Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122738 times)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2100 on: January 07, 2015, 10:07:17 am »

I'm on Windows 8.1 and can't seem to get DF to load from the Starter Pack, even with DF Hack disabled or on default settings.  I downloaded vanilla DF and it runs fine, so what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks.

Okay I've got it running, but only when I boot DF directly from its own executable within the Starter Pack's folder.  If I boot it from the Starter Pack, it just hangs at a blank white window and crashes.  Changing DF's compatibility settings to Windows 7 also appear to create the problem as well.  Thoughts?

Sounds like a needed-library problem.

Masterwork DF needs .net framework,
maybe it's same for this pack ? seems more like Visual Basic graphics.

Anyway for me, I have no problems on Windows 8.1.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 07, 2015, 10:14:09 am »

I'm on Windows 8.1 and can't seem to get DF to load from the Starter Pack, even with DF Hack disabled or on default settings.  I downloaded vanilla DF and it runs fine, so what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks.

Okay I've got it running, but only when I boot DF directly from its own executable within the Starter Pack's folder.  If I boot it from the Starter Pack, it just hangs at a blank white window and crashes.  Changing DF's compatibility settings to Windows 7 also appear to create the problem as well.  Thoughts?

Sounds like a needed-library problem.

Masterwork DF needs .net framework,
maybe it's same for this pack ? seems more like Visual Basic graphics.

Anyway for me, I have no problems on Windows 8.1.
Nope. Pylnp is a standalone python app, all dependencies included. Sounds like an anti-virus issue.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 07, 2015, 10:59:13 am »

Maybe stupid question: savegames in this windows pack, are compatible with savegames in mac pack, (of course with same DF version) ?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 07, 2015, 11:12:32 am »

Maybe stupid question: savegames in this windows pack, are compatible with savegames in mac pack, (of course with same DF version) ?
Yes.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 07, 2015, 11:18:39 am »

Yes.

So thank to your work I'll be able to keep my plays into my notebook ;)
I was getting very heavy with vmware emulation.

Thank you and Bye

Ijiero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 07, 2015, 11:39:25 am »

Returned from work to find an r2 fix. Great work man!

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 07, 2015, 05:21:29 pm »

And of course, just as we get a stable release of the 40.23 starter pack, Toady releases a another version :P

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 07, 2015, 05:50:33 pm »

And of course, just as we get a stable release of the 40.23 starter pack, Toady releases a another version :P
Just like clockwork.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 07, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »

Was going to point out that too. :D
Happy coincidence :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 07, 2015, 08:57:25 pm »

I now believe Toady does it completely on purpose.  He probably has some sort of forum notification setup so as soon as a new pack is mentioned in this thread he hits 'POST UPDATE NOW' button and it uploads his latest finished work with changelog pre-written and waiting. ;)

CONSPIRACY! SOMEONE CALL THE ANCIENT ALIENS GUY

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:35 pm »

He probably has some sort of forum notification setup so as soon as a new pack is mentioned in this thread he hits 'POST UPDATE NOW' button and it uploads his latest finished work with changelog pre-written and waiting. ;)

I do this for everything in the pack!  Here's the script.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15:57 pm »

Quick report, after several attempts "startdwarf" doesn't appear to work in the new release.

EDIT: Probably not related to this pack, but skills don't appear to be Dwarf centric anymore, instead of Hammerdwarf we have Hammerman.. Weird.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:41:53 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »

The 40.24 changelog seems small, any idea if it'd be safe to just extract the 40.24 files over the 40.23 files in this pack?
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 07, 2015, 11:13:35 pm »

The 40.24 changelog seems small, any idea if it'd be safe to just extract the 40.24 files over the 40.23 files in this pack?

No, it would NOT be safe.  You can extract it to another folder beside /LNP/, and PyLNP will ask which version you want, but many other things will be broken.  At a minimum, Therapist and DFHack won't work.  Graphics, keybinds, etc may also need updating.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 07, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

No, it would NOT be safe.  You can extract it to another folder beside /LNP/, and PyLNP will ask which version you want, but many other things will be broken.  At a minimum, Therapist and DFHack won't work.  Graphics, keybinds, etc may also need updating.

Thought so. Well I'm happy enough to finally have the job priorities update and DFHack at the same time.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 385