Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126565 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9
« Reply #2520 on: April 07, 2015, 06:54:35 pm »

I've been noticing this too, same issue. I ran the game with no plugins or extensions from DFHack except the bug-fix utility, and it's still "blinky".

This seems to be from an unexpected interaction between TwbT and the new autoresetgrid script, which is part of the bugfix setting.  You can reenable DFHack and just switch that off.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:30 pm »

I've been noticing this too, same issue. I ran the game with no plugins or extensions from DFHack except the bug-fix utility, and it's still "blinky".

This seems to be from an unexpected interaction between TwbT and the new autoresetgrid script, which is part of the bugfix setting.  You can reenable DFHack and just switch that off.

Well, I only really used DFhack for the bug fix tool, so I'm going to leave the whole thing off, and use the nice utilities you packed in as a substitute. At least we know a portion of what the issue is. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks for making the pack, it made my introduction to the game so much smoother than going off of the default build.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 07, 2015, 10:57:07 pm »

What "bug fix tool" are you referring to? DFHack includes many bugfixes and interface improvements, so I wouldn't recommend disabling it entirely due to a conflict between a script and TwbT.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 08, 2015, 04:50:53 am »

Aww, of course the bugfix I was most excited about conflicts with TwbT, another DFHack plugin I love... Oh well, guess I'll wait. Still, thank you very much for the new version :)

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 08, 2015, 09:59:54 am »

What "bug fix tool" are you referring to? DFHack includes many bugfixes and interface improvements, so I wouldn't recommend disabling it entirely due to a conflict between a script and TwbT.

Yeah, I noticed the difference almost immediately. I've re-enableed DFHACK, without the bug fix utility. Hopefully the dwarves won't "forget" for feed my grand master metal crafter.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

Friti

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Roo. Hop to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 08, 2015, 11:12:21 am »

Removing the autoreset grid plugin from the .init file seems to have worked.  Thank you for the swift resolution.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 08, 2015, 11:35:44 am »

Had the flickering thing..fixed with suggestion above. Large pots look like traction benches...is there a way to fix that?

KapTaiN_KaVerN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 09, 2015, 09:28:35 am »

Check here man

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/31qq9f/starter_pack_updated_lots_of_bugfixes_including/cq6hqpu

PeridexisErrant says : "I'll post a full example when I have a computer."    that man is a machine ^^

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 09, 2015, 04:27:20 pm »

Is the DFHack active by default in this pack, or do I have to move files into the DF folder manually?

Asking, because I prefer to play without it, it can mess with Steam and stuff.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 09, 2015, 04:38:44 pm »

How can it mess with steam?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 09, 2015, 04:44:29 pm »

I was asking myself the same thing, I can use DFHack just fine with the Steam client running in the background all the time.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 09, 2015, 05:12:01 pm »

Something about DF tampers with memory, which was causing me issues with Steam's anti-cheat detection. I think it was DFHack, although Therapist may also be to blame.

At some point I began restarting windows after playing DF, if I wanted to play Counter Strike and such.

edit: looks like it's included by default, so I'll redownload everything separately just in case.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:13:33 pm by Blue_Dwarf »

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 09, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »

Steam's anti cheat only cares when something's messing with the memory of a steam-run game on VAC-protected servers. DFHack should not cause that at all.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 09, 2015, 05:24:38 pm »

It's probably Therapist, since DFHack is in-process (and has been since 0.31), while Therapist is not.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 09, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »

Ah, thanks for clarifying it, going to give it a go :)

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 385