Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376880 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [When in doubt, use hair]
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:54 am »

"Grr..."

"~What-is-it-sir? Any-issues? Maybe-I-can-help? Am-qualified-chiropractor-I-am.~"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2013, 11:58:23 am »

"You are annoying."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:45 pm »

"You are annoying."

"~How-so? Care-providing-feedback? Feedback-is-very-important. Anonymous-review-for-posterity-yes?~"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »

"You have not died yet."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »

"You have not died yet."

"~Your-testimony-has-been-recorded-sir! I-shall-seek-to-address-this-problem-in-one-of-two-ways! Thank-you-for-your-input!~"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2013, 01:02:28 pm »

Nextly:
Abcolosan
Baist
Gigogice
Obsero

Ignoring the ruckus the other two are making, you continue your magic.

[Pot:2+1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:4+1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:5+1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:3+1]  Despite all expectations, nothing happens.

Welp.

Keep on running!
Actions!

[Tod Spd:5+1]
[Derm Spd:1]

[Tod Dex:1+1]
[Derm Dex:2]

[Tod Str:3]
[Derm End:6]

Derm tries to turn around, but Tod is on him in an instant.  Tod punches Derm right in the throat, but Derm just laughs at the blow and takes off running.  Tod gives chase, and chases him all the way to the south entrance of the Grand Room.

((Except I couldn't tell if my stats allowed that or not, or if it was someone's else's thing, y'know?))

Derek reads through the book again and tries the following for the destruction of the book:
"Terosifi!
Puboub!
Haustiver!
Kaverbel!

(Number of spells/actions per turn outside of combat isn't tied to stats at all (except you can only cast as long as you have pool.))

You continue your efforts to bring affront to the book using spells from said book.  Ironic!

[Pot:5+1]  A large pile of bones clatters on top of the book.  You have to knock some away to even see the book for the next try.

[Pot:5+1]  Now there's several logs of wood on top of the book.  You have to struggle a bit to get them clear for another go.

[Pot:1+1]  A tiny fleshy lump spluts down onto the book.  You nudge it aside with your foot- ick.

[Pot:4+1] Now there are some sheets of leather on it.  All and all, not exactly what you had in mind!

Zemonif
Nodi
Kiallum

Continuing to ignore the people running past you in the grand tradition of Benny Hill, you concentrate on your magic.

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing happens, so that you notice.

[Pot:4+1]  A puff of grey fog comes into being and floats over your right shoulder.  It stays there for a few moments then breaks apart and goes away.   Huh.

[Pot:1+1]  A shimmering blob appears.  Yeah, that's probably supposed to be something.

Charles says Kaverbel Gostophori Flifact.

"See, this is how you do it."

[Pot:5+1]  Bright magical ley lines appear and crisscross your left leg, then burst with energy.  Your left leg shrinks, shrivels, and toughens into a core of solid leather.  From this core, sure enough, your leg hair regrows- except now it grows long and thick, not unlike sheep's wool.  Several inches of thick, coarse wool surround your leg, filling it out to its original size.

... Huh, how about that.  Jack does not look impressed.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - South exit, Grand Room (3/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - South exit, Grand Room  (2) {Burns on arms}
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Northeast side, Grand Room (Left leg is wooly leather)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:04 pm »

"Your efforts have been rich, and now for them you shall die."

Actions!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:12:08 pm by dermonster »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2013, 01:13:38 pm »

"~Right-then. Let's-be-good-friends.~"

Try again, same conditions apply fully.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2013, 01:29:03 pm »

Curiouser and Curiouser

Josionp Kiallum Zemonif

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2013, 03:01:50 pm »

"Hmm, Believe I had a repeat in there. How embarrassing."
"You certainly did. Hm, this current line of experimentation is...interesting. Evidently, they're not good spells on their own..."

Zentol
Sabidetria Terosifi Furicalnec
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:05:44 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »

"That's not what I was expecting, but since you're fine, do you think we'd be better off as a team?
((He was supposed to drown on the stuff... oh well, new plan.))
"I think I know how to regrow our leg hair. If you know what I mean."
"Probable best not to do that."

Cast a PM spell at the fire pool
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2013, 03:29:27 pm »

Well Myra is of no help, in fact she seems to have completely gone to sleep.  Derek realizes the irony of trying to destroy the book using the book, but throwing it straight upwards to the upside-down magma pool feels impossible.  So he continues his research!  Still aimed at the book, he tries spells from a new page-

"Ristreabod!

((Haha, I didn't even notice I put the same word twice.  And I'll fix it so there's only one.  This is why I asked if I could even do more than one.  Gotta be consistent Mr./Ms. Toaster ;D ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:46:07 pm by Lalasa »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2013, 03:33:35 pm »

Do you mean to have the same word twice?

EDIT:  Oh wait, I didn't notice that you only have one channeling.  Yeah, you would only be able to use one word per turn, even out of combat.  We'll just let the last turn slide.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:35:12 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 198