Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378084 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [When in doubt, use hair]
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:49 am »

(Can two or more people cast a spell so if bob and I casted a three part spell(Two parts mine, one part his) would it work?)

Right now, no.  It's an interesting idea, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:25 am »

Now that won't do, that won't do at all.  Derek tries the word on the book once more.

"Ristreabod!"

He wonders if Myra is alright.  Maybe he should try poking her again to wake her up?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2013, 11:15:58 am »

"Boomerang? I seem to be finding all the esoteric weapons. Now I just need to find the Pinga."

Pame
Tifesslos
Sabidetria

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2013, 11:18:40 am »

((I don't know about you guys, but I am rooting for Bob all the way. Go Bob!))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:20:37 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2013, 11:31:39 am »

Charles psyches himself up, readying himself to act as quickly as possible next turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:57 am »

Charles psyches himself up, readying himself to act as quickly as possible next turn.

Hmmm.   I hadn't planned on this kind of action, but what do people think of something like this giving a bonus- skipping a turn for a bonus the following turn?  I don't see an issue with a +1 to speed or maybe even +2 from an action like this.  I don't think I could give a bonus to strength or potency, though (and endurance wouldn't really make sense.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2013, 11:38:24 am »

I don't see why you can't just increase the pool cost for a +1 to potency. Like putting a fuckton of coal in a steam train.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2013, 11:40:10 am »

+2 to speed makes sense, as does Derm's suggestion. I support both, to be honest.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 24, 2013, 12:19:11 pm »

Okay, now I do like the "burn extra pool for more potency" idea.  It'd probably suck if it wasn't a 1:1 burn, but there should be some sort of limit on it.  I think the amount you should be able to spend should be capped at your potency bonus plus one.  So if you had 3 Potency and 5 channeling, you could say "Klaatu Verata Nictu" and spend two extra pool for +2 bonus, for a total of +3 bonus.

Hmm... that actually sounds overpowered in my book.  Let's adjust that to each +1 pot costs an extra point, so the first is one, the second is two, and so on.  The example above would require six total pool.

Sound good?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

I'm going to need more pool. Sounds fine.

Also is that an actual spell? (half joking)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

Nah, better double the pool cost for a bonus. Otherwise the bonus comes too cheaply and, in the case of a 1:1 burn, there's really very little reason not to use it. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2013, 12:23:26 pm »

I'm going to need more pool.
Isn't that how it always is?

Also is that an actual spell? (half joking)
Sure. Try saying it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2013, 12:41:15 pm »

Doubling it is too much.  What about 2 points for +1 and you can't use it more than once?  Stacking it might get extreme.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

Two points per word of the spell, or two points total?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2013, 12:44:41 pm »

Total.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 198