Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122755 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3840 on: August 10, 2016, 06:48:32 pm »

Date on first post! :P I know I keep pushing it but please!

0.43.03-r04   2016-08-10

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/issues/4

I'm definitely thinking about logging the date, but so far other stuff has been higher priority when I have time - doing updates at all, fixing bugs, and so on.  Timestamps are moving up the list though :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: August 10, 2016, 07:42:54 pm »

This is only the DFHack part of it, how do I merge this to the current version?  Simple copy-paste in the current DF Starter pack?
Well, if you are using the upcoming DFHack pre-release for DF v0.43.05 then you wouldn't want to install it into a DF v0.43.03 Starter Pack. But yeah, just decompress DFHack and drag everything in it's folder into the Dwarf Fortress folder. PeridexisErrant mentioned that he might include the upcoming pre-release version of DFHack in a nightly build of his Starter Pack, so you might not have to mess with installing DFHack.

There must be some information somewhere about this but :
You can read the DFHack installation instructions and more here - https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Introduction.html#installing-dfhack

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:51 pm »

Aye, I'm really excited to try the x64 version...  I'll wait for the 43.05 pre-release

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »

0.43.03-r04   2016-08-10

I'm definitely thinking about logging the date, but so far other stuff has been higher priority when I have time - doing updates at all, fixing bugs, and so on.  Timestamps are moving up the list though :)
Maltavius might mean the thread title, so new releases would show up at a glance for anyone browsing a list of threads who remembers the previous version/date.

This is only the DFHack part of it, how do I merge this to the current version?  Simple copy-paste in the current DF Starter pack?
Well, if you are using the upcoming DFHack pre-release for DF v0.43.05 then you wouldn't want to install it into a DF v0.43.03 Starter Pack. But yeah, just decompress DFHack and drag everything in it's folder into the Dwarf Fortress folder. PeridexisErrant mentioned that he might include the upcoming pre-release version of DFHack in a nightly build of his Starter Pack, so you might not have to mess with installing DFHack.

There must be some information somewhere about this but :
You can read the DFHack installation instructions and more here - https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Introduction.html#installing-dfhack
I feel like installing vanilla DF+DFHack would be simplest, although it's certainly a good idea to test with a nightly pack of some kind to cover that pack's settings/customizations if you can.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: August 11, 2016, 01:35:42 am »

0.43.03-r04   2016-08-10

Maltavius might mean the thread title, so new releases would show up at a glance for anyone browsing a list of threads who remembers the previous version/date.

No, PeridexisErrant knows what I mean :)

Sheila

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: August 11, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »

I wouldn't mind knowing what the latest release is just from glancing at the thread  :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: August 11, 2016, 05:59:01 pm »

You can subscribe to email notifications with a DFFD account. 
 Donations here.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:05 pm »

PD, how does the autoupdate work WRT non-browser (ie fully automated)? I've never seemed to be able to get that to auto-d/l & update (I always fallback to manually downloading from browser).. maybe a firewall setting? There's no dialog to say if it's doing anything at all, let alone animations indicating progress etc..

Is an account required for background auto-update? If so, I think you might mention this..

W10 PC BTW, although it didn't work with W7 either IIRC
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:35:57 pm by Snafu »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:40 pm »

I think it just downloads the updated pack from your browser. I don't think it installs the updated version into your current version.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: August 11, 2016, 08:23:05 pm »

PD, how does the autoupdate work WRT non-browser (ie fully automated)? I've never seemed to be able to get that to auto-d/l & update (I always fallback to manually downloading from browser).. maybe a firewall setting? There's no dialog to say if it's doing anything at all, let alone animations indicating progress etc..

Is an account required for background auto-update? If so, I think you might mention this..

I'd suspect a firewall issue.  You don't need an account; it just checks in the background (at specified times) and if an update is available gets user confirmation before downloading.  It even unzips the new pack for you!  And as of this update, the new pack will ask you and import your saves and most other content.
 Donations here.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: August 12, 2016, 04:29:06 pm »

it does not trigger a download for r04 for me, and it comes with an outdated therapist in r03. can i manually update the therapist? and how?

-nevermind, own stupidity, though one link is bad, the download link at the top works-
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:35:10 pm by Meddadog »

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:57 pm »

I'd suspect a firewall issue.  You don't need an account; it just checks in the background (at specified times) and if an update is available gets user confirmation before downloading.
OK tks; I'll check FW rules & NoScript settings..

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: August 14, 2016, 03:18:45 am »

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this, but it's driving me nuts.  I'm playing the latest Windows LNP, and I could swear last night I accessed some DFHack extension with an option to set the general minimum item quality for 'decorate item' jobs.  Be darned if I can find it now.  Or have I just started having very vivid DF-related dreams?  :P

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: August 14, 2016, 07:51:19 am »

That's under 'workflow', largely replaced by the vanilla manager now

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: August 14, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »

That's under 'workflow', largely replaced by the vanilla manager now
I used to use workflow constantly until the new manager came out, and this seemed completely unfamiliar to me.  Also, I don't have workflow enabled or any hotkey set...  ???
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 385