Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413247 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #675 on: July 03, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

I say it's time to start Mantling... a blades agent. To do so we must suddenly act and talk completely differently.

"In event of full-scale Sixth House attacks, I become an active agent. I am now cleared to provide information on the forces we are dealing with, as the scale of this threat is now beyond clandestine means."

This... could work. If they buy it, this would also allow us to leave afterwards, as our sleeper mission is fulfilled.
No way that would work. These people saw us get taken down by an orc, with little fight from our end. They have also seen us struggle greatly with basic training.  I would like to vote towards the story about us reading about these. We should also on the stilt strider ride inform the Champion of the Ascended Sleepers combat abilities, but dumb it down a tad. Inform them of the fact that they can paralyze, cast fire, ice and shock spells. They can tire the troops, and infect them with diseases. And there is always the chance that the guy will simply not take our advice as we are simply grunts. If so, inform Strillian and try to get him to spread the word. Make sure to mention the fact that we used to be scholars.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:02:51 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 03, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

Inform the highest authorities in the Legion of what we know about the ascended sleepers.

Also.

Don't abandon your squad.

We have to stand beside our fellow soldiers. It would be dishonorable to abandon them now. Stand and fight like a true man.

...We might get some experience!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:38 pm »

We have already established ourselves as "learned". Talk to the Champion, tell him we have heard about this creature in our studies, and share basic info on what they are. This may save our life.

I'll just go back to my original suggestion.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:34 pm »

The why doesn't matter right now, since they'll believe us when we face the thing. We need to lay out exactly what we're going to say. To get them to believe us, for example, we start with a physical description. All we've heard is "a slug in a robe." We say "Highly decorated robe, grey skin, face a mass of tentacles and holes," and when they see we were right, they'll know we know what we're talking about.

Sorry about the all-bold post before.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 03, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »

The why doesn't matter right now, since they'll believe us when we face the thing. We need to lay out exactly what we're going to say. To get them to believe us, for example, we start with a physical description. All we've heard is "a slug in a robe." We say "Highly decorated robe, grey skin, face a mass of tentacles and holes," and when they see we were right, they'll know we know what we're talking about.

I think the information before - background info, types of spells they use, and how to fight them. As outlined in those two posts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As well as:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:59:44 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 03, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »

I'm for explaining.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:14:30 pm by Putnam »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 03, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »

Quietly ask Strillian what the deal is with the Champion.  He seems to be a controversial choice, so if there's a nasty surprise there it might be an idea to know in advance.  Do this while we're in transit, mind, don't delay our setting off.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 03, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

We should volunteer to assist Dagoth Ur.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:39 pm »

Not unless we are okay with the possibility of getting horribly deformed and losing Michael's mind.  Making a deal with Dagoth Ur is probably more dangerous than joining the Televanni house or making a deal with a Daedra Lord both of which I had suggested and which were shot down as being too dangerous.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »

Joining 6th house is right out. I'd like a chance to speak with Dagoth Ur, but it's not likely to happen in any way we'd be safe with.

Quietly ask Strillian what the deal is with the Champion.
Good idea.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:58 pm »

Quietly ask Strillian what the deal is with the Champion.
Good idea.

+1

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2013, 03:38:55 am »

I think the information before - background info, types of spells they use, and how to fight them. As outlined in those two posts:

As well as:

All this stuff

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 04, 2013, 12:01:16 pm »

So: It moves slow, hits hard, shoots big area magic. Therefore: surround it, engage at range using cover. Sounds good?

Also, I don't think we should tell our fellow soldiers why we know these things at all, but rather let the veracity of our information show itself, such as with the visual description plan earlier mentioned. If we want to become interesting (and thus get somewhere), cultivating an air of mystery would be useful. Excuses and lies can be seen through, and may hinder our credibility. Better to be eerie than have this conversation and seem incompetent in our information:

"I read it in a book somewhere."

"What book? And why has our vast and highly trained intelligence branch never heard of it?"

"Um..."

We want them interested in us, not some book.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:16:15 pm by HugoLuman »

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2013, 12:43:02 pm »

So: It moves slow, hits hard, shoots big area magic. Therefore: surround it, engage at range using cover. Sounds good?

Also, I don't think we should tell our fellow soldiers why we know these things at all, but rather let the veracity of our information show itself, such as with the visual description plan earlier mentioned. If we want to become interesting (and thus get somewhere), cultivating an air of mystery would be useful. Excuses and lies can be seen through, and may hinder our credibility. Better to be eerie than have this conversation and seem incompetent in our information:

"I read it in a book somewhere."

"What book? And why has our vast and highly trained intelligence branch never heard of it?"

"Um..."

We want them interested in us, not some book.
I approve of this.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #689 on: July 04, 2013, 01:25:49 pm »

I'm trying to catch up to speed, have we, as of yet, reviewed physics? Obviously Morrowind's original laws aren't entirely in effect (we'd have noticed that gravity doesn't apply to inanimate objects), but what about other concepts? One thing that could be somewhat easily tested is electrical conductivity. Possibly we could find some thin metal wire, coil it, and use a cheap scroll to provide some voltage, and use that to see if we could make a magnetic field. If that works, then maybe we can try some more complex stuff...

If we can get some decent firepower, a Dwemer ruin might provide the tools we need to bootstrap something interesting.

Joining 6th house is right out. I'd like a chance to speak with Dagoth Ur, but it's not likely to happen in any way we'd be safe with.

The big problem with joining the sixth house is going to be the fact that the Nerevarine is going to do some bad things to a lot of house members. Unless we know for sure that the Nerevar isn't going to be a problem...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:30:12 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 161