Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376907 times)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2550 on: October 21, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »

Say Pioncale Rogran, because it appears I am destined for that anyway.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: October 21, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

Yo
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: October 21, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »

Talk to the new arrival "Hi can we team up strength in numbers and all that"
(Any time I've said that someone has zoned out)
also can I get a PM of what word I send you toaster
also Word
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: October 22, 2013, 12:47:39 am »

Regardless, FIRE "ARCANE COMPENSATOR" at the moose-thing's face, should slow it down/distract it, or make it hopefully rampage in it's room!
You should be careful- technically, the moose-thing is the steel non-aggressive one near you, not the magma bull your context indicates.

In any case, bombs away!

[Bigf01t Dex:3]

Your shot goes wide and smacks the opposite door frame again.  The bull is still caught in the blast radius, though.

[Bull End:3]  It stops, bellows, and shakes its head several times.  Good thing too, because one more smash and it's in the pit room.

I am starting to love this Flashbang launcher! It wasn't what I was going for, but awesome never-the-less!
Also @Toaster, THANK YOU for correctly inferring my intent, I really didn't need to aggro the moose, how uncharacteristically not saddistic kind of a GM!

TURN:

Set aside the "Compensator" for a moment...

If I can stay in one-word range (just inside the spike room, presumably with the bull stuck in the door to the pit room:
"Echapl Echapl"
At the bull, also pay attention, does repeating the same word in a sentence multiple times amplify it's effect relative to normal? (Is "Echapl Echapl" > "Echapl"? Draw on my experience of seeing single word use of elements for comparison.)

If the bull is reluctant to enter that range, or it doesn't seem safe for me, face bull and fire:
"Enur Echapl"

If I can safely swing the arcane hover-hammer at the thing's head from behind the door, go for it!

EDIT: One last thing, was I close enough to hear the words that made the magma bull? Does the alien even SPEAK it's words? If I heard the words, a PM with contents would be awesome, if not that's fine.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: October 22, 2013, 07:01:51 am »

Say Pioncale Rogran, because it appears I am destined for that anyway.
((I laughed))

Regardless, FIRE "ARCANE COMPENSATOR" at the moose-thing's face, should slow it down/distract it, or make it hopefully rampage in it's room!
You should be careful- technically, the moose-thing is the steel non-aggressive one near you, not the magma bull your context indicates.

In any case, bombs away!

[Bigf01t Dex:3]

Your shot goes wide and smacks the opposite door frame again.  The bull is still caught in the blast radius, though.

[Bull End:3]  It stops, bellows, and shakes its head several times.  Good thing too, because one more smash and it's in the pit room.

I am starting to love this Flashbang launcher! It wasn't what I was going for, but awesome never-the-less!
Also @Toaster, THANK YOU for correctly inferring my intent, I really didn't need to aggro the moose, how uncharacteristically not saddistic kind of a GM!

TURN:

Set aside the "Compensator" for a moment...

If I can stay in one-word range (just inside the spike room, presumably with the bull stuck in the door to the pit room:
"Echapl Echapl"
At the bull, also pay attention, does repeating the same word in a sentence multiple times amplify it's effect relative to normal? (Is "Echapl Echapl" > "Echapl"? Draw on my experience of seeing single word use of elements for comparison.)

If the bull is reluctant to enter that range, or it doesn't seem safe for me, face bull and fire:
"Enur Echapl"

If I can safely swing the arcane hover-hammer at the thing's head from behind the door, go for it!

EDIT: One last thing, was I close enough to hear the words that made the magma bull? Does the alien even SPEAK it's words? If I heard the words, a PM with contents would be awesome, if not that's fine.

((If you buy some time, I will kill everything next turn when I get to full pool again))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47:47 am »

Oh, I can be plenty sadistic.  I just don't want to unduly punish players for lack of clarity.

(That said, if you say "Go find something to murder" at me, all bets are off.)

If it's not clear, the bull is not in the pit room.  He's one good smash from getting the door into the pit room big enough for himself. 

And you've never heard any of the aliens make any sounds at all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:04 am »

(That said, if you say "Go find something to murder" at me, all bets are off.)

((Hey that strange magical whatchamacallit just fell into the bottomless pit, we cant let it get of that easy... BONZAI!!!))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DemonLord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:58 pm »

Id like to join this
 Name: Dickard Cain
 Appearance: Black hair and brown eyes wearing a shady old black cowl that hides most of his facial Features it is unkown whether or not his wearing anything under the cowl.
 Strength: 0
 Speed: 1
 Dexterity: 1
 Endurance: 0
 Potency: 3
 Will: 1
 Channeling: 3

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:12 pm »

((I want to suggest a change in the title to show the series of magical miscasts. How about [Where magical self-amputations occur on a healthy basis]?))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 22, 2013, 08:04:14 pm »

More Magical Deaths Per Square Mile than Salem?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 22, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

[Death is over quota]?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 22, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »

[Over (number of dead people) people served]?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 22, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »

Amputations are Magic?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 22, 2013, 09:08:23 pm »

We'll see what the next turn holds.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: October 22, 2013, 09:12:54 pm »

((I doubt that anything interesting will happen next turn. Well, unless Vakothu manages to roll yet another one and becomes an inert cloth doll. Poor vakothu.

Or maybe that magma bull escaping. Yeah, that would be bad.))
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 198