Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378218 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh Hell]
« Reply #840 on: August 08, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »

You sure did.  It was in your back pocket.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 09, 2013, 12:14:03 am »

"Hmm, I might as well finish off that page."
Say "Uraderke, Raveri, Qadschrona"

((Last turn was "Swinat", "Ausanolo", and "Necti"))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:15:53 am by Vakothu »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 09, 2013, 01:02:10 am »

"Now to fix this.... also check some things.."
Pioncale Irros, activate if nessecary try and "fix" broken arm if possible say Edaphi
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #843 on: August 09, 2013, 01:18:22 am »

(Hehe! I found magic and Zentol all in one turn? This is a good day.)

"Everything is as it should be. I'm feeling very still, and I think my book knows which way to go."

Smile and read the words that I'm positive will introduce fun into all our bleak and pointlessly long lives.

colatica Jupedem irros pumat Pioncale

If this works and I become some sort of horrifying, giant crossbreed conduit of magical energy, lovecraftian horror and heavenly fury, make sure I say something cool before I lose my mind and begin tearing my way across the cosmos on a blood throne made of screaming fetuses.

That or, you know, if it fails, twiddle my thumbs.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:21:29 am by piecewise »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 09, 2013, 01:45:41 am »

do you even have any willpower to resist the eldritch horrors with?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 09, 2013, 01:57:58 am »

PW IS the eldritch horror
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #846 on: August 09, 2013, 03:06:45 am »

Stuff! Also will my little pet dissapear if i dont do anything with it? Perhaps someone has the horrible idea of touching it!
And, im busy with other stuff, but someone should stop Piecewise... Really. Perhaps someone can throw my fish at him? Maybe it becomes an aggresive killing machine and kills everyone in the room.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:13:07 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:37 am »

Ride pony back into the grand room, then try new actions!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 09, 2013, 11:03:19 am »

Let's see how many people manage to kill themselves this turn.

Actions

You channel your inner potency.  What horrors are you planning to unleash?

Duablam Lodr

Ignoring the unwieldable golden sword, you try something else.

[Pot:5+1]  This results in an obsidian claymore.  Heavy, but usable.

"Wighthill.."

You lament your wounds, then try some magic.

[Pot:6]  A shimmering image appears of a tall tower shield.  It fades away.

Say "Uraderke, Raveri, Qadschrona"[/b]

(I'm assuming that's three separate casts)

[Pot:5+1]  This time it's your right arm that glows.

[Pot:4+1]  Left leg.

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing really happens.

"Now to fix this.... also check some things.."
Pioncale Irros, activate if nessecary try and "fix" broken arm if possible say Edaphi

You play with dangerous magic.

[Pot:5]  Jet black ley lines crisscross your body, and settle in under you control.  Grinning, you activate them.

[Will:1-3]  And collapse to the ground screaming.

A jagged scar forms on your chest and rips into a rift in reality.  Your body shifts and warps, forming tentacles, eyes, mouths, and other unidentifiable body parts.  You shake and convulse uncontrollably.  Finally, a massive tentacle whips out of the rift, wraps around what remains of your neck, and pulls you into your own chest as you scream in an otherworldly tongue.  The rift snaps shut as you are pulled through.

[Hale is dead.  His power goes to no one.]

colatica Jupedem irros pumat Pioncale

You do your best to emulate your suicidal brethren.

[Pot:5+1]  A mass of magical ley lines, in many shifting colors crisscross your body, forcing back the magic and returning you to flesh.  Some of the lines almost seem to be fighting each other.  They erupt in a magical burst.

[Will:1-1-3]
[Will:3-1-3]

And you scream.

Down the left half of your body forms a jagged rift, while the right side of your body gains a golden circle.  Both rifts open at the same time, and your body becomes a warzone.  From your left burst a mass of toothy-mawed tentacles, while from your right several mail-clad arms wield swords and spears with a golden trim.  The two sides immediately begin clashing over your body, which has begun erupting with magical energy.  Streamers of octarine follow the movements of the battle as the two sides attempt to gain an advantage over each other.  Eventually reinforcements arrive for each side- skeletal arms from the left, and plated arms from the left.  Each of these arms grabs on to half your body and begins to pull.   As the rifts close, your body is torn in half as each side drags part of you back into their rift.  As the two sides snap shut with a magical burst, the only thing that is left of you is a bloodstain on the ground.

[Bob is extremely dead.  His power goes to no one.]

Stuff! Also will my little pet dissapear if i dont do anything with it? Perhaps someone has the horrible idea of touching it!
And, im busy with other stuff, but someone should stop Piecewise... Really. Perhaps someone can throw my fish at him? Maybe it becomes an aggresive killing machine and kills everyone in the room.

As will all living summons, it will stick around until killed.  Or, in this case, it flops over the edge of the pit.

Also, from the bloodcurdling screams and horrible other noises that will haunt your nightmares, it seems Bob has stopped himself.

You wave at Myra, then say some words.

[Alish Pot:3+1]
[Myra Dex:3]
[Myra End:3]

Alish shoots a fireball straight forward at Myra.  She tries to dodge, but still catches it on the side, causing burns on the right of her torso.  Alish, not letting up, charges Myra.

[Alish Dex:3]
[Myra Dex:1]
[Myra End:6]

Alish wraps her arms around Myra, screaming "GIVE ME THAT WAND!"  Myra, for her part, turns her body so the acid doesn't really get on her- but her clothes are soaked, and starting to dissolve away.  That'll be a problem very soon.

Ride pony back into the grand room, then try new actions!

The pony is too spooked to listen to you, but he does calm down and stop before he leaves the spike room.  Shrugging, you try more magic.

[Pot:6]  A set of crystal claws appears before you and falls to the ground.  If you could get a good grip on them, they'd probably make a nice weapon- though that's probably not what you had in mind.

Cromwell and Algem spawn into the Magma Room.  They eye each other warily and consider the door behind each of them.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - North Ledge, Grand Room  (Pot Focus) {Face badly burned} [Steel spear with force-light head] (6)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
Tiruin:  Myra - South side, Cavern [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, feeling faint, clothes soaked in acid and dissolving}
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  [Riding leathery pony]
Sarzael:  Alish - South side, Cavern  (Body is greenish liquid)  {Hugging Myra}

Two suicides!  Not bad, but there's so much potential for more!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Hrm. He killed himself before I could do the job. Dissapointing."

Actions! Research!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((The action I did was directed at the steel I just summoned a while ago by the way.

..Also, acid? It all fell off before. Where did the new acid come from?! >_>))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

((The action I did was directed at the steel I just summoned a while ago by the way.

The one hugging you is made of the stuff.  Good luck.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Ehh, its my body.

Attempt to touch her eyes, nose inside, ear inside, and mouth inside when possible. Do not let her say words. Hug harder so that she doesnt escape.
You know this all can be fixed peacefully Tiruin.

Also, shouldnt the potency of my fireball be 6? I overdrived two channeling, and it was 3 turns since my last overdrive (Overdrive to make body acid, test new body(1), focus(2), summon(3), overdrive fireball.
So she should be more hurt than she currently is. Way more. Like, 1/3 more.

Overdrive one strenght point.

If she manages to get away, Words pointing at her.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:21:51 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Wield the obsidian claymore. Say Duablam Wighthill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((...

I hate timezones. Denied turns. Denied actions. Ugh. I'm feeling I found several unfair portions on this. Just feelings anyway so don't pay attention to that >___>))

Acid acid acid.

Water to acid? Great, I don't know the word FOR water.

Ughhhgh. If I die, it won't be to this ugly creep!

What defeats acid.

HOW DOES THIS THING MOVE?!

Great. It's hugging me. GREAT. Now it'll what. Spread on me because of it's liquid nature? Come on! It even speaks!

Curse this book. It's not even being dissol-

"Get away from me!"

Dissociate evil pH monster.

Meaning USE THIS DAMN BOOK TO SHOVE IT AWAY, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.

Stab that wand into that thing.

...Nothing matters. Nobody cares. It all comes down to possessions.

Give me that wand. Oh, let's not mind how you kill me in the process.

Give me your book.

Give me your soul.

Thrice damn this.

((Peacefully. With you ending me. Yes, that's real peaceful. <__<))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:02:35 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 198