Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Barrels of blood!  (Read 13563 times)

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Barrels of blood!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

Future versions.....

Oh, and no, pumps automagically remove salt, stagnation and contaminants.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »

Future versions.....

Oh, and no, pumps automagically remove salt, stagnation and contaminants.
Oh yeah, forgot about that with pumps. I don't often deal with saltwater, so I've never built a desalination project.
Too bad. I hope to one day weaponize mist or steam. I imagine a goblin gas chamber.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 03:41:46 pm »

And so, in a thread about cointainers with useless blood, DF's version of Auschwitz was born.

Urist McSpardbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 05:26:22 pm »

Dump those barrels, or rather the blood from them. Free barrels.
Even better, build a temple to armok and designate it as a dump zone. Blood to the Blood God

That is an awesome idea.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

Dump those barrels, or rather the blood from them. Free barrels.
Even better, build a temple to armok and designate it as a dump zone. Blood to the Blood God

That is an awesome idea.
It's going to be awesome once all contaminants become liquids. Then we will have blood rivers inside our fortresses, powering and being powered by perpetual motion machines.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:24 pm »

Wait, Wait, Wait!

Here is what you do. So, pumps clean all water that passes through them, and you kind of need them not to do that to get contaminated mist right? Well, why not just pump the water up to the same z-level as where it would fall to generate mist, and then have it pass through a tile covered in the contaminants? It should carry them with it, as it falls to the next Z level and becomes mist, thus enabling us to create our true Dwarven Auschwitz. You could even recycle the water, because the original tile would still be contaminated.

Drawing:

XX_v
                                                            XXww I I_v
I = wall
w = water

The first floor, the upper most that is, would need to be contaminated.  The water would flow through the contaminated tile an then down the two floor grates to the bottom floor, where it would then flow towards the back and be sucked up by the screw pump.

You might not need floor grates, but I think that might be necessary to get things to spread through it.

You could use this setup, or a similar setup so long as you just make sure to contaminate things after you have pumped the water, to cover an alternative entrance to your fort with forgotten beast extract.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 06:31:51 am »

Now somebody has to test if mist carries contaminants around.

Also, I request o change the thread title to "Dwarven gas chambers" or something related to Auschwitz, just to show how this has derailed.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 07:11:25 am »

PTW, and because Dwarven Auschwitz is exactly what I need for those pesky cats, and their annoying owners. Of course, the occasional tantrum spiral because Urist McMoron decided Nibbles needed to go to the hospital can be !fun!
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:29 am »

It's going to be awesome once all contaminants become liquids. Then we will have blood rivers inside our fortresses, powering and being powered by perpetual motion machines.

Better yet, venom, which is green, powering a Dwarven Nuclear Power Plant. I wonder what happens when it goes critical??
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 10:24:04 am »

Thats intriguing. I'll see if I can build it, although I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a while.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

This is not meant to sound cocky and I hate to be the silly finger-pointing guy here but...

honest question: don't you think talking about a "Dwarven Auschwitz" in this way and context might seriously offend/hurt at least some people?
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

This is not meant to sound cocky and I hate to be the silly finger-pointing guy here but...

honest question: don't you think talking about a "Dwarven Auschwitz" in this way and context might seriously offend/hurt at least some people?
Probably, but in all honesty we as a forum have probably crossed that line so many times it's not even funny. Also, this is the internet. Where the women are men, the men are 12yr old boys, the 12yr old boys are fbi agents, and every fifth post validates/proves godwin's law.

back on (or is it off?) topic:
for testing purposes you may want to make a modded reaction that produces uristian shit tons of your contact venom, and assign it to the screw press. run the reaction and deconstruct building for contaminant explosion 3-4 tiles around the center.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

If I offended someone with that, I'm sorry, that was not my intention.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 11:13:27 am »

back on (or is it off?) topic:
for testing purposes you may want to make a modded reaction that produces uristian shit tons of your contact venom, and assign it to the screw press. run the reaction and deconstruct building for contaminant explosion 3-4 tiles around the center.
Yeah, I planned on making some sort of custom contaminant. It needs to be on contact, and it needs to have noticeable results. I was thinking something along the lines of melting skin instantly. And adding a custom reaction to a workshop is a good idea. I also planned on using autodump to move it from a barrel to where ever I put it. I used that trick testing the "flamability" of alcohol (not at all, boils if barrel catches on fire, does nothing interesting).

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 11:23:07 am »

Probably, but in all honesty we as a forum have probably crossed that line so many times it's not even funny. Also, this is the internet. Where the women are men, the men are 12yr old boys, the 12yr old boys are fbi agents, and every fifth post validates/proves godwin's law.

Yes I realize all of that, and honestly wouldn't even bother if we were not talking one of the saddest things in recent history. It's just I felt it was somewhat like "crossing the line by too long a stretch", even by dwarven standards.

Oh I don't think anyone using the wording actually intended to offend anybody ofc.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the interesting OT. Keep the weaponization research going, this will rise Armok's godliness even further as it should be.
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4