Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126476 times)

mrhause

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #2040 on: December 30, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

Importing world from 40.23 into 40.19 is possible? It doesn't matter that much, I'm already created new world. Old one had so many necromants doing nothing but writing legendary books.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 30, 2014, 08:46:43 am »

No. Once you've saved a world, you can't load it into an older version.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

OpT1mUs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 30, 2014, 11:11:12 am »

When will the pack with the latest DF version be available?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 30, 2014, 10:04:25 pm »

When will the pack with the latest DF version be available?
I'd say a week, give or take three months. :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

zeke47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:37 am »

well the update didn't change *much*, is possible to copy the new version into the current pack?

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 31, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

well the update didn't change *much*, is possible to copy the new version into the current pack?

Well, there's one way to find out. Make backups of your save games and give it a try.  ;) :D :P

Kritickill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 01, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »

You can copy the images folder and the executable into a download of vanilla DF and it will work. You'll get the LNP GUI and graphics packs, but you won't have Therapist, DFhack, and many other utilities (Quickfort and Picturefort still work fine, but I don't know about any of the others). I've been doing this while I wait for the newest pack to come out, the game runs fine its just a pain in the ass not having Therapist.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 01, 2015, 10:03:39 pm »

Detailed instuctions on how to do that about 20 posts up. (page 135 for me)

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 02, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »

I know nothing about programing so forgive the back seat driving but shouldnt the modmakers get together with Toady and integrate things like dfhack and therapist into the base game so every new version doesnt break the past versions? Isnt it time to bring these pieces together ?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 03, 2015, 05:46:43 am »

I know nothing about programing so forgive the back seat driving but shouldnt the modmakers get together with Toady and integrate things like dfhack and therapist into the base game so every new version doesnt break the past versions? Isnt it time to bring these pieces together ?

A good - if off-topic - place to ask, because this is one of those topics that can often turn flamey.

The short answer is that it doesn't work like that; even Toady would have to work more like "reimplement" than "integrate". He also prefers to work on his own stuff (for personal and IP reasons) and is focussed on simulation features for now, since he sees the game as about 40 percent of the way to beta. Ultimately I think this works well, as he does work that no one can replace and we can fiddle with the edges.

He does however take suggestions - which are often refined through mod implementations - and Moddershall can often track and precisely describe a bug for Toady to fix. Further info is searchable, but I'd ask that further discussion happen in a different thread.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ChaosOrdeal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 03, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »

Hey, a recommendation for the Pack:  an option to nerf the weirdly powerful weapons like the whip.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 03, 2015, 07:56:07 pm »

Hey, a recommendation for the Pack:  an option to nerf the weirdly powerful weapons like the whip.

The mods interface I've come up with should be out in the next few weeks, and this kind of bugfixing will be a priority.
 Donations here.

ChaosOrdeal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 04, 2015, 03:11:18 pm »

The mods interface I've come up with should be out in the next few weeks, and this kind of bugfixing will be a priority.

Very cool.  Thanks for all the effort.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 05, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »

I just started coming back to DF after a LONG break... and um... There's no GUI in the 40_19 and I can't find a way to start the utilities in the nice format so I can actually EDIT things like what tileset is used and actually getting the utilities to start up upon starting the game.

TLDR; I have no way of opening up LNP to edit the tileset and change population limits and so on.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:53:37 pm by Oriolous »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:10 pm »

There's no GUI

Your antivirus ate it.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 385