Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126505 times)

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2085 on: January 06, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »

Awesome, thanks PeridexisErrant.  :D

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 06, 2015, 09:22:20 pm »

Okay, I'm a bit paranoid now. Why is it that when I save (or generate worlds), it starts to do the standard "Not Responding" thing? >w> I'm scared it will crash and I will lose progress. is it just the single-processor being overwhelmed or what?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2087 on: January 06, 2015, 09:26:19 pm »

The quick answer is yes. Just don't touch it so Windows doesn't notice. Basically because of all the stuff that now happens in the world while you are actually playing your fortress a bigger load is put on your computer when saving. I advise seasonal autosave as that will not only provide a recent save but also makes the load lighter by constantly saving it at a regular interval. Oh and if you don't mind it, let the world cull unimportant historical figures if you use the advanced world gen. Especially if you go for a large world or a long history (this will also potentially make saving faster).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 06, 2015, 09:29:01 pm »

I'm on Windows 8.1 and can't seem to get DF to load from the Starter Pack, even with DF Hack disabled or on default settings.  I downloaded vanilla DF and it runs fine, so what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 06, 2015, 11:49:10 pm »

Once again, PE and the DF modding community deliver. Thanks to you guys and Toady for all that you do.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 06, 2015, 11:55:25 pm »

How do i exactly install mods?

I tried adding the armory one, but i can't see any new weapons/armors on my enbark screen.

So far i've installed button's raws, plantfixes and stal's armory pack, both button's raws and plantfixes appear green, and stal's armory pack appears yellow, what does this mean? conflicts?

What about the "simplify mods" button?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 07, 2015, 12:50:52 am »

I tried adding the armory one, but i can't see any new weapons/armors on my enbark screen.

So far i've installed button's raws, plantfixes and stal's armory pack, both button's raws and plantfixes appear green, and stal's armory pack appears yellow, what does this mean? conflicts?

You can add mods to the pack by adding the folders to /LNP/Mods/; and then install them to DF by combining them in the upper list and hitting the "install mods" button.

The upper listbox is mods which are combined, but you need to hit the "install mods" button at the lower right to cop them to the DF folder.  It was labelled "installed" because it starts with the installed mods list, but I can see how it would be confusing (it'll be changed to "merged").

Yellow means minor issues; from memory it's added files rather than just editing them.

Simplify mods removes files that aren't needed; I've already done this but if you add a mod bundled with DF you can use that button to reduce file size.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 07, 2015, 01:46:56 am »

You can add mods to the pack by adding the folders to /LNP/Mods/; and then install them to DF by combining them in the upper list and hitting the "install mods" button.

The upper listbox is mods which are combined, but you need to hit the "install mods" button at the lower right to cop them to the DF folder.  It was labelled "installed" because it starts with the installed mods list, but I can see how it would be confusing (it'll be changed to "merged").

Yellow means minor issues; from memory it's added files rather than just editing them.

Simplify mods removes files that aren't needed; I've already done this but if you add a mod bundled with DF you can use that button to reduce file size.

I think the mod installer's a little wonky... Installing button's raws makes the stuff inside graphics folder disappear, most raws are gone, and of course the game won't work like that, etc.

Just giving you some input, i know it's beta, nice addition though, looking forward to see it more steamlined.

Also, the mods work if i just install them manually, right? I mean, the ones that come with LNP.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:54:42 am by gopp »

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 07, 2015, 06:44:12 am »

This i my first patch just started with 40_19 or whatever it was last week so I don't know this: Is my current save 100% compatible with upcoming patches? If not can I use my embark location day 0 save?

As to the OP you are so awesome man, thanks for all the work.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 07, 2015, 07:27:31 am »

I think the mod installer's a little wonky... Installing button's raws makes the stuff inside graphics folder disappear, most raws are gone, and of course the game won't work like that, etc.

Also, the mods work if i just install them manually, right? I mean, the ones that come with LNP.

I'd appreciate screenshots of this, to avoid miscommunication.  The /raw/graphics/ folder will be empty or nonexistent, but this isn't a bug - just that it can't also merge graphics yet.

They should work by drag-and-drop over the DF folder, but merge compatibility will be FAR lower that way so one only.  I also haven't tested or vetted them in any way, and know nothing more than what five minutes on DFFD turned up just before release.
 Donations here.

Xagothae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:16 am »

Peridexis, you're awesome. Keep up the great work.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:04 am »

From this various posts I read there are some problems on the pack, can you confirm ?

Or can someone upload/overwrite the fixed version ?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 07, 2015, 09:56:46 am »

The previous version (40_23 r1) was broken. It has already been fixed and replaced.
 Donations here.

lysaght

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 07, 2015, 10:00:03 am »

Thanks Peredexis!

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 07, 2015, 10:01:36 am »

I'm on Windows 8.1 and can't seem to get DF to load from the Starter Pack, even with DF Hack disabled or on default settings.  I downloaded vanilla DF and it runs fine, so what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks.

Okay I've got it running, but only when I boot DF directly from its own executable within the Starter Pack's folder.  If I boot it from the Starter Pack, it just hangs at a blank white window and crashes.  Changing DF's compatibility settings to Windows 7 also appear to create the problem as well.  Thoughts?
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 385