Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122726 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1995 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:25 am »

Okay, I can't find a way to use the burial script for the life of me. Can somebody please elaborate, because google didn't help neither did the search tool of this forum.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Draba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 19, 2014, 09:22:50 am »

It's one of the 'known issues' of TWBT. After zooming, press left/right (or up/down) arrow keys and the view should jump to the right position, with cursor on the unit/location.

Thanks, it was driving me insane. Noticed that the cursor keys move the view, but the dwarf I've selected is not there.
Will dick around it a bit more when I get home, probably just overlooked something.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 19, 2014, 09:35:48 am »

Ok, I typed burial like a bunch of times and now if I place a coffin it's auto designed to use in burial, which is really practical after a battle and you need to install a crap load of them. I wonder, if I activated manually or if it runs by itself and how to make it stop.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:14 am »

Ok, I typed burial like a bunch of times and now if I place a coffin it's auto designed to use in burial, which is really practical after a battle and you need to install a crap load of them. I wonder, if I activated manually or if it runs by itself and how to make it stop.
Isn't there an entry in the dfhack tab of the launcher to activate it?
Anyways you can use the repeat command to run it periodically, add something like this to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
repeat -time 5 -timeUnits days -command [ burial ] -name burialand you can stop it with
Code: [Select]
repeat -cancel burial

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 19, 2014, 10:19:06 am »

Thanks! I was trow off because the lack of "help" in the command.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: December 19, 2014, 04:10:30 pm »

Thanks! I was trow off because the lack of "help" in the command.
I'm pretty sure if you try "Dwarf Fortress.exe" -help your computer will laugh maniacally.  Don't try the -!!help!! option unless you have an up-to-date backup of all your data :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: December 19, 2014, 06:12:20 pm »

Isn't there an entry in the dfhack tab of the launcher to activate it?

It's under the 'automation plugins', or you can run it once by dfhack "burial".

Code: (PyLNP.json) [Select]
        "Other Automation plugins": {
            "command": "multicmd autonestbox start; repeat -time 1 -timeunits weeks -command burial -name burial",
            "tooltip": "more automation plugins - autonestbox, burial"
        },
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 19, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

Thank you very much!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: December 20, 2014, 02:39:30 am »

repeat -time 1 -timeunits weeks -command burial -name burial"
Afaik there's no 'weeks' timeunit defined in dfhack, so it should thrown an error when run.
dfhack.timeout(time,mode,callback)
Arranges for the callback to be called once the specified period of time passes. The mode argument specifies the unit of time used, and may be one of 'frames' (raw FPS), 'ticks' (unpaused FPS), 'days', 'months', 'years' (in-game time).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: December 20, 2014, 02:46:04 am »

repeat -time 1 -timeunits weeks -command burial -name burial"
Afaik there's no 'weeks' timeunit defined in dfhack, so it should thrown an error when run.
dfhack.timeout(time,mode,callback)
Arranges for the callback to be called once the specified period of time passes. The mode argument specifies the unit of time used, and may be one of 'frames' (raw FPS), 'ticks' (unpaused FPS), 'days', 'months', 'years' (in-game time).

Changed to 7 days, thanks.  I blame Putnam   :P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Janbure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: December 22, 2014, 06:54:14 am »

The crashes persist in 40.19 r3, it's not seasonal anymore, instead it seems somehow related to the pressure of the esc button.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:08 am »

The crashes persist in 40.19 r3, it's not seasonal anymore, instead it seems somehow related to the pressure of the esc button.
I don't think key pressure is even detected.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 22, 2014, 10:22:50 am »

I am also crashing occasionally when using the Esc button. But I highly doubt it has anything to do with pressure of which you push buttons...
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Ellatan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:37 am »

Hello! PeridexisErrant, thank you for all the hard work on the pack, it's been an absolute pleasure to use it in the past.

I realize that work on this pack is a hobby, and there are probably no approximate release dates for further updates. I haven't been following 0.40+ DF development closely, however, DF 40.22 seems to have a lot of significant changes over 40.19 that sound great on paper. What I would like to know is whether 40.19 is a fleshed out stable version, while 40.22 is more of an interim version, which is likely to be followed up by rapid updates to fix some serious errors. Should I be patient to wait for the Starter Pack to catch up or jump right in to 40.19 before DF stabilizes again between update cycles.     
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:44:12 am by Ellatan »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 22, 2014, 11:02:41 am »

What I would like to know is whether 40.19 is a fleshed out stable version, while 40.22 is more of an interim version, which is likely to be followed up by rapid updates to fix some serious errors.

More-or-less. Looking at the bugtracker it seems that the most serious bugs with the priority updates are fixed in .22, but time will tell.
Now we wait for ag/Quietust to update df-structures, then for splinterz to release DTherapist layouts and expwnent to release dfhack if/when all components are up-to-date with the .19+ changes. Best case scenario: new pack around xmas.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 385