Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126537 times)

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3345 on: February 18, 2016, 08:31:12 am »

So, how likely is it, that there will be a version for DF 42.06 soon?

I think we all - including PeridexisErrant - are just waiting for DFHack to get updated.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 18, 2016, 08:40:42 am »

Yeah, pretty much.

I'm also doing some further cleanup on the build tools, which may make them more useful for other packs. Possibly even (very careful) end-users, someday, or incorporated into PyLNP like everything seems to...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 18, 2016, 11:06:33 am »

So, how likely is it, that there will be a version for DF 42.06 soon? I would only need it once, to use the reveal utility. (I don't care about any bugs.) I have a very interesting location, which, however, is infused with several aquifers... guessing where they are is somehow complex without reveal.

I'd prepare to be patient for the next couple weeks or so; Toady's planning a series of quick bufixes before settling in for another haul, so it's likely we'll be seeing a rash of LNP getting updated just in time for a bugfix update to go live and leave it behind.

If you just need the reveal utility, you just need DFHack for that.  However, as you may have already guess from the replies before mine, DFHack is usually the last piece of the puzzle needed before an entirely updated LNP is ready anyway.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 18, 2016, 11:23:20 am »

So, how likely is it, that there will be a version for DF 42.06 soon? I would only need it once, to use the reveal utility. (I don't care about any bugs.) I have a very interesting location, which, however, is infused with several aquifers... guessing where they are is somehow complex without reveal.

I'd prepare to be patient for the next couple weeks or so; Toady's planning a series of quick bufixes before settling in for another haul, so it's likely we'll be seeing a rash of LNP getting updated just in time for a bugfix update to go live and leave it behind.

If you just need the reveal utility, you just need DFHack for that.  However, as you may have already guess from the replies before mine, DFHack is usually the last piece of the puzzle needed before an entirely updated LNP is ready anyway.

He he, could have learned methods to pierce aquifers instead of waiting for dfhack. 

On the other hand, LNP releasing for 42.06 signals the inevitable coming of 42.07.  :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 18, 2016, 11:27:24 am »

He he, could have learned methods to pierce aquifers instead of waiting for dfhack.
Yes... search-and-replace [AQUIFER] to !AQUIFER! in the raws ;)
On the other hand, LNP releasing for 42.06 signals the inevitable coming of 42.07.  :D
True.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 18, 2016, 11:56:46 am »

The snarky answer is to just roll with it and deal with the aquifers as they are encountered (reading the wiki on the double-slit method and follow it step by step, very carefully until you think you've gotten the hang of it, at which time you'll probably screw up, as I did).
Now, we all have our own ways to play, choices of which "cheats" to use, etc. and if "reveal" is part of your tool box it's your business.
An alternative to using the double-slit head on is to copy the save, dig and probe while disregarding most everything else to locate the aquifers, and then discard the save to restore the original one, at which time you can use a more controlled approach (alternatively just continue from there).

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 18, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »

The snarky answer is to just roll with it and deal with the aquifers as they are encountered (reading the wiki on the double-slit method and follow it step by step, very carefully until you think you've gotten the hang of it, at which time you'll probably screw up, as I did).
Now, we all have our own ways to play, choices of which "cheats" to use, etc. and if "reveal" is part of your tool box it's your business.
An alternative to using the double-slit head on is to copy the save, dig and probe while disregarding most everything else to locate the aquifers, and then discard the save to restore the original one, at which time you can use a more controlled approach (alternatively just continue from there).

Well, guess what I'm doing since yesterday.. my plan is to build a small fortress in an aquifer-free version of the map first and then dig out some layer, flooding each with magma to create obsidian. Finding out where to build the fort is rather tricky and time consuming, though, that's why i am intersted in reveal.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 18, 2016, 02:52:02 pm »

Bind it to the LNP launcher? Works for n52...

Sorry, i had forgot to mention I had already tried this to no success. Just tried it again for completeness and it still changes nothing.

It really has me puzzled as to how the .exe can hook with the profile when loaded from the folder, but not when its launched from the LNP launcher button.

:(

Simacan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 27, 2016, 01:23:32 pm »

This pack has been great for me but I've met a wierd issue, I had to re-download it recently and the pack-menu doesnt seem to be modifying the actual game.

Its doing something, for example changing graphics recognizes saves and claims to update them, but theres no change in-game, just the default ASCII. Same goes for the settings, any change just is ignored. The play button still loads the game from it.

Thought I'd ask if anyone knows a fix before I start massing around myself looking through the filenames.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 27, 2016, 05:00:30 pm »

The graphics is just TwbT; once you load up a fort other tiles appear. I suspect a similar issue with the other settings.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: March 01, 2016, 06:42:35 am »

when will we have a 42.06 pack with DT DFHack and other stuff?
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: March 01, 2016, 09:22:02 am »

when will we have a 42.06 pack with DT DFHack and other stuff?

When it is out.
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: March 01, 2016, 12:15:07 pm »

latest client is recognized as a trojan by windows 10 defender.
Trojan: Win32/Varpes.L!plock
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: March 01, 2016, 12:24:42 pm »

latest client is recognized as a trojan by windows 10 defender.
Trojan: Win32/Varpes.L!plock
These packs have a high false-positive rate with anti-virus services.  To be on the safe side, check the checksum to ensure what you downloaded is what PE uploaded, then add it to your service's whitelist.  When enough users of your service do that, it won't be flagged for future users.

Problem is it started off from Square One with every release.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3359 on: March 01, 2016, 02:58:07 pm »

The reason for that is that DFHack accesses the memory space used by a running program (it has to, to do its job) which is also how some viruses operate, and so it looks suspicious to the antivirus.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 385