Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413298 times)

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.68
« Reply #2385 on: July 21, 2015, 05:27:55 am »

So long as we were going to go somewhere, I wasn't too concerned with where. The problem is/was, as was said, going every which way but somewhere.
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 21, 2015, 05:58:48 am »

As much as I'd like to successfully finish this originally intended to be 20 part game in over 70 parts, I can completely understand just ending it. It seemed like it was pretty fun, even though I only showed up at the end. There was definitely a problem of trying to do too many things at once and starting out really weak and so avoiding anything that might have something stronger than a rat. I'm pretty interested in how this was going to be completed in 20 parts, especially how we were expected to talk to Vivec, but probably later on, even though there were only seven parts after Vivec until part 20. Did you mainly expect that each part would get a lot more accomplished? Anyway, I guess it would be time to ask why episode 68 took so long?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:33 am »

Though I would like to point out that it wasn't entirely our fault, as for a while Michael interpreted "go do thing in another place" as "go do thin in another place right now," which we didn't make explicit because we thought he'd just assume he'd go with "finish the other stuff here first"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 22, 2015, 06:46:50 pm »

I don’t want this game to die – I think the only way forward to finish this thing is to reconcile what we know, what we don’t know, and maybe some direction on what might be relevant (that we haven’t picked up on before).

I’d love it if you could put a simple one word answer (yes, no, irrelevant, don’t understand) to a list of questions, of mine, and maybe of others. It’ll serve as a refresher and set some direction for subsequent posts. If this is my only contribution to the game at least it is one that might help us finish it.  If you do us a favour and mark any line of enquiry as particularly relevant or worth fleshing out, that would be good?

Is Michael a human (stuck in a game)?
Native to Morrowind?
A figment of someones imagination?
An artifact of an existing game (like the ponies)?
Can he escape the game (either by finishing it or through console)?
Is he capable of finishing the game in his current state?
Are the ponies key to this?
Is Bagrums cube key to this?
Is meeting Dagoth Ur key to this?

That’s all I’ve got so far (I’m at work) but if you’re amenable to answering these and the questions of others (of which I am positive there would be plenty), enough to generate enough interest and direction to see this thing through to the glorious end!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 22, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

I don't see how playing 20 questions is any different from just ending the thing, especially with our inability to actually connect the dots.

If we really want to keep on trying, we should figure out what we want to do in a long-term sense, and then figure out what short-term thing we should do to make that happen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 22, 2015, 07:42:27 pm »

I'll give it a few days. Maybe put it to a vote as was suggested above.

Who wants to continue? Who wants to end it and go to MST3K?

But here's a catch: Anyone who votes to continue must submit a THING TO DO that's actionable and specific. "Oh, umm...talk to the guy. Ask stuff. What do you mean what shall we ask him? Ask about, you know...stuff." doesn't count. "Oh! We should totally do something later than we can't do right now because it involves going places we can't get to and talking to people we don't know where they are!" doesn't count. "I have a theory that I will now expound on at great length! Oh, what to do? No idea." doesn't count.

If you cannot post an actionable suggestion, you do not get to vote to continue.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 22, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

MSTK3
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:49 pm »

I don't see how playing 20 questions is any different from just ending the thing, especially with our inability to actually connect the dots.

If we really want to keep on trying, we should figure out what we want to do in a long-term sense, and then figure out what short-term thing we should do to make that happen.

At least we would get some definitive answers in writing. I don't even know what Mst3k is in all honesty.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 22, 2015, 10:33:43 pm »

He runs through the entire quest, explains everything, and makes fun of our absurd decisions.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 22, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »

And doing that would spoil the finish. Gotcha.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 22, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »

There is no finish! We've bunged up and nobody knows what to do!

I'd at least like to figure out how we managed to turn a 20 turn game into a 70 turn one.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 22, 2015, 10:53:58 pm »

Honestly, as much as everyone has had a good time with this, I'm just not sure how we could progress here having apparently gone so off-course. LB, after this is all over, I'd encourage you to make another forum game if you were so inclined, as I really enjoyed the way you built and expanded the world off of the original game. If you have the time/inclination, of course.

MST3K

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 23, 2015, 03:18:56 am »

There is no finish! We've bunged up and nobody knows what to do!

I'd at least like to figure out how we managed to turn a 20 turn game into a 70 turn one.

Shouldn't seem to matter then if we get our questions answered.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 23, 2015, 03:50:41 am »

Honesty? I say we just do a grinding montage, rather than going day-by-day, just keep it up until/unless it reaches the point of basic competency or something comes up to interrupt it. I can't think of a thing to ask this prisoner, though it seems like we're being prompted to do so. A lot of this was hindered by Michael's low skill level, and while admittedly we didn't go about increasing it in the best of ways, finding a way to do a time skip would have helped. Like the Legion training, except not pitiful. Though hindsight here
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 23, 2015, 04:46:22 am »

I have no idea what MST3K is but I vote for it.

e: I assume it means you take over the character and start posting updates without our input.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161