annoying fast.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 10, 2014, 03:07:40 pm »

- If you're referring to the default fortress mode view, use "disable mousequery" in the DFHack console. There might be an option in the launcher to make this a permanent setting ("mouse controls"?). If you're referring to using the mouse when designating tiles, that's built in to DF, so there's no way to disable it. Also, what makes it annoying for you?
- If you're using DFHack 0.40.19-r1, it should be bound to Alt-F1 as well. If not, you can add it by adding this line to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Ctrl-F1 hotkeys
(You can use many other key combinations as well, if you like - DFHack supports A-Z, F1-F9, and any combination of Alt, Shift, and Ctrl. Note that these are case-sensitive - "Alt-F1" will work, while "alt-F1" and "Alt-f1" will not.)

Edit: Do you mean that pressing Ctrl-F1 zooms to your entrance, or that F1 displays the DFHack hotkeys screen?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 10, 2014, 03:49:58 pm »

- If you're referring to the default fortress mode view, use "disable mousequery" in the DFHack console. There might be an option in the launcher to make this a permanent setting ("mouse controls"?). If you're referring to using the mouse when designating tiles, that's built in to DF, so there's no way to disable it. Also, what makes it annoying for you?

Edit: Do you mean that pressing Ctrl-F1 zooms to your entrance, or that F1 displays the DFHack hotkeys screen?

- Thanks for that! I've disabled mousequery. I only use the keyboard to play dwarffortress but I use the mouse for my web browser/dwarf therapist. I find every time I click back into dwarffortress I'm in the query screen and my first few keyboard commands are ignored. The fix for this would for mouse query to only recognise left clicks when the DF window was already in focus... but this is probably no biggie for most player. I'm just fussy and couldn't figure out how to turn it off!

- Pressing F1 displays the DHHack hotkeys screen. I've had this problem with some other dfhack hotkeys, periodically they run without shift being pressed. (Windows 8.1, sticky keys disabled)

Also want to say thanks SO much to all the people who work on DFHack and Starter Pack, it's amazing :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 10, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »

Hm. I know there's a problem with Alt becoming "stuck" with DFHack keybindings on Windows. Does pressing and releasing "Ctrl" (and/or "Shift") fix your problem?
Also, I can't seem to reproduce the problem with mouse presses triggering when the DF window is unfocused on OS X. It could be another Windows-specific problem. As far as I can tell, mousequery uses DF's mouse input system, so it could be an SDL issue. Does the same problem occur when designating an area (e.g. do mouse clicks select tiles after pressing d-d if DF isn't focused)?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 10, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »

Two newbie questions from me:

- How do I disable left clicking counting as selecting a square? I find this default behaviour extremely annoying
- How do I change the hotkey for displaying hoykeys (ctrl + F1). For some reason it often bugs out and triggers on just pressing F1. This is my MAIN zoom to entrance hotkey so this gets annoying fast.

You can edit the hotkeys key in dfhack.init - remove the Alt-F1 line, or simply tap alt to reset the key.

Dfhack "mousequery disable", and to make persistent remove "mousequery" from dfhack.init
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 10, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

"mousequery disable" does not actually disable the plugin (in fact, it does nothing). "mousequery plugin disable" does work, but, as I mentioned above, so does "disable mousequery" (which is more consistent).
Edit: Actually, you may be right about hotkeys triggering due to Alt being stuck (the problem could occur if either Alt or Ctrl were stuck). That doesn't explain why Shift would appear to be stuck, unless there are keybindings bound to Alt-... and Shift-... that I'm not aware of.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:47:00 pm by lethosor »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1930 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »

Speaking of hotkeys it might just be me being blind but is there a list of the default ones for the pack somewhere?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 10, 2014, 11:08:22 pm »

Speaking of hotkeys it might just be me being blind but is there a list of the default ones for the pack somewhere?

In dfhack.init - they're the same as the default dfhack settings.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 11, 2014, 03:38:35 am »

Okay thanks for the help everyone :)

I've removed "mousequery" from the dfhack.init. I guess I was just confused because it wasn't listed under the hacks section of the starter pack GUI. (I also checked for you, clicking to dig a tile while dwarf fortress doesn't have focus DOES mark a square for digging. It also explains why sometimes I find a random dig designated tile on random z levels in random places).

Pressing ALT three times fixes my hotkey issue, it does seem to crop up quite often, I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause it. I wrote a little program to monitor the status of my Alt button and it doesn't seem to be sticking, so seems like it might be a dfhack/windows related issue.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 11, 2014, 03:56:48 am »

No idea how or when this occured, but at some point in the last few versions my dwarves no longer have the flashing Z over them when they sleep and I'm pretty sure some other graphics are missing as well.  No idea if this is due to starter pack changes or something else but the fort I'm running is pretty new and the problem was not there at first on an older starter pack version.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 11, 2014, 03:05:55 pm »

Does disabling TwbT change anything?

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 385