Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122782 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9
« Reply #2535 on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:16 pm »

Check here man

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/31qq9f/starter_pack_updated_lots_of_bugfixes_including/cq6hqpu

PeridexisErrant says : "I'll post a full example when I have a computer."    that man is a machine ^^

;)  It should be obvious where this goes.
Code: (Put in pylnp.json) [Select]
    "Pure Bugfixes": {
      "command": "multicmd fix/blood-del enable; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/feeding-timers ] -name feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/stuckdoors ] -name stuckdoors",
      "enabled": true,
      "tooltip": "bugfixes to run regularly, strongly recomended (fix: feeding prisoners, stuckdoors, blood-del)"
    },
    "Truetype fix": {
      "command": "autoresetgrid enable",
      "enabled": false,
      "tooltip": "Frequently resets the screen to work around buggy Truetype printmode"
    }
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 09, 2015, 08:47:53 pm »

Here's a question from a new user-- or a few, if I'm being entirely honest: If I wanted to upgrade from r8 to r9 and preserve the mods that I have installed, how would I go about it? Could I literally just grab the raws/objects folder from r8 and slide it on over to the new version? I have everything "just so" right now, and don't want to cock everything up. I know switching tilesets seems to wipe out changes from mods in r8 so I already had to do everything twice (because I was an idiot and didn't make sure I was running the correct tileset in the first place), with no particular interest in doing it a third time.

On that note, assuming I do upgrade to r9, would installing a tileset and then moving the old raws over break the game? Again, I'm hesitant to move the raws and then install the tileset because in r8 that seems to wipe the modifications I've made.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:13 pm »

Here's a question from a new user-- or a few, if I'm being entirely honest: If I wanted to upgrade from r8 to r9 and preserve the mods that I have installed, how would I go about it? Could I literally just grab the raws/objects folder from r8 and slide it on over to the new version? I have everything "just so" right now, and don't want to cock everything up. I know switching tilesets seems to wipe out changes from mods in r8 so I already had to do everything twice (because I was an idiot and didn't make sure I was running the correct tileset in the first place), with no particular interest in doing it a third time.

On that note, assuming I do upgrade to r9, would installing a tileset and then moving the old raws over break the game? Again, I'm hesitant to move the raws and then install the tileset because in r8 that seems to wipe the modifications I've made.

Well, this is where it gets really fun...

Transferring your save (data/save/regionX/*) includes all mods and raws, including graphics raws.

Installing a new graphics pack, with the latest launcher, should only go through if it would not harm your save or remove mods - we're very careful about that.  Make a backup anyway, because it's hard to do well. 

There'll be some artifacts from clashing tilesets and graphics raws if those are incompatible, but you can easilty install the correct graphics and then decline to apply that to saves. 

Basically, give it a go - but remember to keep a copy of what's working now, since it won't stop working for you.
 Donations here.

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 09, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »

Well, this is where it gets really fun...

Transferring your save (data/save/regionX/*) includes all mods and raws, including graphics raws.

Installing a new graphics pack, with the latest launcher, should only go through if it would not harm your save or remove mods - we're very careful about that.  Make a backup anyway, because it's hard to do well. 

There'll be some artifacts from clashing tilesets and graphics raws if those are incompatible, but you can easilty install the correct graphics and then decline to apply that to saves. 

Basically, give it a go - but remember to keep a copy of what's working now, since it won't stop working for you.

Alright. I'll make a back-up and give it a bash. I'll get back to you shortly-ish to report success or failure.
----
Edit: Haven't tried running the game yet, but swapping r9 to Spacefox seems to have reverted my raws. Just a quick step-by-step of what I did--

1. Back-up r8 raws
2. Install r9
3. Copy the raws folder from r8 over to r9; replace all. 91 total files in the Objects folder.
4. Install Spacefox via the r9 launcher
5. Check raw/objects and discover a total of 81 files-- 10 of the files added to the folder by mods have been deleted.
6. Replace the raw folder again.

Just prepping to run now.
------------
Edit 2 (the electric boogaloo?), additional update:

Seems to be running more-or-less correctly. Replacing the raws again after I installed Spacefox didn't seem to hurt anything, and furthermore, things appear to be displaying correctly again after some weirdness with that tileset in r8.

I'm getting the flickering issue mentioned a page or two ago, but I see that someone posted a solution, so I'll just take care of that myself.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:03:21 pm by Ulfgard »

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 10, 2015, 08:01:06 am »

Please pardon the double-post, but I have a new (and probably dumb) question. How, exactly, do I open the .init file to edit it? I see that the solution to eliminate screen flicker is to eliminate the autoresetgrid script from there, but I can't figure out how to open the file to do so.  :-[

KapTaiN_KaVerN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 10, 2015, 08:34:23 am »

SHIFT+right clic >> Open with notepad for instance

Or just type autoresetgrid disable each type you start DF

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:06 am »

SHIFT+right clic >> Open with notepad for instance

Or just type autoresetgrid disable each type you start DF

Most excellent. Thanks!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:02 am »

With the update, i've managed to fuck my graphics so varied ground is gone and trees are just black blobs :/

Is there any way to fix this? I'm just using the ASCII default graphics.

E:
Water depth is also mysteriously off, despite being on in settings.

E2:
I can also no longer see the historical explanation text for statues/engravings.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:59:13 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 10, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

Which init file is the autoresetgrid script in? I cant find it. And since a lot of people are having trouble, why not tie it to truetype?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »

Hi guys,
I love this Starter Pack. Really makes the game soooo approachable. With the release of r9 I'm getting a number of comments and requests about how to fix the flickering (I'm Das24680 on YouTube and am uploading a tutorial series around the Starter Pack) so thought I'd post a step-by-step here...

As mentioned higher up the flickering issue is with a new DFHack feature autoresetgrid. This needs to be turned off (or more correctly not enabled when the game starts.

1. Open up the Starter Pack. Under 'Folders' click 'Dwarf Fortress folder'. This will take you to the main game folder.

2. In the list of files is one called 'PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init' which is used by the Starter Pack to prime many DFHack parameters. Open this file in Notepad or any text editor.

3. Scroll down to the section on Pure Bugfixes and at the end you'll see 'autoresetgrid enable'. This will need to be commented out.

4. To comment this out create a return in front of 'autoresetgrid enable' so that it is isolated on its own line and place a hash (#) and space in front of the new line. The hash tells the program that it is a comment.

5. Save the .init file and start the game. The flickering should be gone.

The code should look like...
Code: [Select]
# Pure Bugfixes
# bugfixes to run regularly, strongly recomended (fix: feeding prisoners, stuckdoors, Truetype)
multicmd fix/blood-del enable; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/feeding-timers ] -name feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/stuckdoors ] -name stuckdoors;
# autoresetgrid enable

Hope this helps. :)

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 11, 2015, 08:51:45 am »

Hi guys,
I love this Starter Pack. Really makes the game soooo approachable. With the release of r9 I'm getting a number of comments and requests about how to fix the flickering (I'm Das24680 on YouTube and am uploading a tutorial series around the Starter Pack) so thought I'd post a step-by-step here...

As mentioned higher up the flickering issue is with a new DFHack feature autoresetgrid. This needs to be turned off (or more correctly not enabled when the game starts.

1. Open up the Starter Pack. Under 'Folders' click 'Dwarf Fortress folder'. This will take you to the main game folder.

2. In the list of files is one called 'PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init' which is used by the Starter Pack to prime many DFHack parameters. Open this file in Notepad or any text editor.

3. Scroll down to the section on Pure Bugfixes and at the end you'll see 'autoresetgrid enable'. This will need to be commented out.

4. To comment this out create a return in front of 'autoresetgrid enable' so that it is isolated on its own line and place a hash (#) and space in front of the new line. The hash tells the program that it is a comment.

5. Save the .init file and start the game. The flickering should be gone.

The code should look like...
Code: [Select]
# Pure Bugfixes
# bugfixes to run regularly, strongly recomended (fix: feeding prisoners, stuckdoors, Truetype)
multicmd fix/blood-del enable; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/feeding-timers ] -name feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/stuckdoors ] -name stuckdoors;
# autoresetgrid enable

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you! This did help me, no more flicker! I appreciate your willingness to show step by step how to fix this.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 11, 2015, 11:48:37 pm »

I may have found a glitch/bug - hopefully this is the right place to post it.

I usually change the key bindings (I play on a laptop and never tried the LNP laptop key bindings). When I downloaded the new pack (r9) and went to change them the screen briefly flashes with what's meant to be there and then goes blank. Every time I press a button that actually does something the screen flashes back again but goes blank.

When I'm entering the new key binding the screen stays up until I'm done.

I'm using Pheobus if that matters, no mods or anything
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r10
« Reply #2547 on: April 12, 2015, 07:26:01 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r10!  As usual, you can get it here.

Just a minor update to solve that flickering text issue - I was hoping to do a few other things, but they ended up being bug reports instead  ::)

Strike the Earth - with smooth graphics!

Changelog:
 - fixed flickering display
 - moved autoresetgrid to it's own option

SHA256:  d3248c64f66af03c6dedb6dce78d26c53a4e744efbd25ba1518826ad0cf1a43c
 Donations here.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 12, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

Just a minor update to solve that flickering text issue
Changelog:
 - fixed flickering display
Just to make things completely clear for me, does that mean both the annoying truetype bug and the newly introduced flickering issue caused by the DFHack fix for the truetype bug are now fixed?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 12, 2015, 08:47:00 am »

If you're using TwbT, and have "autoresetgrid" disabled)(now the default), the flickering is no longer an issue. And Truetype obviously isn't a problem.

If you're using Truetype, you can enable autoresetgrid to fix the big, and without TwbT there'll be no flickering.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 385